PDA

View Full Version : Awesome face character

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Last Thursday, the 17th, my boys had the pleasure of meeting Mary Poppins. I had to laugh at how this all started. We were sitting in the Carnation Plaza eating our lunch and I saw Woody and Jessie from Toy Story across Main Street. I grabbed my 3 1/2 yo and we took off to get their autographs and photos. I left my 1 1/2 yo with my 17yo stepson. My husband had run off to get nachos and he said when he returned I was gone but there sat Mary Poppins with my stepson and my baby! He, my DH, had NO CLUE who she was until she introduced herself. When I returned, she was standing near our table signing autographs of other guests. So I had my oldest get in line to get her autograph and for a photo. She was totally in character. She had the perfect accent, her mannerisms, her words, she was amazing. Posing for the photo, she told my little guy, chin up for me please.
Anyway, I am writing a letter to Disneyland about her, she was just incredible!

disneyperson
03-20-2005, 12:38 PM
What a great experience for you! We met the Evil queen last weekend and she was also amazing. She had to walk a thin line between being in character but still acesable to the kids. She did a great job. The banter going on between her and the CM with her was a hoot. She had it down, voice, mannerisms,and she was a knock-out! (just between us, she was prettier than the Snow White that day)

kristen
03-20-2005, 01:18 PM
That is wonderful! When i was littler and my dad's company got us into the new toontown before the park opened, a couple characters were walking around. I can't believe it but Goofyu came up to my brother and i and started some one on one playing...he was doing all kinds of hand stuff and tried on my jacket, trying to make me laugh, he must have spent ten minutes with us!! There was almost no one there, but he certainly didn't have to do that!! It was soooo sweet and well done. I feel horrible though, cause when i was little, i was scared of characters -- cause for some reason i knew they weren't real and i half resented that and half was scared about who was actually under the costume, so i never laughed or really played back with him! *tear* now im kicking myself and i wish out of my mind that i could thank whoever it was that did that for my brother and me! Oh well,, imsure they made other kids smile and that they were used to kids like me...

03-20-2005, 01:48 PM
In October, we saw Mary and Burt on the carousel.

Mary made such an impression on my 12 year-old that she was Mary Poppins for Halloween.