PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the Country Bear Playhouse!

Pages : [1] 2

HorizonsA
03-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Why this sudden burst of outcry. Click the link below.

www.doneinthedark.com/bears/hoedown2000

BJW
03-20-2005, 09:45 PM
I agree. There was something I wondered when riding Pooh yesterday. Does the ride go into both auditoriums or just one? I know the scene with Pooh coming down from the ceiling is where Teddy Berra used to be. If Heffalumps and Woozles scene is in the first bear theatre and the birthday is in the exit hallway then where is the second theatre? I wonder if maybe they could bring it back and somehow reroute the entrance by the Hungry Bear. Does anyone know what the second theatre is used for right now?

However, they could just remove Pooh. It hardly ever has a line. The max. wait was 5 minutes yesterday (a spring break Saturday.) On top of that the ride only takes like 800 per hour right? I don't think it would be missed.

The old man
03-23-2005, 10:45 AM
I know there are going to be the Pooh-lovers out there, but come on. The country bears were a unique experience with plenty of fun and every clapping along and enjoying themselves. Pooh is another day-glo passive dark ride (with a rocking car.) The bears were fun for people of all ages, after riding Pooh a couple of times I can't imagine really anyone over 5 really enjoying it. Again I know there will be people who disagree, but I'm talking statistically--no I don't have the statistics but it's my gut.
David

Susan L
03-23-2005, 12:19 PM
I miss the Country Bears :crying:

itig
03-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Bring'em back!!! I love Pooh, Tigger and the group, but hate the ride. Bring back the bears!!!!

Scalper10
03-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Put the Country Bear Playhouse in DCA. Half of the Redwood Trail is not used anyway. That would be a good spot for it. One Theatre.

dlandnut
03-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Put the Country Bear Playhouse in DCA. Half of the Redwood Trail is not used anyway. That would be a good spot for it. One Theatre.

I agree. Bring back the Country Bear Playhouse, and that seems like the perfect place. :)

stan4d_steph
03-23-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't miss it. I liked the talking moose head in the queue, but I don't really have any other strong memories. I'm not sure that ever went to the one at DL. I grew up with WDW. You can always go there to see a version.

Disneyfreak
03-23-2005, 02:27 PM
I also find that the heads in the ride are an insult to the country bears. It is like pooh has their heads on his mantle or something.

danyoung
03-23-2005, 02:42 PM
I don't miss it. I liked the talking moose head in the queue, but I don't really have any other strong memories. I'm not sure that ever went to the one at DL. I grew up with WDW. You can always go there to see a version.

Umm, I don't remember ever seeing a talking moose head in the queue - just the three heads on the wall in the theater. Did I miss something?

HorizonsA
03-23-2005, 02:45 PM

The WDW version is the orginal show. I'm glad that they still have the veriosn running. But DL's is (or was :mad: ) a totally different show. I loved it. It was always a tradition. We'd go on Splash Mountain, then go and see the show to dry off. And if Splash Mountain was closed, we'd go there anyway. We'd never go to Disneyland and not see the Country Bear Playhouse.

But now? I love Pooh. I grew up with it, my parents always put on videos of those classic shorts, Blustery Day, Honey Tree, Tigger Too, and I love the music. I'll admit, that ever since Splash Mountain's been closed, I have gone to Critter Country, sat on a bench by Pooh, and just listened to the music. Who doesn't like that music? But I don't actually go on it that much. I only go on it when I am with my mom or friends. I don't know why they based the entire attraction on the Blustery Day. The ride is called The MANY Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, which I thought would be based on the original movie. They are missing Winnie the Pooh and the Huney Tree and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too. If they would add scenes from those featurettes, I think it would be a lot more interesting. Instead they add a birthday scene which is NOT in any of the original features, so I don't know where they got that scene from.

I agree, they could at least put the Country Bear Playhouse in DCA by in the Grizzly Peak Recreation area. Heck, they could put the show inside the mountain if they wanted to.

animagusurreal
03-23-2005, 02:46 PM
I'd already seen the show so many times by the time it closed that don't know if I personally would go to it now. But when I was younger, it was one of my favorites, and I'd always come out of the theatre very happy singing "Thank God I'm a Country Bear".

