PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Activity (non-ride)

bksvqb _12
03-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Hello,

Me and my family will be going to disneyland for our 4th time this year on april 8th, and I've wanted to try and find somethings to do that is out of the ordinary, yet fun! We've been going to disneyland with our AP's for almost 9 years, and have our own little things we like to do, but I was wondering if theres anything that you, and your family like to do while at disneyland, that we could give a try.

bradk
03-20-2005, 05:47 PM
have you ever done a tour? the discover the magic tour might be good, particularly if your family includes small children

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/tours/detail?name=DiscovertheMagicTourPage

Hakuna Makarla
03-20-2005, 05:48 PM
my favorite no ride, its tough to be a bug, HISTA ( yes I know most of you hate this ) and I loved great moments with mr Lincoln!! I never got to see shows, maybe this time :)

Jewels
03-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Make a wish at Snow White's well

People watch on the Main Street Porch (with snacks)

Watch the fish jump behind BTMR

Sword and the Stone ceremony (depending on kids age, my niece 4 at the time thought it was the best thing in the world)

DisneylandForever
03-20-2005, 05:51 PM
It'll probably be the first time the Tiki Room is open for you this year, so you shouldn't miss that! It looks brand new and it's an awesome show. Even if you've seen it before, you have to see it now that it's all fixed up!

Rouxe1688
03-20-2005, 05:54 PM
I like to find the little areas that are tucked away, like little side roads in new orleans and any path that i've never been down before. it's cute how there are little things hidden around disneyland, like that walk through that used to be in the castle. It wasn't hidden but it took me a while to find it, i never knew it was there. but that's gone now.

keschy
03-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Billy Hill

watching the parades/fireworks

snow white's grotto

people watching

RemainSeatedPlease
03-20-2005, 06:23 PM
oo yea, a tour is good, we took the walk in walt's footsteps last trip, way fun!...I even learned some new stuff! But it's a no no if you have little kids.

daveinMN
03-20-2005, 09:35 PM
I used to really enjoy sitting with Rod Miller the piano player at Coke Corner and just listen to his music and people watch. Now that he is up on the veranda at Plaza, it might be even better. Rod is good people, and he has the most interesting people stop by to talk to him.

dave

jon80flt
03-20-2005, 10:55 PM
If you know a member... have them reserve a table for you at Club 33!

If you can't swing that, then reserve a seat on the balcony for Fantasmic! ... it's the best way to experience the show!

If you have a person celebrating thier birthday... attend the Cake Decorating party with Pat E. Cake at the Plaza Inn... very fun!

Our favorite place to eat is Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel... lot's of character interaction!

Have Fun! :fez:

bradk
03-21-2005, 03:31 AM
I used to really enjoy sitting with Rod Miller the piano player at Coke Corner and just listen to his music and people watch. Now that he is up on the veranda at Plaza, it might be even better. Rod is good people, and he has the most interesting people stop by to talk to him.

as of last update (maybe a couple of weeks ago), Rod was out due to recuperating from back surgery. not sure if he's still out or not, but i just checked fourplayerpiano.com which still states he's out.

CoasterChickie
03-21-2005, 04:05 AM
In DL, I think my favorite activity is watching Fantasmic with my family and friends. I don't mind hanging out with my family and friends waiting for the show to start because I'm usually tired from running around all day and it's a good time to talk about what everyone did that day and just connect. Plus there's the anticipation of the show about to start. Once it does, it's fantastic!!

Over in DCA, I love hanging out in the animation building. There are a lot of things to see and do in there. And again, my favorite thing is just kicking back with my family and friends awhile we watch the videos on the big screen.

oregontraveler
03-21-2005, 04:40 AM
Try the Disney Gallery, some great history and you might get a tour. I love the music groups: Billy Hill, Rod Miller, Dapper Dans & in New Orleans Square.
Same for Animation Building, Aladdin, Fantasmic, Main St. Cinema

Kat in WA
03-21-2005, 05:22 AM
Our family has discovered some "secret" places (probably not secrets at all, but places that really help promote that special atmosphere)...

