PDA

View Full Version : Golden Horseshoe

wendyxo
03-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Hi~can anyone recommend this show? I have been to DL countless times and have never seen it. If anyone can let me know if it is worth our while to go, I'd appreciate it! Also, my husband asked if they still have the can-can girls? Thanks for your help :)

MrsG
03-16-2005, 06:19 PM
No Can-Can girls but you will see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. They are hillarious! Go see them (and have a slice of chocolate cake).

miss_sonja
03-16-2005, 07:37 PM
We love the Golden Horseshoe! We've made sure to catch the show our last three trips. It's great fun. I think of it as a break, because you can sit down, enjoy some chili fries or that huge slice of chocolate cake (it's actually pretty darn good too) and be entertained. We usually sit in the balcony, but we'll sit on the main floor next trip so the 20 month old doesn't try to climb over the railing. If you sit on one of the tables to the right and left of the stage, the Billys may bring you into the show!

Great fiddlin'!

Zigen
03-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Yes I very much recommend this show. Very funny and very entertaining, a must see.

Andrew
03-16-2005, 07:56 PM
And while you're waiting for the show inside the Golden Horseshoe, make sure to catch the show outside-- Laughing Stock.

kristen
03-16-2005, 07:58 PM
And while you're waiting for the show inside the Golden Horseshoe, make sure to catch the show outside-- Laughing Stock.
I love that show!!

Wendi
03-16-2005, 08:12 PM
When are you going? Apparently, the Golden Horseshoe Revue will be back for the 50th!!!

Dream Again
03-16-2005, 08:47 PM
When are you going? Apparently, the Golden Horseshoe Revue will be back for the 50th!!!

Really? I've ALWAYS wanted to see that and so has my mom. YAY!!!

uvsc_wolverine
03-16-2005, 10:26 PM
I had been to DL between 15-20 times before I finally saw the show at the Golden Horseshoe last October. I could never get my parents to go, so when I finally arranged my own trip I was able to go see it - and it was awesome!

DLfreak
03-16-2005, 10:41 PM
That's cool, but does that mean Billy and the Hillbillies will be gone!??! :eek: I hope not! That is probably my favorite thing to do at Disneyland!

sdfilmcritic
03-17-2005, 12:56 AM
I remember the show. Yes. I like the Billy Hill show, but I also enjoyed the Golden Horsehose Revue when they had it operating.

5hr drive
03-17-2005, 04:08 AM
We've seen Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, as well as the Golden Horseshoe Saloon Revue and Woody's Round-up when it played at the Golden Horseshoe for a while after Toy Story 2 came out. I highly recommend seeing whatever show is available, whether it's Billy Hill or the Revue. Now that I think about it, we actually saw the Revue at WDW, during our trip 9/15-22/2001. This was right after 9/11 and we all sang God Bless America with the performers at the end of the show. What a great experience!
I also recommend going to the show hungry and ordering the fish and chips, they're pretty tasty.
Oh, and if you can, get there early to snag one of the box seats at either side of the stage, either that or sit upstairs.
Enjoy the show!

sdfilmcritic
03-17-2005, 04:18 AM
We've seen Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, as well as the Golden Horseshoe Saloon Revue and Woody's Round-up when it played at the Golden Horseshoe for a while after Toy Story 2 came out.I totally forgot about the Woody's Round-up. I watched that show, too.
Oh, and if you can, get there early to snag one of the box seats at either side of the stage, either that or sit upstairs.FYI: The upstairs box seats are closed to the general public. These box seats are now reserved for the speakers that are used for the Billy Hill show.

motomickey
03-17-2005, 08:59 AM
These guys are world-class entertainers--they just act goofy at the Park

don't miss them==you will love the brothers billy!

http://www.jansworld.net/billy_hill/1_billy_hill_main_page.htm :)

nvmom
03-17-2005, 09:33 AM
We loved Billy Hill & the Hillbillies. Hilarious & wonderful musicians. I missed the choc cake though, and the Laughing show outside?

nvmom

MOUSELUVR
03-17-2005, 09:34 AM
We went for the first time in February after years of trips and had a GREAT time...it was really fun and the fish and chips were GREAT :D

mmurray54
03-17-2005, 09:54 AM
The Billy Hill & The Hillbillies (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/entertainment/detail?name=BillyHillAndHillbilliesEntertainmentPa ge) show is a must see for me every time I go. I hope they don't totally eliminate it when the 50th rolls around. It would be nice if they could share the theater between the Golden Horse Shoe Review and the Hillbillies.... Just a little wishful thinking :)

bradk
03-17-2005, 10:01 AM
just following up on this. according to Jeremiah in this thread:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=38160

the Golden Horseshoe will be closed for refurbs beginning April 1st and when it opens for the 50th, the Golden Horseshoe Revue will be the featured show, the implication being that Billy Hill will be closed indefinitely.

dizy4disney1
03-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Oh I love Billy Hill. I've never seen my sons laugh that hard - ever.

But a new show will be cool, too. It's a fun place, whatever is showing. And whenever I'm there I just imagine Walt up on the balcony, climbing down, clowning it up for his anniversary party that they had there right before DL opened in '55. Lots of history in that building.

tinafromidaho
03-17-2005, 12:27 PM
What is the Golden Horshue review? All I've seen there were the Woody's Roundup and Billy and the Hillbillys.

bradk
03-17-2005, 12:36 PM
http://www.jansworld.net/golden_horseshoe_pages/gh_revue.htm

it's the original show, so technically this will be a revival.

Jeremiah also reported that the July 17 show will feature members from the original cast.

chazcrew
03-17-2005, 02:29 PM
just following up on this. according to Jeremiah in this thread:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=38160

the Golden Horseshoe will be closed for refurbs beginning April 1st and when it opens for the 50th, the Golden Horseshoe Revue will be the featured show, the implication being that Billy Hill will be closed indefinitely.

I was the one who started that thread, and at the time Billy Hill wasn't listed on the Disney calendar at all for April. But now it's listed daily, all month long, so I have hope that maybe the show will be running after all. I have tentatively put it back on my schedule, anyway.

mmurray54
05-06-2005, 01:02 PM
It looks like Billy Hill and the Hill Billys are still playing at the Golden Horse Shoe. For me, this is good news! :D