Perhaps they could come back with a new show, or, as I once suggested, a ride. I could see some kind of nature park jeep ride where you're going out into the woods to "look for" the legendary Country Bears. Just so long as they don't try to base it on the movie (no offense to anyone who liked the movie :D )

I think I'd also be happy to see the Tokyo Disneyland version of the Pooh ride replace ours. I saw a video of it, and it seems like its the same ride, only with better effects.

DisneylandForever
03-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Another vote to bring 'em back!

I would love to see them re-claim their turf and kick Pooh out, but I also wouldn't mind them going to DCA.

And I liked the Vacation Hoedown better than the original version. The songs are a little more upbeat. Something about hearing Big Al singing "Blood on the Saddle" doesn't really get me goin'! :p

HorizonsA
03-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Perhaps they could come back with a new show, or, as I once suggested, a ride. I could see some kind of nature park jeep ride where you're going out into the woods to "look for" the legendary Country Bears. Just so long as they don't try to base it on the movie (no offense to anyone who liked the movie :D )

I disagree. I never saw the movie, but it didn't look like something I would enjoy since I thought it was going to be based in the show from Disneyland and from what I've heard, it isn't. I want to see Vacation Hoedown come back, with no new songs, no cut offs, and no new show concepts. And no ride. We want the show, not a ride.

GeminiAngel
03-23-2005, 04:42 PM
I also find that the heads in the ride are an insult to the country bears. It is like pooh has their heads on his mantle or something.

I looked and could not figure out where the heads are? :confused:

stan4d_steph
03-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Umm, I don't remember ever seeing a talking moose head in the queue - just the three heads on the wall in the theater. Did I miss something?Maybe it's the WDW version. Like I said, that's the one I remember.

TOTFan
03-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Keep Pooh!!!!

SCUBAbe
03-23-2005, 05:33 PM
I read somewhre that country bears has two theaters. the pooh ride only uses one. I figure that they could bring country bears back just using one theater...unless this information is not accuarte..

Fozzie
03-23-2005, 06:18 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say that the Disney resort hasn't really been the same since the Bears went into hibernation. I really, really hope that Matt corrects the final mistake made by the prior administration of Disneyland.

DCA would be a fantastic home to the Bears. It is in serious need of more family attractions, and the Bears would bring a much needed Disney spark to the park.

I really feel the Bears suffered from a poor location in Disneyland. If placed in a high-traffic area (like The Tiki Room), it would certainly be able to fill one theater.

Just my two cents.... :)

TrekkieDad
03-23-2005, 07:14 PM
I looked and could not figure out where the heads are? :confused:
They are behind you in the dark, just as you pass through a set of doors near (but not at) the end of the ride.

It's hard to say if I really miss the CB show, as over the years I stopped going to see it. The last few years the theater was hardly ever full. (I was never into country music, anyway.) Loved the shtick from Max, Melvin, and Buff, though.

DW is a big fan of Pooh and friends (especially Eeyore), and I'm somewhat partial to Tigger. Back in 2000 we rode the ride at WDW and found it charming, and we make a point to ride it at least once in DL.

CBJ was a good show. I just got tired of it. If it came back to DCA, I'd go see it at least once.

marktips
03-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Again - a reason for you to goto WDW.

Seriously, how many of you who claim to "love" the bears have seriously considered going to WDW to see them? Can't be that important if you're not willing to make the trek.

Missing Marbles
03-23-2005, 07:19 PM
I miss the Country Bears Christmas overlay. It really helped me get into the Christmas spirit. Count another vote for bringing them back at putting them in DCA.

HorizonsA
03-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Again - a reason for you to goto WDW.

Seriously, how many of you who claim to "love" the bears have seriously considered going to WDW to see them? Can't be that important if you're not willing to make the trek.

Um, I have gone to WDW and seen the show. But like I said before, the WDW version and the DL version are two entirely different shows. The WDW is the original show, The Country Bear Jamboree, and DL is The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown. Different songs, different music, although they are still country. So, when we say that we miss Disneyland's Country Bears, we're talking about the Vacation Hoedown show, not the original show.

marktips
03-23-2005, 07:59 PM
The Vacation Hoedown was removed from WDW because it was found by the public to be a worse show. Funny how things like that work eh?

SpacedOutCM
03-23-2005, 08:20 PM
I read somewhre that country bears has two theaters. the pooh ride only uses one. I figure that they could bring country bears back just using one theater...unless this information is not accuarte..

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh occupies the whole building...both theaters.