PDA

View Full Version : Our brick is in!

BQ2
03-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Our DLR brick has been installed :cool: We orderded it back in Nov. They said it would be installed from Jan to Feb. We checked it in March and there it was :D. For those of you waiting. Keep the faith. P.S. We couldn't be happier with the placement!

I Heart Disneyland!
03-19-2005, 03:16 PM
P.S. We couldn't be happier with the placement!

Where is it???

disneyperson
03-19-2005, 03:16 PM
awww, that's such a cute photo. I can't wait to see ours.

ima_mickeyfan
03-19-2005, 03:21 PM
can we still order bricks?

I Heart Disneyland!
03-19-2005, 03:24 PM
can we still order bricks?

Yes you can. I just emailed DL a couple of weeks ago and they sent me the packet. :)

ima_mickeyfan
03-19-2005, 03:29 PM
do you have the web address? who do I contact?
thanks

BQ2
03-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Where is it???
Hi I Heart!
I'm trying to post a link for a better picture right now. The block is C56 it is two blocks (squares) south west of the compass in the center. BQ

KarenW2
03-19-2005, 04:13 PM
So glad to hear your brick has been installed! We ordered ours back in December, before the PAP discount deadline and tho we got our packet of info in the mail, we STILL haven't received our oak brick replica yet and it still hasn't been installed, tho it was supposed to have been done in February!

Did you get the 50th birthday medallion on yours or another kind? We got the 50th birthday one, so we thought they'd do those soon, since the birthday stuff has already started selling.

Our brick is in the C24 section. I wonder what order, if any, they're doing them in, since you said yours was C56 and I know others have posted pics of theirs in the C18 group!

BQ2
03-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Here is a link to pictures of our new brick :)

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANmbNy0bsnDi4

I Heart Disneyland!
03-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Here is a link to pictures of our new brick :)

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANmbNy0bsnDi4

Very cool!!!! And your little guy is too cute posing with it! :)

BQ2
03-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Did you get the 50th birthday medallion on yours or another kind?

We did not know about our choices because we ordered over the phone. We went for the classic mickey mouse shape.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
03-20-2005, 08:39 PM
How fun! And what a darling picture. Our brick should be installed in June, I think. I haven't told anyone that I ordered it--I want to surprise the family on our next trip. Can't wait to see DDs faces when they see their names.

SoCalDude
03-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Our brick is in the C24 section. I wonder what order, if any, they're doing them in, since you said yours was C56 and I know others have posted pics of theirs in the C18 group!
Ours is in the C18 area and we were there this past Monday and there were no bricks in the section. I saw this post and was excited to see our brick, lol. Guess we will have to keep checking back.

KarenW2
03-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Well, I've been really, really patient and waited more than the "couple of weeks" the delivears person on the phone said to wait to get my brick replica, so I called again yesterday. This time, the CM who answered was totally shocked that we hadn't received our brick replica yet!! She looked it up, verified my info & said it had been manufactured on 3-3 and that we should've had it by now definitely. She said she would put in an "inquiry report", whatever that is, and that someone would get back to us within 72 working hours. We'll see what happens. She also said that it would be coming in the mail, but what I've read here said people have gotten their replicas via UPS. Twice today, within 5 mins of each other, a UPS truck passed our house, but neither time did they stop here! :(

She also looked up the real brick installation part of our order and said that it looks like our brick installation is on the schedule for "April". She couldn't tell me when in April, just April. Kind of surprising, since the letter we received said it would be in February, but she said they're really behind with the installations. I would say they're really behind with the brick replica delivery as well!!

BQ2
03-24-2005, 05:30 AM
Well, I've been really, really patient and waited more than the "couple of weeks" the delivears person on the phone said to wait

Keep the faith Karen! It is worth the wait ;) Bill

LibertyCall
03-24-2005, 05:40 AM
I want one! What's the web addy so I can oder one? Please. :D

yellowrosedtxn
03-24-2005, 07:40 AM
I am with you, I would like to know how to buy one. Thanks to anyone that can provide that.

