PDA

View Full Version : April or May - Low Attendance Times?

Wendi
03-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Any chance of finding a week in April or May that will not be too busy? I am going May 5th & 6th on my solo trip, but I would like to take Max again before our next scheduled trip in October/November. I won't go in the summer, but I'm thinking of braving a mid-week trip in April or May if it's not too busy. I don't enjoy crowds, and dealing with a 3 year old is hard enough... so I'm looking for a low attendance week, probably a Monday-Thursday.

TIA!!!

bradk
03-19-2005, 02:11 PM
last 2 weeks of May, before memorial day, should be the lowest attendance before september.

DangerMouse
03-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Wendi! Our family is going the last week of April and were hoping for smallish crowds, however, according to travelaxe and the cost of hotel rooms, it isn't looking smallish at all. However, DLR still has bare bones hours listed during our times of stay. Hoping they will extend park hours if crowds are excessive. . .

Good luck finding a time. I would agree with BradK about going sometime in mid-late May. You'll get all the benefits of the 50th! Max will love the fireworks and parades.

splash
03-20-2005, 09:47 AM
I think that you would be better off going in May. A lot of the rides are closed up until May 3rd or 4th.

Marox3
03-20-2005, 09:55 AM
last 2 weeks of May, before memorial day, should be the lowest attendance before september.

I'm thinking this year may be a little more crowded with the 50th celebration stuff happening.

bradk
03-20-2005, 12:18 PM
my theory has been this. may 5 will operate at capacity because of locals, as will the following weekend. there will be some increase over the first week of may with locals. however, it will subside after that and go back to normal. most tourists who you think might go because of the 50th are just going to wait to july.

Marox3
03-20-2005, 02:43 PM
my theory has been this. may 5 will operate at capacity because of locals, as will the following weekend. there will be some increase over the first week of may with locals. however, it will subside after that and go back to normal. most tourists who you think might go because of the 50th are just going to wait to july.

Well, as a frequent visitor, I can only hope. But, we talked to several CM's at our hotel last week, and they are getting ready for a busy time. They should know - they see the bookings and can forecast what's coming, which excludes the locals who don't stay.

For this year, we are not counting on or anticipating light days in the Resort.

bradk
03-20-2005, 02:49 PM
time will tell. however, for the record, the first half of may is always busy. i often check on travelaxe to see what hotel rates are going to be like when i'm there (5/21 - 5/24) and i haven't seen a serious reduction in room availability as of yet. still plenty of vacancies, but we shall see.