PDA

View Full Version : Favorite things/memories/random moments!

Pages : [1] 2

Dream Again
03-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Oki doki, DL is a happy place. Which therefore means we should have more fun memories than bad memories! Soo how about instead of listing our bad memories, we switch to the good ones? One of my favorite things about Disneyland is seeing all the little kids walk around in their little princess costumes.

srfantasmic
03-17-2005, 01:56 PM
I like the ambient music that plays outdoors. Everybody needs a soundtrack for their lives once in a while.

Raven
03-17-2005, 01:57 PM
I love the feeling I get when I walk under the railroad and into Disneyland. It's like the whole world stops and you are in the Happiest Place on Earth! I also like the feeling that you get when you cannot see anything outside of Disneyland, almost like you are in your own little happy world! Main Street during Christmas is a blast!

dizy4disney1
03-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Love the way the entire atmosphere makes me feel. The way the air feels, the way the music makes me feel like I'm in a special place in each new land. Love the smells, from the baking in the food places, to the slightly musty smell of the water way attractions. Love feeling like I'm 10 again without a care in the world.

I love watching the little acts of kindness that go on from person to person, or from CM's who try to make magical moments.

I have so many wonderful memories from DL visits. I could go on forever.

But one in particular stands out. My youngest was 8 at the time of his second visit. And this time he wanted to carry his own wallet and hold his own money. He even bought his wallet at the emporium when we got there. Then on the third day, he lost it. He was so upset. I told him we'd check lost and found. The first time we went, nothing was there. Then at the end of the night we checked, and they had it! And inside was a smashed Frontierland penny with a note from the Golden Horseshoe CM's. They had found his wallet while cleaning up after a show (we must have laughed so hard we didn't notice he dropped it). So they purchased the smashed penny for him and told him how happy they were to have had him at the show and that this lucky penny would give him luck in the future in not losing his wallet again. It was wonderful. He loved it, and he's never has lost his wallet since. He's 13 and still has the note and penny. Walt would have been proud.

MsYumiBr
03-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Little little kids giving characters big hugs! How cute!

SallySkellington
03-17-2005, 03:09 PM
My entire MA trip! :D

BWthespian
03-17-2005, 06:03 PM
love just walking in and just thinkin of my memories there long ago when going to dland was like the biggest thing ever for the entire family lol me being a 17 year old male its kinda sad ya lol but really thats how i feel whats sucks about growing up is that some of the magic of the rides disappear and like theres no scare to them anymore i always grabbed my dad shirt in side haunted mansion so that i was put in a buggie with him lol "DISNEYLAND FOREVER"

BWthespian
03-17-2005, 06:07 PM
How I Was Whenever We All Went On Haunted Mansion Those Times One Of My Favoritest Memories There Lol

Earkid
03-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Punctuation, a lost art form.

MOUSELUVR
03-17-2005, 06:26 PM
For me one of this biggest has to be the smells. As I have posted before, it happens frequently when we are out, that someone in my family will say "hey, its smells like Pirates in here!", and just for a minute you can close your eyes and get that happy feeling you get when you are there riding it.

Second would be the feeling of total disconnection from the outside world...it so submersive, I just love it. :rolleyes:

rentayenta
03-17-2005, 06:32 PM
This last trip Christiii and I were sitting on the porch on Main St. eatin' pickles and cotton candy. It was our last hour and it was perfect!

DisneyDustin22
03-17-2005, 06:36 PM
I like the ambient music that plays outdoors. Everybody needs a soundtrack for their lives once in a while.

I'm with you on that one. Just seems that music is the right level and everything, adds that little extra bit to make it all work.

I like to sit at Main Street Station at the end of a busy day right after fireworks and watch the masses of people make their way to the gates. You see so many things, its really quite a sight.

Earkid
03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
This last trip Christiii and I were sitting on the porch on Main St. eatin' pickles and cotton candy. It was our last hour and it was perfect!
What a great memory Yenta!! It lowers my blood pressure just thinking of it.

BWthespian
03-17-2005, 07:00 PM
THANX FOR RUINING THE EMOTION I WENT THROUGH TYPING THAT EARKID :mad: YOU ARE FORGIVIN

rentayenta
03-17-2005, 07:19 PM
What a great memory Yenta!! It lowers my blood pressure just thinking of it.

Thanks Earkid!

Another great one was when Chloe got picked to do the Sword in the Stone ceremony, on her birthday-priceless!!

RemainSeatedPlease
Sitting out along the fence at the French Market, with some really good chowder and just sit and listen to the sounds of New Orleans and just people watch..thats my favorite place to be!

I Heart Disneyland!
I love the butterflies I get in my stomach as soon as I see the clock tower, in the front!!! And the sound of entering the gates! LOVE IT!

Emma
03-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Taking Annabelle on that caterpillar choo-choo train in Bugs Land at DCA. She was so PO'd after we did it (we waited in line for about 15-20 minutes) because it was so stupid that I thought she was going to kick me in the shin.

That's my daughter. :D

It was so cute.

Emma
03-17-2005, 07:26 PM
When DH and I were dating, we were on our last day of an 8 day trip and we still had a bunch of junk food we wanted to eat that we never got around to. In one afternoon I ate:

Cotton Candy
Ice cream sandwich
Giant Pickle
Mc Donald's Fries
Gumbo
and a churro.

Then we went on Star Tours.

And then I threw up.

Dream Again
03-17-2005, 07:33 PM
love just walking in and just thinkin of my memories there long ago when going to dland was like the biggest thing ever for the entire family lol me being a 17 year old male its kinda sad ya lol but really thats how i feel whats sucks about growing up is that some of the magic of the rides disappear and like theres no scare to them anymore i always grabbed my dad shirt in side haunted mansion so that i was put in a buggie with him lol "DISNEYLAND FOREVER"

Lol :) It's not sad. I'm sure I'm still gonna feel that way when I'm in my 50's.

Crazy4DL
03-17-2005, 07:41 PM
I have a memory forever in my mind of my mom at Christmas 1989, she was in a wheel chair sitting in front of the Mad Hatter store on Main Street and Chip and Dale came out and one of them came over and hugged her and she grinned from ear to ear :) She was having a lot of health issues and so happy to be with us on our trip. She passes away several years later and that was her last time to DL. I am having a hard time just typing this - it still brings tears to my eyes after all these years.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Taking Annabelle on that caterpillar choo-choo train in Bugs Land at DCA. She was so PO'd after we did it (we waited in line for about 15-20 minutes) because it was so stupid that I thought she was going to kick me in the shin.

That is so funny!!!! How old was she at the time?? :)

I Heart Disneyland!
03-17-2005, 07:43 PM
I am having a hard time just typing this - it still brings tears to my eyes after all these years.

HUGGGGGGGGG!!!!! That is a really sweet story.

Captain Josh
03-17-2005, 07:46 PM
For those who don't know, in my free time, I dress up like a 1930's adventurer pilot when I go to the Park. Don't ask, I just do. Anyways, I was like this last Saturday, and I hadn't been for a long time. I wanted to do appropriately "captain-y" things, so I got in line for the Astro Orbiter Rockets. When I got off, a dad and his young daughter talked to me as I was walking off. He asked (I assume, for his daughter) if I was a real pilot. I smiled and said "sometimes", not being able to think of a real answer.

I guess this is what some people could call magic.

BWthespian
03-17-2005, 07:49 PM
gosh and you know being a teen is so dramaish and scary i like how disneyland just relives me of all that emotional stress seriously i think dland is a truely magical place when its kinda empty (like after closing) and im just walking about the cobblestone of the empty rivers of america and on my visits after school wow man true relaxation especially with the cast members lol