PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Smells

JoeCanadian
01-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Inspired by something I seen elsewhere, everybody has a smell they associate with a particular part of Disneyland. Bad or good...it sticks with you subconciously. For me, it's that foggy smell down in the cellars of the Pirates of the Caribbean. The mustiness is kinda growing on me now that I've dwelled on it so much.

Flubber
01-04-2002, 10:54 AM
MMmm..burnt coffee.

The diesel smell from autopia always reminds me of DL when I'm out in the real world.

Flub

Ace
01-04-2002, 05:19 PM
ducks in the ROA or frozen bananas.

JRob2k1
01-04-2002, 05:46 PM
The inside of the Indiana Jones Attraction....what is that smell? Hydralic Fluid and natural gas? Mmmmm

And also the chlorinated wate of Splash Mountain. Can't go wrong there!

-JRob

LIMANDL4EVA
01-04-2002, 05:58 PM
i know everyone is going to raise one eyebrow;) when i say this but when i smell it :) im just going to give a sigh of relief, because my fav smell, i bet most of you dont know what it is even when i say it is the smell you get on indy, right when he is closing the gates...this may sound weird, but its like the smell of buring rubber, disney style, i dont know how to explain it, but it definately reminds me of disneyland when i smell it

MammaSilva
01-04-2002, 06:35 PM
hmmm there are several that come to mind....

the fog/mist "smell" in PoC.....

that clorinated stench they call Cosmic Wave that just overpowers Tommorowland....

Desiel fumes always make me think of Autopia

but my favorite smell....warm cinnamon sugar....my mouth starts watering for a Disneyland Churro....I've gotten churros at other places but they just aren't the same as those in Disneyland!

mad4mky
01-04-2002, 06:37 PM
The POC has the strongest memory smell to me also. It is just so distinctive....You KNOW you are at DL when you smell that musty, foggy smell. Makes me smile thinking of it.:D

Believe
01-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Yes all of them but what about the Haunted Mansion!!!!! the dusty smoke/fog smell !!!!! yum :)

my top 5 are...

Haunted Mansion
Splash M
POTC
Indiana Jones
BTM

What about the smell of the oil chain ??????? mmmmm ! :)

:D

innerSpaceman
01-04-2002, 08:02 PM
Absolutely the dank smell of the first caverns in Pirates. Hmmmm. Deep in the cell memory by now.

Believe
01-04-2002, 08:06 PM
Yeah !!!

I wish my house had all of those smells thoughout the house ! i could walk into my room and smell the wonders of POTC !!!

i have a smoke machine at home but it doesnt smell the same !!! no were near like the smoke at Disneyland !!

Big Questions is HOW DO THEY DO IT ???????

Nigel2
01-05-2002, 10:19 PM
If you have a model train that uses houseold oil that will have the same smell. Since they want a smoke that is thick and heavy enough to stay when a car goes past (with as little disturbance as possible) they use an oil based fog/smoke.

Wasn't this a topic before?

bluepearl
01-05-2002, 10:23 PM
I gotta say (and this is probably one of the tired answers that gets repeated often) - the waffle cone smell from Main Street. Whenever I'm at Cold Stone and I order a waffle cone, the scent reminds me of Disneyland.

Uncle Dick
02-03-2002, 08:39 AM
The smell of greasy comfort food that eminates from Tomorrowland Terrace and other similar burger locations. Mmmmmmm.... comfort food.

PinkFloyd
02-03-2002, 07:55 PM
Also POC hands down!

HTHBellcaptain
02-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by bluepearl
I gotta say (and this is probably one of the tired answers that gets repeated often) - the waffle cone smell from Main Street. Whenever I'm at Cold Stone and I order a waffle cone, the scent reminds me of Disneyland.

Bluepearl,

I have to agree with you. That smell helps me know I'm at Disneyland. Kind of like drinking the non-alchoholic mint julips in New Orleans Square.

BELLEH5
02-03-2002, 10:00 PM
I love the mist smell in POTC, and the smell inside It's a Small World. Oh yes and the candy shop smell on Main St.:)

Rallymonkey23
02-03-2002, 10:37 PM
First off I would like to say that Believes' avatar is awesome!! And I think my favorite smell in the DLR is on Soarin'(the part when you start flying above the stream.)Gotta love that pine scent!! As for Disneyland. It WAS at the HHM when you first entered the mansion. I can't describe it. It did really smell like a holiday scent. Of course it wore off within a week or two of the rides opening. Did anyone else smell that too?? Or was it just me?

jslivinski
02-28-2002, 12:19 PM
The smell that stands out in my mind is a mixture of the diesel fumes from the trams mixed with freshly cleaned cement. It's a smell that hits you as you walk to the entrance from Harbor in the early morning. Anytime I smell either smell it takes me to that moment... the anticipation of walking into Disneyland.

pixiepal
02-28-2002, 04:17 PM
The Matterhorn has a distinct smell also. Similar to Pirates.
I have actually said, on at least 3-4 occasions in my life, when I have been somewhere BESIDES Disneyland:
"Wow! It smells like the ________(insert Disneyland ride here) right here!!"
Then I grab my friend or whoever I am with and make them smell it also.
I wonder why all of my friends think I am a freak?