PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Zone MVP Club

Pages : [1] 2

bradk
03-19-2005, 02:09 PM
i have got to read mousesavers.com at the rate of 1 word per minute sometime just to make sure i don't miss anything like this little gem.

so if you go to http://www.mvpclub.espnzone.com and sign up for FREE, they send you an email which you can take to any ESPN Zone and they GIVE you a $20 voucher for food & merchandise + a 40 point gamecard (worth about $10, give or take) + a mini cooler.

so the only real downside is that it can take up to 30 minutes to claim your stuff once you get there (which makes me wonder if you can claim it at a local ESPN Zone and then use it at DTD).

anyone have any experience with this? just sounds a little too good to be true.

CrazyTrain
03-19-2005, 06:31 PM
It says you can... To redeem your perks, just bring your welcome email and valid photo identification into the nearest Zone.

bradk
03-19-2005, 06:44 PM
yeah but that's cuz the club is meant for any espn zone. i was just wondering if the voucher was good right for whatever zone you went to. like it was just a credit ended at the end of the meal or whatever or if they just give you a gift certificate that you can use at any other zone. cuz if it takes half an hour to do, if i wanna use it at disney (cuz heck, free dinner), i'd save a lot of time by going to the one in nyc and exchanging it all and then taking it to disney. but i don't wanna waste it if i can't do that.

CrazyTrain
03-19-2005, 07:11 PM
The way it's worded, the whole 30 minute thing, makes it seem like you can do that... stop in and pick it all up. They're talking about picking up and releasing the perks, so that makes me think so too...

Oh wait, is this what you mean?
Your $20 voucher can be redeemed at any Zone, even if it is not the city you signed up to receive information from.

Just be sure that you get the stuff before you expiration date!

bradk
03-19-2005, 07:16 PM
yeah i'm referring to that voucher, but i think what that line means specifically is that when you join the club, you specify which zone you want email updates on, but you can just go to any zone to collect. i think i'll just call them. i was just wondering if anyone's taken advantage of it before and if there's something i'm missing.. cuz they're basically giving you $30 just to go to their restaurant. which i guess doesn't mean much for a large family, but it'd do just fine by me.

Hakuna Makarla
03-19-2005, 07:22 PM
it takes 30 minutes to get it? what is it one of those questionaire sites? I would go there but do not want to answer any questions.:)

bradk
03-19-2005, 07:28 PM
no, the 30 mins is how long it could take when you're actually at the restaurant to get your stuff.

i'm sure it only takes a couple of minutes online. and then you get the email within 24 hours. and then you have 30 days to take it to an espn zone and get your stuff.

Hakuna Makarla
03-19-2005, 07:29 PM
I wonder what the catch is, why join and get all this free stuff. I am leary of free
there is always a catch. Have you done this yet brad? let me know ok and what may be the catch.

bradk
03-19-2005, 07:32 PM
no, i haven't. that's why i posted. i was wondering if anyone else had. i'll probably give it a shot, but not for another 31 days or so :)

Pascomom
03-19-2005, 10:41 PM
no, i haven't. that's why i posted. i was wondering if anyone else had. i'll probably give it a shot, but not for another 31 days or so :)

Well, I took the plunge for you all. ESPN is on of our favorite stops when visiting CA. So, after entering all of the info they ask for such as name, address, ss number, (not really, no ss number, it's late and I'm tired) etc., they send an e-mail with an auth code, which came very fast, within 5 minutes. You have to print out and take the e-mail with you with photo id. The only down side I can see so far that I didn't see before registering is a three-month trial subscribtion to the ESPN Mag and 60-day ESPN Insider (what ever that is) is listed along with the $20 vouncer, 40-point card and mini-cooler. But, at the end of the e-mail it says: To receive your free trial of ESPN Insider and ESPN The Magazine, click here. I don't want any subscriptions, but to late now. If one comes in the mail I will surely cancel ASAP. I'll report on how it all turns out. ;)

bradk
03-19-2005, 10:44 PM
you didn't have to give a credit card or anything, right? like for the magazine trial thing.

Pascomom
03-19-2005, 10:48 PM
you didn't have to give a credit card or anything, right? like for the magazine trial thing.

