PDA

View Full Version : Desert Palms Hotel and Suites

rentayenta
03-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi. Has anyone stayed here? How was it? I found a great deal on Getawaytoday for a Kid's Suite. My friend who works at Getawaytoday says it's really nice for an off property hotel and either new or remodeled (I don't remember).

Muchas gracias!

P.S. This is not the Desert Inn. :)

jenndisney
03-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Here is a copy of what I posted in the review section on this website....

We stayed here for 5 nights and it was wonderful. Our room was very clean and gave the three of us (2 adults and 1 child) more than enough room. We had a king suite with whirlpool tub. That tub was wonderful after a day at the park. We got a rate of $105 per night for the room. Our 8 year old daughter slept on the hidabed in the living room area. (Mom and Dad loved being able to close the door and have some time and space to ourselves.)

The pool and restaurants were nice to have right on site. The pool was not large, but for a quick dip it was just fine.

Each morning we would walk about two blocks to the Parking lot and catch the Disney tram to the park. It was nice not having to pay for parking at the park.

We did not take part in the breakfast because we are not breakfast people. The parking is very limited, so when you find a spot, you do not want to move your car.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped to spead a bit of magic our last day. I had left 9 postcards on the table that were all made out, but needed postage. I forgot to pick them up on our way out. We realized it after we left the LA area. I called the front desk and was told not to worry, that they had mailed them for me.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to everyone. We really enjoyed it.

I hope this is helpful. As you can see, we would stay there again. Maybe next year (but don't tell my husband)

DisneylandForever
03-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Another one my cousin and I have stayed at. It is a pretty nice place. It is remodeled, not new. It is on Katella nestled between 7/11 and The Alpine Inn. Personally I prefer to stay a bit closer, but if I found a great deal like you did Renta I would totally stay there again.

CoasterChickie
03-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Renta...it looks like a really nice place from the pictures!!!! :) And did you notice they have karaoke there? :fez:

DisneylandForever
03-20-2005, 05:47 PM
And did you notice they have karaoke there? :fez:

Uh-oh.

Karaoke + Chickie = trouble.

CC, you would have loved the Neon Cactus!

rentayenta
03-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks jenndisney! It is just such a great deal. This trip is going to co$t me and arm and a leg so if I could get a nice hotel for a little $, it would be helpful. :)

DLF, is it nice like HoJo nice or Penny Sleeper nice? ;) And do I have to jump any fences?

CC, I hope you like it as you will be with me. :D

DisneylandForever
03-20-2005, 06:03 PM
DLF, is it nice like HoJo nice or Penny Sleeper nice? ;) And do I have to jump any fences?

LOL!

I said I've stayed at the Penny Sleeper. Never said it was nice! ;)

Desert Palm is closer to, although not quite par with, the HoJo when it comes to quality. And right next to 7/11! Be prepared to refuse the kids their late night slurpees or you'll never get any sleep!

rentayenta
03-20-2005, 06:23 PM
LOL!

I said I've stayed at the Penny Sleeper. Never said it was nice! ;)

Desert Palm is closer to, although not quite par with, the HoJo when it comes to quality. And right next to 7/11! Be prepared to refuse the kids their late night slurpees or you'll never get any sleep!

It looks nicer than the HoJo.

How can I say no to slurpees. Remember, I have to make it up to them for not taking them on this trip. Or, maybe they should be thanking me.

It's gonna be loverly watching Christiii push a stroller. And no cussing allowed!

JosieGirl71
03-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Renta + Christiii + stroller = T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!!!

CoasterChickie
03-20-2005, 07:18 PM

You have no idea how true that is!!!! ;)

If my feet get tired , I wonder if they'll push me in the stroller!! :p

rentayenta
03-20-2005, 07:25 PM

Hey, wait a minute missy, I push a stroller all of the time. ;) You have a few Bloody Marys and get silly at Disneyland and they take your mommy card away.

JosieGirl71
03-20-2005, 07:33 PM

Only if you're feet are tired from too many bloody marys, margueritas (fill in the blank)!

I have the feeling it would be more like you pushing them! :p

JosieGirl71
03-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey, wait a minute missy, I push a stroller all of the time. ;) You have a few Bloody Marys and get silly at Disneyland and they take your mommy card away.
It sounds like you were quite the mommy even with a few bloody marys! ;)

rentayenta
03-20-2005, 07:40 PM
It sounds like you were quite the mommy even with a few bloody marys! ;)

Good point! ;)

rentayenta
03-21-2005, 06:52 AM

Big girl stollers are called wheelchairs CC.

stan4d_steph
03-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Here is a link to the MousePlanet review section for Desert Palm Inn and Suites (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrdesertpalminnandsuites).

CoasterChickie
03-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Oh yeah!

In that case if my feet get tired will you push me around in a wheelchair? :)

Or give me a piggy back ride? :fez:

So, what song are you gonna sing when we do karaoke at the hotel? :D

rentayenta
03-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Here is a link to the MousePlanet review section for Desert Palm Inn and Suites (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrdesertpalminnandsuites).

Thanks Steph. It looks like all of the bad reviews were before the remodel. :)

DisneylandForever
03-21-2005, 01:15 PM
It looks nicer than the HoJo.

How can I say no to slurpees. Remember, I have to make it up to them for not taking them on this trip. Or, maybe they should be thanking me.

It's gonna be loverly watching Christiii push a stroller. And no cussing allowed!

Some of their rooms may look nicer, but the staff at the HoJo is friendlier, and the grounds are way better.

Saying yes to slurpees is fine, but saying yes to slurpees at night when you're coming back from DL? Ooh, late night sugar rush. I am not a parent, but I have babysat my nieces several times. Good luck, Renta! :p

Cat H
03-21-2005, 02:58 PM
I have stayed at this motel three times. Once before the remodel and twice after. Much better after the remodel. The last time I stayed was August 2003 so it has been awhile. I have stayed in both the standard two queen room and the parlor suite. Both were ok for what you pay. They were clean and had a fridge. The pool is small and in the corner of a parking lot but it was clean. When you exit the motel if your turn right and walk about a block or so you will come to the Disneyland Timone parking lot where you can catch the parking lot tram so it is not too bad of a walk to the park. The only problem I did encounter was during my last stay. I reserved the parlor suite and they had me down for a standard room. They were a little unfriendly about it and did not want to give me a suite until I showed them my copy of the confirmation that they sent me showing I reserved a suite. They served a small continental breakfast consisting of juice, cereal and toast. About the same breakfast that I have encounterd at other motels around the disneyland area.