PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to and parking at DL

Courtney Anne
03-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Hey - i couldn't find a hotel close to the main gates that was affordable (under $99 a night) - so I am staying at a Days Inn in Santa Ana maybe 4 miles down the road from DL.

I am guessing that I will just have to drive to DL every day and pay $10 for parking... right ? Is there another way (cheaper) that I can get to park ? Is there a trolley that I can get on ? Park my car somewhere else maybe ?

And - it is only going to be me and my 9 year old son - we aren't going to be traveling with lots of people this trip...

thanks in advance

bradk
03-16-2005, 01:21 PM
not sure about your hotel specifically, but many hotels offer a shuttle. there's also the anaheim resort transit which has stops along various routes (www.rideart.org) or mass transit, for which you can get door to door directions at http://www.mta.net

Darkbeer
03-16-2005, 01:40 PM
ART is only good in the city of Anaheim, it doesn't leave city limits.

bradk
03-16-2005, 01:47 PM
yeah to be honest, i didn't pay attention to where the hotel was. i'm getting sloppy. i also wanna go home.

to make good, here's the mass transit info. buses start spaced out every 15 mins or so in the morning and get more frequent in the afternoon. the ride is about 20 mins.

Starting at 1108 N HARBOR BLVD
Ride ORANGE COUNTY BUS 43 (BEACH & LA HABRA) heading north
To: HARBOR BLVD/E SHUTTLE AREA(SE corner)
Pay $1.25
Ending at DISNEYLAND
Total cash fare = $1.25
Trip distance is about 4.48 miles.

not sure where the East Shuttle Area is, but if someone would be kind to clairfy that, I'd appreciate knowing myself.

Courtney Anne
03-16-2005, 01:47 PM
ART is only good in the city of Anaheim, it doesn't leave city limits.

that's what i was afraid of... is there any way that i could park somewhere (for free) and then take the ART to the park ?

Darkbeer
03-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Are you stuck at the Days Inn, or can you cancel?

At $99 I think we can find you a better hotel/location than that..

What are your travel dates (check in and check out?)

Have you tried Travelaxe, Hotwire and Priceline?

Courtney Anne
03-16-2005, 01:50 PM
yeah to be honest, i didn't pay attention to where the hotel was. i'm getting sloppy. i also wanna go home.

to make good, here's the mass transit info. buses start spaced out every 15 mins or so in the morning and get more frequent in the afternoon. the ride is about 20 mins.

Starting at 1108 N HARBOR BLVD
Ride ORANGE COUNTY BUS 43 (BEACH & LA HABRA) heading north
To: HARBOR BLVD/E SHUTTLE AREA(SE corner)
Pay $1.25
Ending at DISNEYLAND
Total cash fare = $1.25
Trip distance is about 4.48 miles.

not sure where the East Shuttle Area is, but if someone would be kind to clairfy that, I'd appreciate knowing myself.

WOW !!!!! You even found the address of my hotel ! THANKS !!!!!!!!

Do you know how early or late the bus runs? We have Early Entry for Saturday - and my son wants to spend all day at DL. I think I am going to need a break sometime duirng those 16 hours !!!

Courtney Anne
03-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Are you stuck at the Days Inn, or can you cancel?

At $99 I think we can find you a better hotel/location than that..

What are your travel dates (check in and check out?)

Have you tried Travelaxe, Hotwire and Priceline?

I looked all over and tried some of those travel sites...

I am getting three nights (Thur, Fri and Sat) at the Days Inn on Harbour in Santa Ana - for $150 or so plus tax

We will be leaving Phoenix on Thursday as soon as I get done with work. Then driving to DL. I really don't care how nice the hotel is as long as it has a bed and a pillow. My son is so excited about DL and he wants to stay all day 8am to 12 midnight each day ! Although I might have to take a nap on a bench somewhere ! I am also very excited about going but I am getting older and have a bad knee - so all that walking gets me tired and sore.