* pathway by GRR by the big drop where you can watch all the kids
getting soaked on the platform

*pathway at the end of Splash so you can watch the logs come out of
the briar patch

*dock by Sailing Ship Columbia to sit and soak up the atmosphere while
eating McDonald's fries

SANDYMARIE
03-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Look for something new to eat...
Shopping is always good...
Sit somewhere in every land, and just soak it in...
Listen to the sounds at the dentist office, above the cone shop!
Take pictures of things you might not of thought of before...
Do a silhouette, If you haven't yet...
TTFN :)

bksvqb _12
03-21-2005, 12:10 PM
So I have currently:
1.Discover the magic tour
2.Make a wish at Snow White's well
3.People watch on the Main Street Porch (with snacks)
4.Watch the fish jump behind BTMR
5.Sword and the Stone ceremony
6.Snow white's grotto
7.Balcony for Fantasmic!
8.Disney Gallery
9.Aladdin
10.Main St. Cinema
11.Watch all the kids getting soaked on the platform
12.Do a silhouette
13.…

Any more suggestions?

sdfilmcritic
03-21-2005, 12:13 PM
People watch is the easiest answer for me. All the is required is a comfortable spot in the park with a great view of a crowd or access way where people walk by. Then start watching away!

disney jones
03-21-2005, 12:16 PM
go collecting pressed pennies. there are several threads about this on this site.

we made it a theme in February and came away with a lot of great memories and inexpensive treasures.

mystycalchyk
03-21-2005, 12:19 PM
You forgot the Tiki Room ;) DisneylandForever mentioned it already but I have to put in another vote for it since you left it off your list :)

disneyhound
03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
...Any more suggestions?
Pilot Certificate for the Mark Twain, It's kinda not a ride when you're working.

Chadsgal
03-21-2005, 01:43 PM
FANTASMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Walking down mainstreet
Posing for pictures :)

Terri
03-21-2005, 02:01 PM
This may sound a little lame...but there's a bench over on the back of Tom Sawyers Island where you can sit and watch the prairie dogs pop up and down on the old mine cars. While you're sitting there, you can also watch whatever happens by on the Rivers of America (canoes, etc). It's very peaceful. It's like a little hidey hole for me when I'm tired and my DS is going a mile a minute. I can sit and dream and he can run til he drops! You can still hear Disneyland from there...it's so nice...I wish I were there right now... ;)

HorizonsA
03-21-2005, 02:06 PM
my favorite no ride, its tough to be a bug, HISTA ( yes I know most of you hate this ) and I loved great moments with mr Lincoln!! I never got to see shows, maybe this time :)

I think the original poster meant non-ride as in non attraction.

I love to sit in that little corner where you can see Splash Mountain logs come out. It's just beyond where the Columbia usually docks. That's the best place, especially at night to just sit and relax without so much noise. Of course, rude people have to go there to smoke when that place is NOT a smoking area. :rolleyes:

Mooshu
03-21-2005, 06:54 PM
I like to watch all the fish by Thunder Mountain and the McDonald's Fry cart. There's shade and everyone usually just walks by, becuase it's a pathway between Fantasy Land and Frontier Land.

OR

Sit on the porch on Main Street while I'm drinking coffee or eating an afternoon snack. (Another nice shadded area)

SCUBAbe
03-21-2005, 07:43 PM
I think the original poster meant non-ride as in non attraction.

I love to sit in that little corner where you can see Splash Mountain logs come out. It's just beyond where the Columbia usually docks. That's the best place, especially at night to just sit and relax without so much noise. Of course, rude people have to go there to smoke when that place is NOT a smoking area. :rolleyes:

it's also a teen make out spot..:)..I was sitting there one night and got a lot of dissapointed looks from teens who would walk in and then leave...LOL