PDA

View Full Version : Your Disneyland "rituals"

Pages : [1] 2 3

BWthespian
03-17-2005, 08:19 PM
before i leave in the eveing, i go to the penny arcade. and to the big thing i like to call "the band in a box" lol and i always select jack skellingtons "whats this" .
its so loud to lol, pretty neato

RemainSeatedPlease
03-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Have to get my clam chowder and New Orleans people watch in....i wrote this in another thread already... :D *goes off and finally decides to learn how you do links and such*

wendyxo
03-17-2005, 08:30 PM
I must get a fortune from Esmarelda, make a wish in Snow White's Well, and above all I must start my day by riding Pirates first

Captain Josh
03-17-2005, 08:31 PM
placing an "earthly sacrifice" (a pyramid-esque stack of a quarter, nickel, penny and a dime) in the palms of the Buddha in the Temple of the Forbidden eye.

TimBuk2
03-17-2005, 08:32 PM
get the handstamp every time out the gate, even if i'm an AP holder.

RemainSeatedPlease
03-17-2005, 08:36 PM
get the handstamp every time out the gate, even if i'm an AP holder.

:D yay!, i love doing that..even my family who loves d-land thinks i'am crazy when I do!

SCUBAbe
03-17-2005, 08:40 PM
rituals.....I usually walk down main street a few times during the day. I suppose my new ritual is to stop doing the same things on every trip. I went on the tea cups for the second time in my whole life on my last trip. One day I may even see fantasmis...the tiki room isn't looking good though. I tried to watch it once and walked out..:)

BWthespian
03-17-2005, 08:43 PM
o yess and i always buy a glow necklace, i plan on have a big giant chain of them,in a complete circle,around my room, ive already got all the mini ride themed sno globes, and so my new addiction are the pirate skeleton figurines u see in the pieces of eight shop and the jollyroger flag witch i got over in newport beach sometime ago coincedently is also sold in that neat little shop lol

Andrew
03-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Enter through the stroller-side tunnel, exit through the City Hall-side tunnel. Don't do it the other way 'round, it's just not right.

RemainSeatedPlease
03-17-2005, 09:03 PM
..soo many rituals! so little time, seeing everyone else's reminds me of more and more ;)

TOTFan
03-17-2005, 09:07 PM
placing an "earthly sacrifice" (a pyramid-esque stack of a quarter, nickel, penny and a dime) in the palms of the Buddha in the Temple of the Forbidden eye.
Why would you do that when Buddha is not about money or material things. He is about oneness with the universe.

Captain Josh
03-17-2005, 09:10 PM
it says "Earthly Riches" on the wall above it....it's an Ironic Buddha.

PsychDoc
03-17-2005, 09:14 PM
We always eat lunch at the Blue Bayou on our first day. The last is lunch at Ariels Gratto. We must end our trip with either Splash or Indy. Depending on the mood. But it has to be a "good" ride, not like Pooh.

HorizonsA
03-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Always a late night showing of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. :D

Oh wait! :mad: I can't do that anymore! :crying:

I guess my late night showings will have to be the next best show, The Enchanted Tiki Room :p . Nothing like ending the day with tropical, Polynesian music stuck in your head. :D

wabby1
03-17-2005, 09:52 PM
My ritual is riding Pirates first, and riding it at the conclusion of my visit. I'm also starting a ritual where I ride around the perimeter of the park on the DL Railroad at least 2 or 3 times....mainly to relax, and I love doing that at night.

halvogirl
03-17-2005, 09:53 PM
First land we visit is always fantasyland. Then we always try to hit matterhorn on the last ride, Laughing as my dad Yodells down the whole mountain. than settiling down on the porch on mainstreet to watch all the tired guest leave at the end of the day.

kristen
03-17-2005, 10:08 PM
cotton candy everytime!!

Opus1guy
03-17-2005, 10:45 PM
I sacrifice my American Express Card at the Alter of Club 33.

uvsc_wolverine
03-17-2005, 11:03 PM
City Hall tunnel for the entrance, stroller side tunnel for the exit (the hotel is on that side). Ride Pirates first, play with all the stuff in the Indy queue. Spend the rest of the time pretending I'm a little kid - go get character pics and autographs (I'm 23). Just generally have fun.

sdfilmcritic
03-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Go through the left tunnel when entering (sometimes I might break tradition and go through the right).

Get my cup of Tiki Juice or Market House Coffee.

Ride the Tomorrowland side of Matterhorn at least once.

Say (at least once in unison with the recording) the ending spiel of Matterhorn before the guests get out of the vehicles.

cstephens
03-17-2005, 11:40 PM
No rituals and no doors.

Oh, sorry, just having a flashback...

5hr drive
03-18-2005, 02:18 AM
I must have a current fast-pass in my wallet at all times, even if I'm not going to use it. I don't even want to think about walking around the park without one. If I'm on my way to use a fp on a ride (say Indy for example), I always stop somewhere and get another (say for Splash Mtn) before riding Indy. I've been doing this for 5yrs. now and it hasn't failed me.

SANDYMARIE
03-18-2005, 03:54 AM
Always enter on the stroller side................
Always have a Monte Cristo for lunch..............
Always ride Pirates first, HM next............
Always buy a t-shirt and collector spoon..........
Always forget to do something..............
Always skip most of Tomorrowland (BORING)..........
Always looking for somewhere to sit down.........
Always take a picture of the castle..........
Always bring home more stuff then my suitcase can hold.............
TTFN :)

03-18-2005, 04:10 AM
Always ride the railroad first all the way around

scaeagles
03-18-2005, 04:28 AM
Family has licorice for breakfast on our last day.