PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody been to Club 33?

Pages : [1] 2

srfantasmic
03-16-2005, 07:04 PM
I got invited by my brother-in-law. Is it worth spending the time/money?

Shinku
03-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Without a doubt! GO!!!! Don't think twice about it, just GO!

stan4d_steph
03-16-2005, 07:18 PM
I've been once. If you have the opportunity, I would say take it. I don't think it's that fantastic, but it's cool to be able to see the inside of the place. I'd rather eat a meal at Napa Rose.

Do a search on "Club" in this forum and you'll find a lot of previous threads on the subject. :)

Wendi
03-16-2005, 08:13 PM
I got invited by my brother-in-law. Is it worth spending the time/money?

Definitely not... you should send me in your place :~D

Deogge's Mom
03-16-2005, 08:36 PM
If you're not going to go, please let me go.

Seriously, if you have a chance to go to Club 33, go. There are alot of people who would kill for a chance to get past that door.

Wizard69
03-16-2005, 08:50 PM
I've been there quite a few times. I say you should go. It's not often that you get to.

uvsc_wolverine
03-16-2005, 10:23 PM
I've been there quite a few times. I say you should go. It's not often that you get to.

Does anyone else find this statement amusing? "I've been there quite a few times....It's not often that you get to."

Crazy4DL
03-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Does anyone else find this statement amusing? "I've been there quite a few times....It's not often that you get to."

lol

SoCalDude
03-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Definitely not... you should send me in your place :~D
HEY!!! I was going to say that! :mad:

DisneylandForever
03-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Another vote saying GO. It's not quite worth the money on a consistent basis, but you should definitely do it at least once if you're given the chance. Since you are, do it! Take lots of pix!

RemainSeatedPlease
03-16-2005, 11:18 PM
I wish!!! go go go :D ..lucky

jon80flt
03-17-2005, 06:33 AM
My vote is GO!

But beware, you may leave Club 33 with a new mission in life.... to become a Member! If you enjoy good food and drink while being at The Happiest Place on Earth, then you should NOT miss this opportunity!!!

I've been once, and can't wait for my next opportunity!

Jon

Hakuna Makarla
03-17-2005, 06:47 AM
Ok, I think you should send me in your place, why you ask ,well its not often you can givesomething away and you know you will be blessed for this right? so yes, give me a call and I will be there to tell them you were kind enough to send me in your place :)

mystycalchyk
03-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Do not pass go, Do not collect $200...just go go go go go.

*went once, and is still trying to get back in*

lisap
03-17-2005, 09:26 AM
If you do not have an AP--it practically pays for itself, since the invite also includes park admission. I've been three times for brunch and once for dinner. I think the brunch was more fun--do they still have it?--but anytime you go it will be a lot of fun. Buy something out of the case to prove you have been there, too. ;)

AmandasDad
03-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Yup. The fact that you get comp'd into the parks makes it worth it.

Does anyone know what the dress code is for dinner? I've only been for lunch.

Opus1guy
03-17-2005, 10:00 AM
I think the brunch was more fun--do they still have it?

They still have the Luncheon Buffet, but now it's a modified Luncheon Buffet where all is Buffet style except your main course entrée, which is ordered off a menu, cooked to order and brought to your table. But all the other pre and post courses are still buffet and all-you-can-eat. They did this because they wanted to bring up the quality of the main course and also increase the service levels from the old "do-it-yourself" that the lunches had become. I love the new buffet! :)

In case any of you missed it, Disneyland Insider did an article on Club 33 last week:

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v050308.html

cstephens
03-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Do not pass go, Do not collect $200...just go go go go go.

Collecting $200 might help when it's time for the check to arrive. ;)

KarenW2
03-17-2005, 10:52 AM
My hubby and I have enjoyed dinner at Club 33 several times over the years. We prefer dinner, since it is like an oasis in the midst of the chaos that is the park, especially on a very crowded day!

I think everyone who loves Disney should experience it at least once in their lifetime! I agree with C, you should definitely bring the $200 with you, as it is pricey, but if you consider the whole of the "experience", it might make it less painful, when you have to pay the check!!

Be sure to check out the cabinet of Club 33-exclusive goodies! If you haven't spent enough for dinner, this will finish you off for sure! :D

mystycalchyk
03-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Collecting $200 might help when it's time for the check to arrive. ;)

Point taken ;)

Although....for us, at the time, we werent AP holders so the cost of park entry for two for a day was well worth it. Plus the yummilicious Sunday brunch. Yeah we definately came out ahead.

:( Umm till we bought all the cool Club 33 merchandise, including one, extremely expensive, (but much loved by my man) leather jacket.

*sigh*

yeah, take the $200 (or more)

smd4
03-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Yeah, the lunch can be expensive ($53/each for me and my wife). But other than that, it's not too bad. $4.79 for a Sam Adams, $3.00 for an iced tea. At the Standard Hotel, here in Downtown LA, I spent $7.00 for that same beer.

Since we are not APs, we rationalized that the price was the same as that of two park-hoppers, but we got the lunch for free!

Disneyphile
03-17-2005, 11:08 AM
I've been 3 times - once for dinner, once for lunch, and once for brunch. Of the three, I enjoyed dinner the most, because we dressed up and felt very special, and the food was exquisite. Brunch is nice too - more casual, but Mickey and Pluto also paid a visit, and Mickey even carried my birthday cake over! :D Our most recent visit was last month for lunch, and it was just ok. The staff seemed to be really "off" that day, but the food was still good.

You should definitely jump on any opportunity you have to go - it's very hard to get into. I just happened to be lucky thanks to some very generous individuals who offered. :)

srfantasmic
03-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Sounds pretty unanimous that I should go. I am an annual passholder so I won't be saving any money. I'm not really into fancy dining experiences either. I'm more of a "bang for your buck" kind of guy. It's going to be hard to convince myself that $200 for a meal is worth it. If it gave me a good view of Fantasmic I'd do it in a second! Not so sure yet.

thanks for all the advice though! I'll let you know what happens.

mystycalchyk
03-17-2005, 01:29 PM
$200 for the meal? For how many people? Just a FYI thing, when we went it was two of us for the Sunday brunch and our tab was less than $100.

We spent a whole lot more, but thas because we bought several items (the previously mentioned jacket, a plate, a couple of pins...stuff like that)

DonaldDuck14
03-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Sounds pretty unanimous that I should go. I am an annual passholder so I won't be saving any money. I'm not really into fancy dining experiences either. I'm more of a "bang for your buck" kind of guy. It's going to be hard to convince myself that $200 for a meal is worth it. If it gave me a good view of Fantasmic I'd do it in a second! Not so sure yet.

thanks for all the advice though! I'll let you know what happens.

Well it won't be 200 bucks per meal. I paid 55 bucks when i went like 3 weeks ago. I say just go at least once because its nice treating yourself to a good meal. Don't know what to get? I say try the New York Strip Loin....unless they don't change the menu by the time you go. However i don't think trying to get a membership to the club is worth it though. Ok, who wants to pay 1,000 bucks or however it costs to basically reserve a spot to just dine there (well unless you have so much money you don't kknow what to do with it)? I don't see the fuss over getting the membership.