PDA

View Full Version : Soarin queue - images?

Pages : [1] 2

marktips
03-20-2005, 08:02 PM
What does the Soarin' Over California queue at DCA look like?

The first photos of the one at Epcot make it look astoundingly nice - is the one at DCA similiar? Anyone got any links to pics?

SCUBAbe
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
What does the Soarin' Over California queue at DCA look like?

The first photos of the one at Epcot make it look astoundingly nice - is the one at DCA similiar? Anyone got any links to pics?

the floor is palstic bumpy flooring. They have airplane parts in it and pictures of famous avatars. :) The queue is rather bland looking.

marktips
03-20-2005, 08:06 PM
So not like this: http://themeparks.com/library-06/wdw/epcot/soaring07.htm

SCUBAbe
03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
So not like this: http://themeparks.com/library-06/wdw/epcot/soaring07.htm

nope..not like that...although the line itself is the same. I straight line breaking off to either the right or left, but ours has potraits up of fanous avatars and signs as well as propellors and stuff.

Dexter
03-20-2005, 08:08 PM
No, the Soarin' queue at DCA is themed to the inside of a hangar and as scubababe noted, it has pictures of famous aviators and aircraft on the walls.

marktips
03-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Is this technically the same thing (as above) at DCA? http://www.mouseplanet.com/dca/condor/Soaring4.jpg

Earkid
03-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Yuck!! I do not like that queue from WDW at all. (the first link posted my markstips)

I like the indoor queue line for Soarin' at DCA. So many interesting pics to look at without alot of other distractions. DH loves it and I'm always having to drag him along in line cuz all he wants to do is stop and read and look at all the memorabilia.

Dexter
03-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Is this technically the same thing (as above) at DCA? http://www.mouseplanet.com/dca/condor/Soaring4.jpg

yes, that's the inside queue that we were talking about and I would presume the same location but different look for florida.

marktips
03-20-2005, 08:10 PM
And to explain the queries - i study design and the way designs approach the same sorta space differently always fascinates me.

marktips
03-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Yuck!! I do not like that queue from WDW at all. (the first link posted my markstips)

I like the indoor queue line for Soarin' at DCA. So many interesting pics to look at without alot of other distractions. DH loves it and I'm always having to drag him along in line cuz all he wants to do is stop and read and look at all the memorabilia.

I find that really interesting - because after finding a pic of the DCA queue, I thought it looked very blah compared to the Epcot one that struck me as "pretty - oo, ahh's" from the start.

SCUBAbe
03-20-2005, 08:16 PM
I find that really interesting - because after finding a pic of the DCA queue, I thought it looked very blah compared to the Epcot one that struck me as "pretty - oo, ahh's" from the start.

yeah, it's all the neon. neon makes everything look oo..ahh...:)

marktips
03-20-2005, 08:18 PM
I really like the ceiling too though - how'd they do the ceiling at DCA? any good pics of that anywhere?

Earkid
03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
I heard a comment from one lady that she was disappointed in the ride because she felt misled. From the queue she thought the ride would be like flying in an airplane. She felt misled that it was a ride on a "hang glider". LOL Go figure, some people.

For me the neon screams too much. The tribute pics in the DCA queue have a quiet elegance about them.

Marox3
03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
It reminds me of home . . .

I pass the Blackhawk plane, which is at the airpark exhibit, everyday. Sorry, I have no pictures of the entrance. I live in an aerospace/military area where these and others planes are viewed frequently.

I enjoy looking and reading the history. If we fastpass it, I miss many of them. Is the one at Epcot open yet?

marktips
03-20-2005, 08:22 PM
It's in test-runs and previews, the photos at themeparks.com are from a press preview. The queue also has an interesting "cove" area that's sorta like a half tunnel with scenic biome images on the walls - and they also make use of classic Epcot wall carpeting at points too.

SCUBAbe
03-20-2005, 08:23 PM
It reminds me of home . . .

I pass the Blackhawk plane, which is at the airpark exhibit, everyday. Sorry, I have no pictures of the entrance. I live in an aerospace/military area where these and others planes are viewed frequently.

I enjoy looking and reading the history. If we fastpass it, I miss many of them. Is the one at Epcot open yet?

I like the blackhawks planes also, but the camofalged one freaked me out when I first saw it. I really like the smaller NASA plane thats there. I think my house is right in the flight pattern for plant 42 and edwards. we always have planes flying over and the rattle the whole house. I like when the stealths fly over though. The part of the ride in the desert when the 3 planes fly through sounds just like home to me.

I like the music in the queue also. :)

marktips
03-20-2005, 08:24 PM
What songs play in the queue loop? I've heard they kept them the same between the two.

MrsG
03-20-2005, 08:33 PM
So many interesting pics to look at without alot of other distractions. DH loves it and I'm always having to drag him along in line cuz all he wants to do is stop and read and look at all the memorabilia.
My huuby does the same thing. Must be a guy thing. Something "manly" to look at in DLR.

SCUBAbe
03-20-2005, 08:38 PM
My huuby does the same thing. Must be a guy thing. Something "manly" to look at in DLR.

I look at them also. I recognize most of their names. teh first time i saw chuck yeagers picture I got so excited...:)...yeah, I'm a dork sometimes...LOL

marktips
03-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Ok so - all i've found so far is that the Soarin' queue apparently plays the Battlestar Galatica theme - any other leads?

Disney Vault
03-20-2005, 08:55 PM
I like how the queue doesnt look as cold. Once you get out of the first area with the pictures on the wall there is nothing besides plain walls.

marktips
03-20-2005, 09:04 PM
You mean at DCA? How far does it go on like that?

JeffG
03-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Ok so - all i've found so far is that the Soarin' queue apparently plays the Battlestar Galatica theme - any other leads?

The DCA queue does not include the "Battlestar Galactica" theme. The music in the DCA loop is all film music except for an excerpt from "The Battle of Atlantic" by Dave Roylance. It also includes music from "The Distinguished Gentleman", "The American President", "Dave", "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story", "Patton", "MacArthur", and "The Blue Max".

This information came from a great site that provides lists of many Disney theme park music loops:

http://disneymusicloops.tripod.com/

-Jeff

SCUBAbe
03-20-2005, 09:10 PM
You mean at DCA? How far does it go on like that?

just to where you go to stand in the pre-load lines. They have moniters up that have video playing of clouds with city names appearing, then they do the safety speech, then you go load onto the ride. :) (I think there are 3 loading areas on each side.)

marktips
03-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Alright - according to first reports, the Epcot queue does play the Battlestar theme - and the very patriotic/military tones of the selections at DCA don't seem fitting at Epcot with the queue design, so i'm assuming this means they are indeed different.