PDA

View Full Version : New "vintage" merchandise pictures!

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyphile
03-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Hi all!

Just went to the park today, and I took photos of the new vintage merchandise that's now available. Enjoy!! :D

Vintage Disneyland Stuff (http://pics.livejournal.com/disneyphile/gallery/000065bt)

Earkid
03-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Wow, cool pics!! That Bingo game looks familiar, did they actually sell those years ago?

Thanks

Crazy4DL
03-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi all!

Just went to the park today, and I took photos of the new vintage merchandise that's now available. Enjoy!! :D

Vintage Disneyland Stuff (http://pics.livejournal.com/disneyphile/gallery/000065bt)

thank you so much - I enjoyed your pictures. I like the vintage stuff!

itig
03-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Love the blue vintage T-shirt (going to have to get one of those) and the mini glasses. Does anyone know anything about the monorail game?

Thanks for posting the pics!

Disneyphile
03-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Does anyone know anything about the monorail game?
I, of course, had to buy that one right away, and they only had 2 left on the shelf! And, of course, I couldn't make it out the gate without opening the box to see the game, so I briefly checked it out while standing near City Hall.

It's a very simple and basic board game with 5 plain colored pawns, 2 dice, and a gameboard. The object is to "ride the Monorail" spaces around the park, and make a full circuit, before the Casey Jr. Railroad finishes its tour around the perimeter. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
03-18-2005, 10:49 PM
OH MY GOSH! I can hear my credit card melting now!!! These things are too cool. I don't smoke, but, hey...that ashtray is very cute! The clock is a MUST. The t-shirt with the vintage Disney sign, will be hanging in my closet after May 8th! And the mini glasses....yep, those too!

In other words, my husband will kill you for showing me these ahead of time! haha! Thanks for the photos, they are great!

JosieGirl71
03-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Can you buy these things online? I have to have that Disneyland sign shirt!

I Heart Disneyland!
03-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Can you buy these things online? I have to have that Disneyland sign shirt!

MouseShoppe has some of this stuff in their shop. I looked earlier! :)

Here you go my dear!

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=6468

RemainSeatedPlease
03-18-2005, 11:38 PM
eeeee!!!!! Vintage Disneyland stuff!!!! ...i can't even look at it!...(holds self back from buying every vintage item in sight on the mouseshoppe) ..i've been waiting forever for them to come out with such neato stuff!

KarenW2
03-19-2005, 12:24 AM
The bingo game reminds me of those cardboard games we used to have for playing in the car, on long car trips! You closed the little window when you saw whatever the picture was of or whatever.

Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Mommy2NicknMax
03-19-2005, 04:21 AM
Thanks for posting the pics Disneyphile!

I LOVE that stretch tee!! Can't wait to get there and SHOP!!! Maybe it's a good thing my husband is staying home with the kids this trip. No one to monitor my spending!

SANDYMARIE
03-19-2005, 06:15 AM
Ca,ching-Ca,ching..............
My shopping bag is full with the ashtray aka candy dish, mini glasses, note pads, vintage t-shirt!

Thanks for the wonderful pictures, it's wonderful people like you that gets me thru until my next trip!!

~Sandymarie~ :)

CrazyTrain
03-19-2005, 08:04 AM
We TOTALLY used to have those bingo games for car rides!!

Does anyone have prices on these?

ftroop6
03-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Great pictures!!! Thank You for posting. Can't wait to do a little shopping!

JosieGirl71
03-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks, I Heart! I was all set to order it and then remembered that I am starting Weight Watchers and a new gym tomorrow so I am going to hold off to see what happens with my weight. But I AM going to get that Disneyland sign shirt! :D

Disneyphile
03-19-2005, 09:50 AM
We TOTALLY used to have those bingo games for car rides!!

Does anyone have prices on these?
The bingo games are only $5. They're about 7" square in size. :)

Wendi
03-19-2005, 10:12 AM
So far I definitely need the mini glasses, and the two games... very cool!

Opus1guy
03-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Got a feeling that several members of my family are going to want a lot of this stuff!

Vault Disney
03-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Don't see the mini glasses on MouseShoppe. :(

Animalia
03-20-2005, 06:16 AM
Thanks for posting the photos. I like the clock and get the feeling the Disneyland sign shirt is going to be one of the hotter selling items.
A quick question though. I like how they encorporated the Matterhorn Abominable Snowman into the graphics, but is he really old enough to be considered "vintage"? I don't mean to be nit-picky.
I'm just not up-to-date on vintage. (Get it? Nudge, nudge, ;))

bradk
03-20-2005, 06:59 AM
like how they encorporated the Matterhorn Abominable Snowman into the graphics, but is he really old enough to be considered "vintage"?

considering the number of times i've read 'i remember when i was little and we went to toontown,' the abominable snowman can practically be considered ancient.

the artwork is fascinating. it really is great, but you also have the haunted mansion, pirates of the caribbean and it's a small world, all of which came in the later 60s. i guess they were afraid of people looking at disneyland in 1955 and replying 'that's not disneyland!'

Animalia
03-20-2005, 07:24 AM
considering the number of times i've read 'i remember when i was little and we went to toontown,' the abominable snowman can practically be considered ancient.
Good point. I hadn't considered the generation factor and still look at the place from when I was a kid back in the 60's and 70's. Wow! Now I feel vintage. :)

Terri
03-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Well...it's settled. I will be bringing an empty suitcase with me so I can buy everything in sight!
Wow...I can't believe I want almost all of the "vintage" items... :eek:

Opus1guy
03-20-2005, 09:41 AM
bradk notes:

Yeah. Just the other day someone started a thread in The Lounge forum about showing their childhood photos of them in Toontown!

Made me feel pretty ancient (well...I kinda am). ;)

Seems to me like Toontown is one of the newest things at Disneyland! But to others, it's ancient history. :)

cstephens
03-20-2005, 10:01 AM
I like how they encorporated the Matterhorn Abominable Snowman into the graphics, but is he really old enough to be considered "vintage"? I don't mean to be nit-picky.
I'm just not up-to-date on vintage. (Get it? Nudge, nudge, ;))

Well, technically, the merchandise is part of the "retro collection" in Disney's language. Vintage is the word that the OP chose to use instead.

waiting and hoping that at least two more items in the line are going to be available later