PDA

View Full Version : Tip for a Golden Ears hat...

tod
03-21-2005, 09:11 AM
We walked into Disneyland SUnday and saw Golden Ears at the pin cart, so of course we walked over to the Mad Hatter and saw a line a mile long for embroidery and of course we walked right back out again.

We went over to The Hatmosphere in Tomorrowland, and got in line behind one other person and got out in five minutes.

I recommend you do the same.

--t

GeminiAngel
03-21-2005, 10:10 AM
I was there sun. morning about 9-9:30am ish? Bought golden ears and other things at the emporium, walked over to The Mad Hatter. We were the only ones in the place!!! Had DD's name put on, and a red/gold bow for a dollar more. What time of day did you go?

tod
03-21-2005, 10:14 AM
I was there sun. morning about 9-9:30am ish? Bought golden ears and other things at the emporium, walked over to The Mad Hatter. We were the only ones in the place!!! Had DD's name put on, and a red/gold bow for a dollar more. What time of day did you go?

Two or three o'clock in the afternoon.

TikiGeek
03-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Is the "computerized" embroidery better than the "manual" method for having names put on the hats?

Lani
03-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Is the "computerized" embroidery better than the "manual" method for having names put on the hats?
I haven't seen the ones in DL, but I have seen them in WDW. The computerized ones are very nice, but in my opinion, don't have the personal touch that has made the personalized stitching so meaningful.

I would personally go with the manual stitching. :)

Christiii
03-21-2005, 11:02 AM
when we were there last month, we asked about having a hat engraved and they said the new machines take at least 20 minutes!!?? I think we were at the briar patch hat place, I couldnt believe it...why the heck would they call that an improvement over a two minute hand embroidering??
I asked again to make sure..and they said ...yup..about 20 minutes EACH hat...needless to say...we passed on getting one there :rolleyes:

mystycalchyk
03-21-2005, 11:04 AM
I haven't seen the ones in DL, but I have seen them in WDW. The computerized ones are very nice, but in my opinion, don't have the personal touch that has made the personalized stitching so meaningful.

I would personally go with the manual stitching. :)

I've never seen the computerized thingiemajiggies, but thats my thought too. I much prefer that a person does it. It never fails to impress me how nice a job they do :)

Terri
03-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Back "in the olden days..." when I was a CM, one of my favorite jobs was doing the name embroidery. It took a while to learn how to manuver the machines, but it was such a special thing to do for guests! The best part was adding a little personal flair to the names - something we weren't supposed to do, but something everyone of us did! One girl used to do flowers...mine was a "firework" at the end of the name (it looked a lot like a circle with lines coming out from it - like a firework explosion) Another person did curlyQ's. You could always see "your work" on the guests and it was kinda cool seeing who would return time and again wearing the hat they bought during a past visit.

I've checked with the DLH and we are going to have them waiting in our room for us upon arrival - a nice little perk.

sdfilmcritic
03-21-2005, 12:12 PM
I was eating lunch at a restaurant yesterday and my dad noticed another table packed with about six adults all wearing the golden Mouse ears. It was someone's birthday and that was their idea of party hats. What a great way to keep using the golden ears!

GeminiAngel
03-21-2005, 01:25 PM
I forgot to ask the cast member if you can get different colored thread instead white. Do they allow that?

tod
03-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I forgot to ask the cast member if you can get different colored thread instead white. Do they allow that?

On the computerized machines, yes. On the hand-embroidered ones, no. I thought white would look bad on the gold but it doesn't.

--t