PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen and birthdays

Holding@Kanga
03-21-2005, 08:03 AM
My daughter is really into the Disney princess, and for her Birthday I was thinking of trying Goofys Kitchen.

Has anyone celebrated a Birthday there? Is it worth the money?
What kind of Birthday packages do they offer if any?

stan4d_steph
03-21-2005, 08:13 AM
If she's really into the princesses, you should go to the Plaza Inn character breakfast, which is themed to the princesses.

MsYumiBr
03-21-2005, 08:49 AM
If she's really into the princesses, you should go to the Plaza Inn character breakfast, which is themed to the princesses.

They get gold paper crowns. Very cute.

stinkerbell
03-21-2005, 08:52 AM
I agree with Steph about the princess theming.

We've done three birthdays at Goofy's though and have had a blast. We like the food at Goofy's (compared to Plaza Inn) and overall theming for the price, so that's why we stick to Goofy's for our daughter's birthday parties. We'll do my youngest's birthday there next December. We set aside several hours, enjoy our meal, sip our coffee, interact with the characters.... a lot. The girls have about three courses of dessert and we roll to the park.

Over the years, we've seen The Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Alice, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Price Phillip, Mulan, Mary Poppins, Cruella, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Cinderella, Belle, Donald Duck, Rafiki, and many more.

The last time we went, it was The Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Alice, Sleeping Beauty, Chip and Dale, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and several more that I'm blanking on.....sorry. The character interaction was incredible on that visit. Much better even than other meals. The girls had a blast and we stayed there forever (it was slow, so we weren't taking anyone's time slot).

As for the birthday part, we've done two things. The first time (having never been there), we paid for the birthday "party," and ordered an actual cake. It was $10 per person, on top of the meal, plus the cake, which I think was over $20. It was too much!

The other times, we've just told the server it was a birthday, and they brought a mini-cake (for free) smothered in chocolate and whipped cream and the characters (including Mary Poppins and Cruella!) sang happy birthday. I'd bought a birthday bucket ($10) in advance from Plaza Inn the day before and they presented it to my daughter. Very cute.

We've had such incredible birthday experiences at Goofy's that I honestly haven't tried Plaza Inn's birthday parties. I've peeked at the Happiest Birthdays on Earth parties there, and have been happy to stick with Goofy's. The girls look forward to our meals there on each of our trips.

bradk
03-21-2005, 08:55 AM
birthday wise, i think the only thing goofy offers that's unique might be the birthday bags.

you can buy a birthday bucket most anywhere and/or get a cake. there's also the birthday celebration also at the plaza inn i think.

there's a lot of birthday info here:

http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html

BQ2
03-22-2005, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the posting and the information above. Our son's b-day is next month. We will plan accordingly :) Oh boy I'm excited now!!!

Holding@Kanga
03-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Yes, 'Thank You' for the information.

One more question is doing a character party better for the imediate family as oppose to a full blown partty where the whole family comes and my daughter brings her friends?

bradk
03-22-2005, 08:43 AM
i don't see how it's mutually exclusive, unless you're talking about dozens of friends. for the goofy birthday thing, it's $5 a head on top of the meal, which is fairly reasonable to me.

if you order a cake, you have to give them 72 hours notice.