PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Hopper for Annual Pass?

atalmi
03-22-2005, 08:15 AM
I searched but could not find an answer to the following question (sorry if it's been answered before) - We will be going next month to DL using a 5 day hopper. I want to upgrade the family to the annual pass with one of the passes to include parking. When you upgrade, do you have to do it on the last day of the hopper or can you do it earlier? Do you surrender the hopper at the time you upgrade? I ask mainly because the last day of the pass, we want to go in on Saturday (a blackout day), but I want to upgrade earlier than Saturday so I don't have to pay parking for the other days. Thanks in advance for the advice!!!

bradk
03-22-2005, 08:19 AM
in your case, last day. yes, you surrender the hopper and its privileges when you upgrade.

Darkbeer
03-22-2005, 08:35 AM
A option, have ONE member of the family upgrade to a Premium...

The lack of parking will cost you $40 (They will refund ONE day's parking fee when you upgrade to a AP with Parking)..

A deluxe with Parking is $258, a Premium is $329, so it will cost you $71, or actually $31 after factoring the 4 days of parking...

The Premium will give you a 10% discount on most merchandise, and the best list of food discounts. If you get the Premium on the first day, you should make up the additional costs in food and merchandise discounts (need to spend just over $300).

But make sure and use the Early Entry and the ESPN Zone Game Card PRIOR to getting the AP.

bradk
03-22-2005, 08:40 AM
wow, now that's genius.

atalmi
03-22-2005, 10:41 AM
I assume that if we have to upgrade on the 4th day of the 5 day pass, we can (if for some reason we can't go on Saturday). That is, Disney allows upgrade to the pass on any of the days as long as it has not expired?

bradk
03-22-2005, 10:51 AM
yes, you can upgrade at any point before the hopper expires, but darkbeer will reprimand you heavily if you first don't take advantage of the early entry before upgrading.

i can't be held responsible.

atalmi
03-22-2005, 11:23 AM
I promise to use the early entry and espn zone... shudder at the thought of a reprimand...

sjcivilady
03-22-2005, 11:26 AM
If you buy your hoppers from AAA, they come with free parking (if that helps).