No. Name, address, phone #, e-mail address, age.

bradk
03-19-2005, 10:56 PM
nice, thanks. i still don't get it. they must be desperate for people to go. it's probably close to $50 total

Pascomom
03-19-2005, 11:27 PM
nice, thanks. i still don't get it. they must be desperate for people to go. it's probably close to $50 total

By the way Bradk, thanks for the info. Hopefully this is what it says and all will be good! ;)

Crazy4DL
03-20-2005, 06:33 AM
Well, I took the plunge for you all.

I'll report on how it all turns out. ;)

Yes, please let us all know on this one. My family was planning on the ESPN Zone at least once while we are there - not going until August and I see the email they send you will only be valid for 30 days so I will wait - which is nice because you will have gone and will be able to let us know if all went well ;)

Thank you in advance :)

experiment626
03-20-2005, 01:45 PM
I love free and plan on doing this when we go in July. I will also have my parents sign up too, since they are going with us. Free Dinner, free fun. I love free.

CrazyTrain
03-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Well, I'd signed up and didn't realize either that you were subscribed to a free trial of the magazine (sports, yay :rolleyes: ) but since there's no CC info given, it's not that big of a deal.

I'm going to turn it in in a few weeks. We'll see what happens!

timl33
03-21-2005, 12:42 PM
The only down side I can see so far that I didn't see before registering is a three-month trial subscribtion to the ESPN Mag and 60-day ESPN Insider (what ever that is)

ESPN Insider is the espn.com premium content. If you're a die-hard sports fan, this gets you added info and stuff.

EandCDad
03-21-2005, 05:13 PM

This looks like a good deal, thanks for directing our attention to this.

Except for the $20 meal voucher, the rest of the stuff seems like the basic crapola you might get for joining any sort of affinity club (like at a movie theater) or subscribing to a magazine ("sign up for Sports Illustrated and get a free Kobe bobble-head doll and this pen set with the name of your favorite team!") I mean, that cooler looks a bit dicey, but hey, if it keeps the gatorade cold, that's all that counts. It doesn't seem totally outrageous, again, except for the $20 voucher. I'm havin' me some free chicken strips soon!

Pirate Princess
04-11-2005, 07:39 PM
So, it's been almost a month since the original post. Anybody tried it yet?

bradk
04-11-2005, 07:44 PM
yes, richas has i believe. there's a fairly recent post (trip report?) around here somewhere. i'll try to locate it, but evidently all went very well.

edit: obviously it's in the post about ridemax: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=558259#post558259

BayAreaDisneyFan
04-11-2005, 08:20 PM
My wife and I have each signed up, and will be attempting to redeem our membership vouchers this Thursday. I'll let you all know how it goes.

WITron
04-11-2005, 08:24 PM
I signed up for it since I was heading to Chicago for the weekend, but when I went to print the confirmation email I couldn't find it anywhere. :( So I just had to walk by.

Elways way
04-11-2005, 08:52 PM
I did it about a week ago in Anaheim and it went off without a hitch. Took twelve minutes max to do the whole thing even during the Spring Break rush! You just take your email into the gift shop (which is nice necause it is never as busy as the upstairs or thr restaraunt area), they scan it, have you sign a couple of things, and present you with the coupon/voucher, the cooler, and a game card.

I never expected it to go as smoothly as it did. i would encourage everyone to do it!

Bigiver
04-11-2005, 09:46 PM
After reading the post for the ESPN VIP card I registered on line and got my voucher. When we went to ESPN Zone in downtown Disney it took only a couple of minutes to redeem the voucher for the cooler, the game credit and the $20 gift certificate. They said we could use it in either resturant or in the gift shop. The family and I had a great meal and loved the place. When we went upstairs to play games I also was going to redeem the credit on my park hopper. They gave me an additional 25% on the points as I was putting them on a VIP card. The only mistake I made was that the people giving membership asked why all the people in my family had not registered online. It is one per person not one per household. We could have had $80 instead of $20. The kids loved the games. Can't see any reason that if your going that you would not sign up. Again, we went during Easter week and it was real busy, but still only took a couple of minutes to redeem my voucher. Bigiver