PDA

View Full Version : Sale Means Plans for Anaheim's GardenWalk Are Back on Track - LA Times, 3/16/05

Darkbeer
03-16-2005, 01:43 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-gardenwalk15mar15,1,1894951.story (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-gardenwalk15mar15,1,1894951.story)

QuikQuote: The new property owners, Pacific Coast Capital Partners, promise to begin construction by the end of the year, with the first phase of retail businesses opening by June 2007.
GardenWalk would be one of the largest retail-entertainmentprojects in Anaheim. Developers plan three upscale hotels, shops and an array of restaurants on Katella Avenue, within walking distance of Disneyland and the renovated Anaheim Convention Center to the west.

AVP
03-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Finally.

Avp

TP2000
03-16-2005, 04:22 PM
This thing has been stalled, regrouped, relaunched and refinanced so many times in the last 8 years that we've all lost track.

The fact that the "new" development group contains members of the old group doesn't bode well. Somehow I don't think this will get off the ground for the new '07 opening. The '99 opening came and went. The '01 opening came and went. The '03 opening came and went. The Fall '04 opening came and went, even though the construction wall still maintains a "Fall 2004" opening.

Anaheim has the worst recent track record for redevelopment in Orange County. Look at all the big, fancy hotels and all the new restaurants that got built 8 blocks south in Garden Grove during the 1999-2004 period. Meanwhile all Anaheim got was a Mimi's Cafe and a new paint job on the Ramada.

Aussie MouseFan
03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
I truly hope they have finally sorted things out...

I just cant believe such prime real estate is going to waste. From a developers perspective, they dont make any money whilst the site is desolate, the logical thing is firstly, beautify the area (parklands, etc) add some cafes, restuarants etc, so as the revenue is coming in, then, start on the big plans...

or maybe that is too logical