PDA

View Full Version : DCA Tower of Terror official

mickeyfantasmic
01-04-2002, 05:21 AM
Taken from the the Annual Shareholder report, from Eisner's letter to shareholders passage about domestic themeparks and DCA specifically:
"the crowds that the expansion has attracted have not been of the magnitude we had hoped for in its inaugural year. But we now have a vastly improved asset in Anaheim, which - as the economy improves, and the lights stay on, and the Bug's Life children's land opens this fall, and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror opens in a few years - will turn the park, like our others, into the blockbuster we all know it is. "
Eisner is the CEO of the WDC...more official word than this will be difficult to find (untill the tower opens I mean ;-)

Mickeyfantasmic
www.dlptoday.com
mickeyfantasmic@dlptoday.com

merlinjones
01-04-2002, 06:04 AM
>>"...will turn the park, like our others, into the blockbuster we all know it is. "<<

Pride goeth before a fall.

Queen of de Nile.

80S ERA
01-04-2002, 07:34 AM
I would be hesitant to take any anouncement or quote Disney has made as "gospel." Remember when he (eisner) anounced all the new attractions that would be added to the New Tomorrowland (circa98)? Many of them ended up on the chopping board -- if my memory serves me right.

I do hope we get TOT soon, though. I'm just not holding my breath after being let down by other such "official anouncements" that were made.

JoeCanadian
01-04-2002, 08:21 AM
You have to wonder if Disney can pull out a half decent Tower of Terror. The one down in Orlando's pretty intricate and quite frankly, I don't think Disney has the money or patience to see it through properly. My prediction: Tower of Tower Lite....or maybe they'll just wrap a balsa board facade around the Maliboomer:rolleyes:

MMFan
01-04-2002, 09:25 AM
Tower of Tower Lite....or maybe they'll just wrap a balsa board facade around the Maliboomer

Shhhh. Don't give them any ideas! Although a board around the MB would improve its appearance.

Nigel2
01-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Lets hope within the next few years they actually come up with an original attraction concept for DCA that will be accepted (probably with some cutbacks)