PDA

View Full Version : DCA Questions

Shoretown
03-20-2005, 06:15 PM
According to the Sehlinger's Unofficial Guide to Disneyland, the Hyperion Theater (where Aladdin is playing) often gives out reserved show tickets (good for any show that day) at the entrance. Does anyone know if this occurs on a daily basis, or is it only done during peak season?

Does anyone know if you are able to ride the monorail if you have a ticket for DCA (not a hopper ticket).

Thanks in advance for your help!

bradk
03-20-2005, 06:18 PM
is that the 2005 edition?

i'm not aware that tickets are given out anymore. the only use for the ticket booth is to show the times that the show is playing.

but i'm probably wrong.

DisneylandForever
03-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know if you are able to ride the monorail if you have a ticket for DCA (not a hopper ticket).

Thanks in advance for your help!

About the monorail, I doubt it. There is no DCA stop. Just Downtown Disney and Tomorrowland. They scan your ticket at the DD station, and if comes up no admission to DL, they'd probably turn you away.

Marox3
03-20-2005, 07:01 PM
If you are staying at a Resort hotel, you can request tickets for a show. You must give the time you want to attend. We did this for Aladdin and had great front section seats. You need to arrive 20 minutes before.

Wendi
03-20-2005, 07:10 PM
When I was there in November, I saw the CMs handing out preferred seating to guests. I assume it depends on how busy the parks are, maybe they were doing it as a way to fill up the theater during slower season and getting more guests to go by offering preferred seating so they wouldn't feel the need to line up and wait for a long period of time... dunno...

JeffG
03-20-2005, 08:59 PM
According to the Sehlinger's Unofficial Guide to Disneyland, the Hyperion Theater (where Aladdin is playing) often gives out reserved show tickets (good for any show that day) at the entrance. Does anyone know if this occurs on a daily basis, or is it only done during peak season?

They only do this during peak season and I don't believe they have done it at all for a while now.

No, valid admission for Disneyland is required to board the monorail. There are turnstiles at the Downtown Disney station and they have no system in place for verifying that you have park admission upon arrival at the Tomorrowland station (where, currently, all passengers are required to disembark).

-Jeff

nsyncitnd1787
03-20-2005, 09:00 PM

sory, but no. since when you get off of the monorail (which they make you get off- can't stay on for a round-trip), you are entering Disneyland. if you had a Disneyland only ticket, then you could. but you have to have either a hopper or a DL ticket to use the monorail (in or out since you will either be going in or out of DL). sory to disappoint you :(

kflo
03-20-2005, 11:06 PM
for those never seeing Aladdin and you want to make it a great experience!!! Get there about 30mins early and go to the Mezzanine section! You will have the best overall view of the performance and especially the flying carpet!!! Take it from me I used to work there, and after I placed people up in Mezzanine theyd' come back thanking me...
as far as tickets being given out, its been almost 2yrs...

bradk
03-21-2005, 09:49 AM
re: the aladdin tickets

i just checked the unofficial guide and it does in fact mention tickets that are handed out on 'busy days.'

as far as i know, that was only done when the show first opened because it was so popular and it really isn't done now. if you get there 40 mins before a show, even on a busy day, you should have no problem getting in.

there is priority seating if you can get your hands on it, but i've heard that priority seating isn't the best seating in the house. most people either like to recommend the mezzanine (for the effects) or i believe the front of the last section in the orchestra.