PDA

View Full Version : What do you usually spend on food and such for one in the park?

Hakuna Makarla
03-20-2005, 10:47 AM
I am going alone, and wanted to know what some of you spend for a great weekend and do things you never do . I am going to several nice resturants, rainforest, blue byou, ariels, and I believe I will do PCH morning buffet. I was wondering what the average spending would be to really live it up.

03-20-2005, 10:58 AM
I was wondering what the average spending would be to really live it up.

I'd budget $60/day for food and know that I wouldn't spend it all.

Hakuna Makarla
03-20-2005, 11:07 AM
really? Iwas thining more like 100.00 and spending more LOL! I am not sure what the blu byou costs, also we are doing areil on Saturday or sunday ( I got to seek coaster on this one) we are going to the rain forest ( if we can get down there ) and well snacks :)

SCUBAbe
03-20-2005, 11:11 AM
If I'm just going by meself I would spend less than $25.00 a day on food. Lst saturday we ate at the blue bayou at 11:30am. I was not hungry for the rest of the day. That was $14.99 with tax and tip I'll say $20.00. latwe that day my mother wanted ice cream. I had one with her, but only had a couple of bites. I threw most of it away. That was $5.49. Most of the time my meals are under $10.00 though and I do not have ice cream on every trip. :)

rentayenta
03-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Karla, it depends on what and where you eat. Some days Christiii and I spent hardly anything because we just ate junk all day (pickles, cotton candy, popcorn). You can really spend as little or as much as you want. You don't drink alcohol so even with a character meal or a meal from the Blue Bayou, I'd say $75 a day tops. On the days you aren't doing a big sit down, it could be as low as $20.

Wendi
03-20-2005, 12:33 PM
I'd say $60-100... but that all depends on how many margaritas you're having, Karla!!! I think at most of the nice restaurants you'll spend about $20-30 per meal, but if you go somewhere more upscale, you'll certainly spend more. I don't usually buy appetizers and drinks, so I'm pretty cheap!!! hehehe

BooBooFett
03-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I'd say $60-100... but that all depends on how many margaritas you're having, Karla!!!

Margaritas! Shoot - I've clearly been doing Disneyland all wrong!!! :)

I'd say to budget $100 per day if you're doing Blue Bayou, Ariel's, etc. (and GOOD FOR YOU by the way! Live it up!!!) You probably will spend a bit less than that in reality.

You won't spend more than $25 for a character breakfast or for character lunch at Ariel's or lunch at Blue Bayou. You can spend a bit more for dinner at Blue Bayou (entree with soup or salad won't run more than $25, but if you have dessert, coffee it can top $25.) They have a really yummy baked apple dessert - it's a whole apple in caramel sauce, baked in a pastry shell. Sleeping Beauty herself couldn't have resisted this apple!

If you want a mid afternoon pick-me-up, I highly recommend an ice blended mocha from the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Steet! Skip their cinammon rolls though (dry). Better bakery items are at La Brea Bakery, between the two parks - they also have ice blended coffee.

There's also the Fantasmic balcony seating and dessert buffet at the Disney Gallery.

Best deal, imho, are those $6 giant smoked turkey legs! Plus, you can bop people over the head with it if they try to cut in line ahead of you! ;)

Hakuna Makarla
03-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Margaritas! Shoot - I've clearly been doing Disneyland all wrong!!! :)
I have to do one margarita. I crave one pretty bad even though I do not drink. I do not think one will hurt me do you :)

I'd say to budget $100 per day if you're doing Blue Bayou, Ariel's, etc. (and GOOD FOR YOU by the way! Live it up!!!) You probably will spend a bit less than that in reality.
I did budget 100.00 I want to really experience fun with out guilt for one time in my life!

You won't spend more than $25 for a character breakfast or for character lunch at Ariel's or lunch at Blue Bayou. You can spend a bit more for dinner at Blue Bayou (entree with soup or salad won't run more than $25, but if you have dessert, coffee it can top $25.) They have a really yummy baked apple dessert - it's a whole apple in caramel sauce, baked in a pastry shell. Sleeping Beauty herself couldn't have resisted this apple!
oh man I just added this apple to my list! yum!!!!! thanks for the heads up on this one!!

If you want a mid afternoon pick-me-up, I highly recommend an ice blended mocha from the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Steet! Skip their cinammon rolls though (dry). Better bakery items are at La Brea Bakery, between the two parks - they also have ice blended coffee.
ok, i got to make sure chickie shows me where this is, with staying out so late ( park is open til midnight while I am there :) ) I better have a few of these :) I will need all the boost I can get.
There's also the Fantasmic balcony seating and dessert buffet at the Disney Gallery.
I think I am to late for this, I am leaving in 11 days :)

Best deal, imho, are those $6 giant smoked turkey legs! Plus, you can bop people over the head with it if they try to cut in line ahead of you! ;)

LOL! yep they sure look good ( especially when renta is chomping on it , she made it look huge and tasty ZOL!

Thanks for the great tips and the nice words, I am going to live! live! live !( rosalind russell said )

DisneylandForever
03-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Hi Karla!

I eat a lot, so I might not be the best example. But it is expensive there! Even chicken fingers fries and a water is around 10 bucks. And just walking by the vendor carts I noticed a hot dog and chips is almost 8 bucks! Regular restaurants for dinner can run 20 bucks per plate and up. The Blue Bayou is expensive at dinner, so do lunch. Same atmosphere, cheaper food! ;)

And you'll be with Chickie most of the time, right? She has a Premium Pass, so she saves 10% (15% at the BB) at most of the sit-down eateries. So carry cash and take advantage!

Hope I don't get in trouble for suggesting that :eek:

Hakuna Makarla
03-20-2005, 06:03 PM
LOL! ok CC )))))))) I need to see you for a discount ))))))))) :)
Good advice DLF !
I thought sit down might be nice since fast food I can get any where, but trying bBB for one time will make me happy and if I never go back I can answer the question, "id you like the BB ")