Darkbeer
03-16-2005, 02:25 PM
If you are talking about this weekend..

Hotwire has a Extended Stay type place in the Buena Park La Mirada area, which comes with a full fridge, and an kitchenette for $69 a night

There is a Motel 6 in Stanton for $39 a night on Katella (about 5 miles west of the resort)... That would more than make up for the $10 a day parking fee.

The Super 8 on Disneyland Drive (just north of the DLR, near the parking structure) is $53 for the first 2 nights, and $80 for the last ($214 total including tax).

All the following prices (except the Hotwire one) came from

www.travelaxe.com (http://www.travelaxe.com)

Courtney Anne
03-16-2005, 02:36 PM
If you are talking about this weekend..

There is a Motel 6 in Stanton for $39 a night on Katella (about 5 miles west of the resort)... That would more than make up for the $10 a day parking fee.

www.travelaxe.com (http://www.travelaxe.com)

I am going tomorrow... sorry about not giving dates.

I am going to try the travelaxe website right now. Years ago I stayed in a hotel off Katella that was in Stanton and I think it was a Motel 6. I don't remember anything bad about it so getting that for $39 a night would be great !

Thank you so much for helping out. Everyone on this site has just been wonderful. You are all so helpful. Thanks for making my trip to DL go smoothly and for me and my son to have a great time. This will be the first trip that my son and I have gone on by ourselves. Every other time we had at least 2 or 3 other people with us.

I will let you know about the Motel 6 if I get it.

Darkbeer
03-16-2005, 03:11 PM
I am going tomorrow... sorry about not giving dates.

I am going to try the travelaxe website right now. Years ago I stayed in a hotel off Katella that was in Stanton and I think it was a Motel 6. I don't remember anything bad about it so getting that for $39 a night would be great !

Thank you so much for helping out. Everyone on this site has just been wonderful. You are all so helpful. Thanks for making my trip to DL go smoothly and for me and my son to have a great time. This will be the first trip that my son and I have gone on by ourselves. Every other time we had at least 2 or 3 other people with us.

I will let you know about the Motel 6 if I get it.

It is cheaper if you go to Motel6 directly, find the Click 6 bargains for Stanton, just $35.99 a day (plus tax)...

http://www.motel6.com/ms/check-availability.do?property=0251

Don't forget, a group of internet folks meet every Sunday at Noon, next to the Partners Statue (South west corner) at the Hub. Stop by and say Hi!

Deogge's Mom
03-16-2005, 04:47 PM
WOW !!!!! You even found the address of my hotel ! THANKS !!!!!!!!

Do you know how early or late the bus runs? We have Early Entry for Saturday - and my son wants to spend all day at DL. I think I am going to need a break sometime duirng those 16 hours !!!

The bus runs from about 5:00 AM until 3:00 AM. At your first boarding, get a day pass for $3. This is good for all day no matter how many times you get on and off the bus. Otherwise, you'll pay a $1.25 each time you get on. Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) has a good website and a trip planner (www.octa.net (http://www.octa.net/index.asp)).

I hope we see you on Sunday at noon at the Hub and that this helps.

Courtney Anne
03-17-2005, 02:07 PM
The bus runs from about 5:00 AM until 3:00 AM. At your first boarding, get a day pass for $3. This is good for all day no matter how many times you get on and off the bus. Otherwise, you'll pay a $1.25 each time you get on. Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) has a good website and a trip planner (www.octa.net (http://www.octa.net/index.asp)).

I hope we see you on Sunday at noon at the Hub and that this helps.

I am going to look into that - It will be much cheaper than parking at DL

I am trying to look up the info now.

AND where exactly do you meet ? and how will I know it is you guys ?

EDIT - I am leaving now to pick up my son and then we will be on the I-10 headed to Cali (from Phoenix) !! I have a cell phone if anybody wants to call me on Sunday - so I know where to meet... 480-217-1997