PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Toad and Best Time of Year

Savage1701
03-22-2005, 09:57 AM
I am a new member to this forum and have only been to Disneyland once back in 1993 at the Disneyana Convention. I want to bring my wife and son and re-visit. My son is absolutely obsessed with going on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Does anyone know if it is scheduled for any sort of refurb this fall?

Also, generally speaking, what is the best time of the year to visit to minimize the crowds, such as the fall? Obviously, I know not to come at major holidays, etc., but I do not know if there is a slow season as there is at WDW.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

bradk
03-22-2005, 10:04 AM
at this point in time, i don't believe there are any plans to close mr. toad as it just went through a refurb for the 50th and i can't imagine it will require any additional scheduled downtime anytime soon.

best time of year crowd-wise: the week after thanksgiving and jan/feb. HM will be closed most of january though to remove holiday decorations. IASW is also down for some time for decoration changes.

HorizonsA
03-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Lucky for you, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride just finished a refurbishment a few weeks ago and should be open in tha fall.

I highly suggest that you visit in mid September during the week and/or October during the week. The new school year will be fresh so crowds will be little to none. I went the thrd week of September and it was heaven. My friend and I had a blast. We did everything in California Adventure and then spent the rest of the day doing everything in Disneyland. It was awesome.

NOTE: This is the 50th Anniversary and lots of people are taking special vacations year-round to witness the parks during the 18m month celebration, which coud mean the parks may or may not be deserted if you go furing those two months. But, like I said, school will just have started and the mosty people you'll see there are seniors and moms and dads with their toddlers. No teenagers, school field trips, etc.

tstan70
03-22-2005, 12:08 PM
My last two extended trips to Disneyland were the week after Thanksgiving and the last week of September. I loved going during the holidays and seeing all of the decorations, but it seemed like the parks got crowded every day in the late afternoon - lots of locals coming for some Holiday Cheer.

As for September, we loved it there during the week. Sure, the parks aren't open as long and there are some post-summer refurbs of rides, but the crowds are usually perfect and so is the weather.

My vote would be for September. Also, October can be a bit risky. Schools in Utah and Arizona get a fall recess at different times during that month that can turn a normally quiet afternoon at the parks into gridlock on Mainstreet. Utah gets out for the Utah Education Assoc. meetings - alot of people use the anacronym UEA to stand for "Utahns Entering Anaheim" instead

Susan L
03-22-2005, 12:26 PM
I am a new member to this forum and have only been to Disneyland once back in 1993 at the Disneyana Convention. I want to bring my wife and son and re-visit. My son is absolutely obsessed with going on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Does anyone know if it is scheduled for any sort of refurb this fall?

Also, generally speaking, what is the best time of the year to visit to minimize the crowds, such as the fall? Obviously, I know not to come at major holidays, etc., but I do not know if there is a slow season as there is at WDW.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

May I first say that your son has an excellent obsession. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is one of my all time favorites.

As for fall, I would say the first part of Novemeber is a good time. Right after Halloween but before Thanksgiving. As for rehab I believe Mr. Toad is undergoing one right now or has gone through one just recently.

stan4d_steph
03-22-2005, 12:34 PM
I always like the beginning of Dec. for visiting. Holiday entertainment and decorations are in full swing, but crowds haven't peaked.