PDA

View Full Version : Attention Disneyland Scanning Enthusiasts...

b52hbuff
03-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Check out the updated information on the Disneyland Radio system here:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=362

TikiGeek
03-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Oh No :eek: It required me to login - I don't have access. If it's legal, can you PM me a text file of the updated information (not the login I.D.). Are the accounts free? Can anyone register? If so, I'll be glad to register.

TKS.

bradk
03-22-2005, 10:27 AM
it's free to set up an account (all they ask for is username/password/email)

marktips
03-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Ugh, I am so against this.

edit: that small phrase was the best I could come up with while remaining within posting guidelines, not trying to start a fight, I just think its wrong.

ima_mickeyfan
03-22-2005, 01:50 PM
i don't get this site?? what is it supposed to do? I have no clue as where to click to hear anything.

bradk
03-22-2005, 01:56 PM
the site lists the frequencies you can tune to if you have a scanner while on the premises. if it doesn't mean anything to you, i wouldn't worry about it.

b52hbuff
03-22-2005, 02:13 PM

Ok, so I won't start a fight. :)

Why is it 'wrong'? Is it any more 'wrong' to peek through a construction fence? Or ogle at backstage photos?

karl
03-22-2005, 02:27 PM
I noticed the page doesnt list entertainment show frequencies.

'Drive-in Fantasmic'

-- Karl

b52hbuff
03-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I noticed the page doesnt list entertainment show frequencies.

'Drive-in Fantasmic'

-- Karl

:) How many people get that...

Well, I'm in the process of preparing some other radio profiles (e.g. Pro-92/95 and BC-246T). When I get them all done, I'll put them into one big tarball and upload them somewhere.

As an fyi, I think the Fantasmic! headsets have changed since the 'Drive-in' days. They have moved from 200MHz to 400MHz area.

AVP
03-22-2005, 02:36 PM

edit: that small phrase was the best I could come up with while remaining within posting guidelines, not trying to start a fight, I just think its wrong.Click here (http://www.fcc.gov/) to lodge a complaint. Let us know how it goes. Disney has many, MANY options open to them. They choose to use a system that is legally open to monitoring by private individuals. Sort of like posting your diary on the Internet, and then being annoyed because people read it. Disney has ways to keep their sensitive radio communication protected. Why they use it in some cases and not others is beyond me.

AVP

karl
03-22-2005, 02:45 PM
:) How many people get that...

Not many... but I'll leave 'em wondering. Do they still do the show at 1:15 or so before break?

As an fyi, I think the Fantasmic! headsets have changed since the 'Drive-in' days. They have moved from 200MHz to 400MHz area.

Its been in the upper 400 area for as long as I remember.

b52hbuff
03-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Its been in the upper 400 area for as long as I remember.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/al/docs/scan.htm

Check out the Fantasmic! section:
208.4000M WFM Fantasmic! Control Room / Rptr Out

b52hbuff
03-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Disney has ways to keep their sensitive radio communication protected. Why they use it in some cases and not others is beyond me.
AVP

Yeah, like using the phone. :) Knowing that the churro cart needs a refill isn't exactly 'sensitive'....

My understanding from folks who understand the system issues is that it would be impossible for Disney to retrofit encryption onto their existing system. They would have to move to something like iDen/Nextel (which is what WDW is doing). Or they could go with a digitally encrypted system like Orange County.

The issue is that the decision of encryption doesn't happen in a vacuum. They need to consider cost, safety, propagation, support, etc, etc.

b52hbuff
03-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Not many... but I'll leave 'em wondering. Do they still do the show at 1:15 or so before break?

I have no idea.

karl
03-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Security communications should be secure. A scanning enthusiast knowing that security is tailing a suspect could inadvertantly tip off the whole situation or worse.

Most of the rest of the trunk is mundane stuff; perhaps only the attraction '101' calls may be of interest. Usually you are only hearing half the story anyway.

My own past interest was in 'the making of' entertainment shows. Hearing the stage manager's calls in a big production can be interesting, especially in a very complex show like Fantasmic! The stage tech timing is extremely tight and no two shows are the same.

Not so much into the smaller shows. During Animazement I could hear the natural voices of the performers. Unfortunately performers do have a habit of talking off-stage with their mics on - which is very borderline on privacy. I felt that crossed the line. Fortunately for them the mics are extremely short range, usually limited to just the venue.

-- Karl

Flint
03-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Unfortunately performers do have a habit of talking off-stage with their mics on - which is very borderline on privacy. I felt that crossed the line. Fortunately for them the mics are extremely short range, usually limited to just the venue.
Singers, actors, and dancers rarely shut up, let alone know when to do so...

PhilMP
03-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Okay, this is bothering me. It's Stage Manager, not Stage Director. Also, they're techs, not crew.

Phil

karl
03-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Okay, this is bothering me. It's Stage Manager, not Stage Director. Also, they're techs, not crew.

Phil

Thanks for the clarification! I fixed it.

PhilMP
03-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Hehe, no problem. It's the theatre geek in me. SMs don't like to have anything to do with Directors, cause too many problems and create more work for us. :)

Phil

TikiGeek
03-23-2005, 09:05 AM
If anyone has a Pro-95 profile (with the new Disney stuff) that there will'in to share please let me know :) - TKS

b52hbuff
03-23-2005, 10:46 AM
If anyone has a Pro-95 profile (with the new Disney stuff) that there will'in to share please let me know :) - TKS

As I said before:
Well, I'm in the process of preparing some other radio profiles (e.g. Pro-92/95 and BC-246T). When I get them all done, I'll put them into one big tarball and upload them somewhere.

Question for MP Admins, would they be interested in hosting datafiles? Probably on the order of <~100k.