PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite restaurants at DL resort...

Pages : [1] 2

I Heart Disneyland!
03-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Hello all! We are heading to DL in a month and a half (picture me doing the happy Snoopy dance) and with all of our talk of corn dogs, churros, popcorn, etc. I also wanted to get some recommendations of other restaurants in the resort, and which particular items do you die for at that restaurant?? We don't venture out to Downtown Disney, and never to the hotels for food. So, please fire away with your food must haves for me and hubby! :)

03-20-2005, 06:20 AM
Everyone seems to agree that Napa Rose has a very nice ambience and the food is wonderful. Although the service was on the sloppy side the one time I dined there, I've never heard other complaints about the service. I would absolutely eat at Napa Rose again and again.

Rouxe1688
03-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Rancho del Zocalo is an excellent mexican restaurant. the portions were huge last i was there, i shared a plate with my mom and still had leftovers.

soulctcher
03-20-2005, 07:12 AM
I HIGHLY recommend the Napa Rose. It's definitley on the pricey side, but the food and service is well worth it.

(Though I am biased...I popped the question at the Napa.)

Captain Josh
03-20-2005, 07:13 AM
Plaza Inn, out on the patio, at 9:25pm on a summer's night, as you get into your meal, fireworks start going off.

Crazy4DL
03-20-2005, 07:17 AM
Plaza Inn, out on the patio, at 9:25pm on a summer's night, as you get into your meal, fireworks start going off.

that sounds wonderful - we will have to do that one in August when we are there!

03-20-2005, 07:32 AM

*sigh* This brings back memories of Count Basie's band at the Plaza Inn, 1968ish.

rentayenta
03-20-2005, 07:48 AM
I ate at the Carnation Cafe for the first time this past trip. The food and company were both excellent. The prices were fair which is saying a lot.

Have fun!

Wendi
03-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Blue Bayou is a must for lunch, at least for the atmosphere, the food is good too!

You really should venture down to DTD or the hotels though, you are missing out on the really good restaurants if you don't. If you are willing to go out of the parks this time, I highly recommend Yamabuki inside Paradise Pier hotel, it's sooooo good!!!

wabby1
03-20-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm with Wendi....Blue Bayou gets my vote. You can call in advance and make reservations there, which I would recommend you do. And request a waterfront table...

crazi4dlr
03-20-2005, 09:40 AM
The French Market in NOS. Absolutely my favorite from when I was a kid. They play jazz over the speakers and you sit and watch the train roll in and out of NOS station. Also the patio is covered and it's a great way to spend a lunch. The fried chicken is wonderful and the bbq pork sandwich with cole slaw. And of course, despite all the critics, a mint julep.

Also the little place next to Ralph Brennan's in DTD. Great gumbo and benoits. Enjoy your trip and eat well. :p

Opus1guy
03-20-2005, 09:46 AM
The French Market in NOS. Absolutely my favorite from when I was a kid. They play jazz over the speakers and you sit and watch the train roll in and out of NOS station. Also the patio is covered and it's a great way to spend a lunch. The fried chicken is wonderful and the bbq pork sandwich with cole slaw.

This is my favorite public restaurant in Disneyland too.

But of course my absolute favorite restaurant is just upstairs. ;)

cstephens
03-20-2005, 09:58 AM
[broken record]Catal in Downtown Disney and Napa Rose at the Grand Californian.[/broken record]

HorizonsA
03-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Blue Bayou for lunch, irresistable Monte Cristo Sandwich.
If trying to save money, Hungry Bear Restaurant, feeding ducks, plus delicious burgers

Rancho Del Zocolo for dinner, delicious Taco Salad.
Redd Rocket's Pizza Port.

Marox3
03-20-2005, 10:08 AM
We haven't tried Napa Rose - yet.
We like Catal and Grandville's at the hotels.
At Disneyland - Plaza Inn and Rancho del Zocalo
At DCA - the Italian restuarants have been disappointing.

cstephens
03-20-2005, 10:30 AM
At DCA - the Italian restuarants have been disappointing.

Isn't there only one Italian restaurant at DCA - Wine Country Trattoria? Or are you including The Vineyard Room? That's not really an Italian restaurant, and we've enjoyed our dinners there, though I wish they'd stick to changing the menu every season. They've had the current menu for what must be almost a year now.

Maus
03-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Heart, my daughter and I love Ariel's Grotto at DCA. We also enjoy the apple-chicken salad at Pacific Wharf Cafe. In Disneyland we are partial to Rancho del Zocalo and the chowder-in-a-sourdough bowl at Cafe Orleans.

Hope you read the restaurant reviews here on MousePlanet. Everyone's got an opinion and they're all different!

JeffG
03-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Isn't there only one Italian restaurant at DCA - Wine Country Trattoria?

I suppose if you kind of stretched the definition, you could call Pizza Ooh Mow Mow an Italian restaurant...

-Jeff

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-20-2005, 12:49 PM
On the cheaper side, we liked Pizza Port. The garlic bread, aka faccia (spelling?) bread, is delicious.
We also liked Rancho, large portions.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-20-2005, 01:09 PM
[broken record]Catal in Downtown Disney and Napa Rose at the Grand Californian.[/broken record]

Actual, not a broken record, because I had no clue where to find Napa Rose...now I know. Thanks! :)

We've been do DL a zillion times, it's just that there's a lot of food that we've not tried, and this time I'd like to have something besides Bengal BBQ (which I love), corndogs and Blue Bayou. :) (And a bread bowl with chowder..yum, yum!)

MrsG
03-20-2005, 02:44 PM
River Belle for breakfast. Mickey pancakes. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon... River Belle for BBQ chicken was good too.

And I'll second the vote for Carnation. A relaxing place to have a sit-down meal and people watch on Main Street.

adriennek
03-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Napa. Rose.

Adrienne.

cstephens
03-20-2005, 09:47 PM
I suppose if you kind of stretched the definition, you could call Pizza Ooh Mow Mow an Italian restaurant...

-Jeff

So Italian restaurants serve cardboard?

alora
03-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Hello all! We are heading to DL in a month and a half (picture me doing the happy Snoopy dance) and with all of our talk of corn dogs, churros, popcorn, etc. I also wanted to get some recommendations of other restaurants in the resort, and which particular items do you die for at that restaurant?? We don't venture out to Downtown Disney, and never to the hotels for food. So, please fire away with your food must haves for me and hubby! :)
Not sure if you meant just Disneyland, or California Adventure included as well. But, there's a pizza restaurant called the "Oom Mow Mow" on Paradise Pier in California Adventure Park...the pizza is to die for! (IMO). I just love it!

stinkerbell
03-21-2005, 08:56 AM
We loved Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand Californian. Mmmmmm.....mouth is watering......