BQ2
03-24-2005, 02:59 PM
I am with you, I would like to know how to buy one. Thanks to anyone that can provide that.

check out this link http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=39088&highlight=brick

BQ

Spazz
03-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Well, I've been really, really patient and waited more than the "couple of weeks" the delivears person on the phone said to wait to get my brick replica, so I called again yesterday. This time, the CM who answered was totally shocked that we hadn't received our brick replica yet!! She looked it up, verified my info & said it had been manufactured on 3-3 and that we should've had it by now definitely. She said she would put in an "inquiry report", whatever that is, and that someone would get back to us within 72 working hours. We'll see what happens. She also said that it would be coming in the mail, but what I've read here said people have gotten their replicas via UPS. Twice today, within 5 mins of each other, a UPS truck passed our house, but neither time did they stop here! :(

She also looked up the real brick installation part of our order and said that it looks like our brick installation is on the schedule for "April". She couldn't tell me when in April, just April. Kind of surprising, since the letter we received said it would be in February, but she said they're really behind with the installations. I would say they're really behind with the brick replica delivery as well!!

I received my brick packet as well and we still haven't received our replicas either. I was beginning to wonder what was going on. I ordered mine on December 30, 2004 and we got the 50th logo. I think I will call Delivears and see if they shipped mine yet. Maybe mine got lost with yours, Karen.

Karen H

KarenW2
03-25-2005, 11:34 AM
The UPS guy just rang our doorbell and left me a small box. It was much smaller than I expected it to be, but it's our BRICK REPLICA!!! The box shipping label is dated 3-24-05 at 19:39 (7:39 pm), so it looks like it was done after I called!

There was one label on top of another and with careful peeling off, the first label had my name, PHONE NUMBER, then only 3 digits of my house number. Otherwise, the rest of the label was correct. It also has some illegible notes written on it, with 10:48 and 3/24, so maybe this is why it was late? Our street is a small/short pseudo-cul-de-sac street and the only one by this name in the city, so they could've easily found our house without the 4th number. Oh well, it's here now.

The wood is very dark, so you have to hold it at a slant to read it, but it looks like a miniature brick with a little stand. The 50th medallion is a little off the centered angle tho. Has anyone needed to get the medallion out, to turn theirs a bit and put it back in? I don't want to ruin this, in case the thing is glued in with super glue.

So now all they need to do is install the real-size brick! If you haven't received your brick replica yet, I advise you to call Delivears now!!

BQ2
03-25-2005, 12:54 PM
It's our BRICK REPLICA!!! The wood is very dark, so you have to hold it at a slant to read it, but it looks like a miniature brick with a little stand.

Good News :)
Our mini brick is dark too! Oh well, It's nice to have. I can't wait hear about when yours will be installed. Remember they never informed us that it was done. We just kept looking! It was so much fun trying to find it, not really knowing it was there. looking and looking and bam there it was :D

Worth the wait!!!

Earkid
03-25-2005, 01:34 PM
The wood is very dark, so you have to hold it at a slant to read it, but it looks like a miniature brick with a little stand. The 50th medallion is a little off the centered angle tho. Has anyone needed to get the medallion out, to turn theirs a bit and put it back in? I don't want to ruin this, in case the thing is glued in with super glue.That is why we got the acrylic replica. We have it in a display case that is back lit and we like to look at it with the light shining thru it.

Because it is acrylic we can see how the medallion is secured from behind. It is glued in with a huge hunk of glue. Our medallion is just ever so slightly off kilter but not enough to worry about. It looks like some of the glue squeezed out and when they cleaned it off it marred the clear acrylic in one spot. DH only noticed it when I pointed it out. He called me obsessive :eek: so I don't bring it up anymore (and I don't really notice it anymore either). :D

mcow1
03-27-2005, 09:55 AM
We just ordered ours yesterday during a quick trip to DL. They said it would be in around October! We went with the acrylic also, a friend has one and it looks pretty good. We were still able to get the 50th medallion in ours so we went with that and are having it put in the AP area which is right in front of what they called the "flood gates" which appears to be the center of the DL main gate.

SoCalDude
03-27-2005, 10:17 AM
The wood is very dark, so you have to hold it at a slant to read it, but it looks like a miniature brick with a little stand. The 50th medallion is a little off the centered angle tho. Has anyone needed to get the medallion out, to turn theirs a bit and put it back in? I don't want to ruin this, in case the thing is glued in with super glue.

I would call them back and see about getting a new one. We got the wood one also and the wood is not dark at all and the medallion is lined up perfect.