PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a store in DL that you can go get [your photo taken]

slanders
03-21-2005, 05:48 AM
your pic taken with different backdrops and it looks like you are right in the middle of the group. Does that make sense??? I had mine taken with all the disney characters and basically they just put you in front of a backdrop and take the pic and when it comes out it looks like they are all around you and such. They had many type of backdrops. I had this done 15 yrs ago but I just love it. Would love to take and get a pic with my kids.

Does this place still exist and if so...where????

Thanks soooo much.

Sonja

stan4d_steph
03-21-2005, 06:50 AM
There is a photo place in DCA's Paradise Pier that will take your photo in front of a green screen, then insert you into the backdrop of your choice. There are lots of different Disney movie characters to choose from.

Goofster57
03-21-2005, 09:03 AM
I believe that all of these types of photo locations have been closed. You can get your picture with Tinker Bell superimposed on your hand from any of the vendors in front of the Castle, also in Town Square and right inside the entrance gate of Disneyland. I believe they have the same thing at the entrance plaza of California Adventure also.

Hakuna Makarla
03-21-2005, 09:16 AM
what? I was so excited to see this and now you say they are no longer doing it. Man I would have loved to have my pic super imposed!

Christiii
03-21-2005, 09:25 AM
I believe that all of these types of photo locations have been closed. You can get your picture with Tinker Bell superimposed on your hand from any of the vendors in front of the Castle, also in Town Square and right inside the entrance gate of Disneyland. I believe they have the same thing at the entrance plaza of California Adventure also.
I have that tinkerbell photo as a 8x10, and then I was lucky enough to have Margret Kerry (the original model for tinkerbell) sign it when she was in out town!!
she used a gold pen and signed it "faith, Trust and pixe dust, Tinkerbell, Margret Kerry"
Im not into autographs, but this is so special..one of my favorite souveniers!!

CoasterChickie
03-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Christii...I love that story! :D

There is a place in DTD that you can have your photo taken so it looks like you're a celebrity. There is also a store next to Star Tours that will make you look like the characters from Star Wars.

stan4d_steph
03-21-2005, 11:10 AM
I believe that all of these types of photo locations have been closed.Thanks for the update Goofster. I'm a little behind the times now that I've moved to NY. I'm not surprised that it closed. The place never seemed to be busy.

MyBeast
03-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the update Goofster. I'm a little behind the times now that I've moved to NY. I'm not surprised that it closed. The place never seemed to be busy.

the Pacific Ocean Photo place isn't closed. It's open till 1-2 hours before park closing. It's on the pier next to Dips and Strips

DisneyDustin22
03-21-2005, 12:34 PM
You can get your picture with Tinker Bell superimposed on your hand from any of the vendors in front of the Castle, also in Town Square and right inside the entrance gate of Disneyland. I believe they have the same thing at the entrance plaza of California Adventure also.

yeah my girlfriend and i took her twin sister and her bf to DL and the 4 of us took a picture in front of the castle, then the photographer made us guys get out of the picture and took one with the girls holding their hands together and then explained that they would put tinkerbell in their hands. they thought that was cool. i was a little peeved that they made us guys get out of the picture for that though, i asked her, "well if you can put tinkerbell in my girlfriends hands why cant you put ariel in my lap?" ;)

WITron
03-21-2005, 10:38 PM
They used to do that at the Kodak Camera shop I believe. I have one of me and my best friend with the dwarves. That was about 13 years ago, so I am not quite sure on the location, but they no longer do it like that anymore.

RemainSeatedPlease
03-21-2005, 11:00 PM
I wish this still had that shop, we have about 5 pics we took when I was alot younger. But I should mosey on over to the place in CaliAdv...What kind of backrounds and such can you do over there?..just like with characters or what?

CrazyTrain
03-22-2005, 09:52 AM
There's a funny one of a group of princes. That's all I remember!

PapiBear
03-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Pacific Ocean Photos at DCA, which does essentially the same thing as the old Fototoons shop on Main Street (where I worked in the summer of 1990), is still open for business. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/shopping/detail?name=PacificOceanPhotosShoppingPage

The old Main Street Fototoons in the Kodak Camera Center was moved back around 1994 to make room for an expansion of the clothing store, while the camera store itself was relocated to the end of the block at the former Carefree Corner. http://www.textfiles.com/fun/faq11109.txt