PDA

View Full Version : DCA Was Awesome On NYE!!!

GoldenEars
01-02-2002, 11:26 PM
I decided to make the switch and celebrate my NYE at DCA this year instead of Disneyland. And let me just say, I have found a new & exciting place to spend NYE in the future.

The Park really did an awesome job and seemed to go all out with entertainment. And what was really nice is that it wasn't too crowded but, just right! There were enough guests to bring out a lot of energy. And even tho DCA serves alcohol, I didn't see any problems with guests being drunk or out of control. It looked like everyone was just having a great time!

I personally, liked the idea of the different theme areas for the bands and entertainment. I was in the Hollywood Backlot area where they hosted a 60's theme, complete with *groovey* dancers all dressed up in total 60's clothes/hair.

So kudos to DCA for doing a terrific job and making the nights event something to remember. It was nice seeing the Park go out with such a positive note. Let's hope 2002 will see some equally positive changes at DCA!

And side bar...it was great having *BLAST* being performed so late in the night. I was able to catch the last 3 shows and was bold enough to get my picture taken with 2 of the performers!:D

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!:p

bluepearl
01-03-2002, 08:33 AM
I think I'm the only one who loves Blast so much that I don't mind seeing it more than once a day! I wish I could've gone to the late performances. You know I would've been a bit less conservative and more...well, I would definitely approach my favourite cast member. ;)

Anyhoo...besides the point. Ditto on the comments. I loved the music in the park. I think that's why I really like DCA - there's a lot of music going on in the park, and not just DCA-themed music. I'm totally into oldies and the music in Sunshine Plaza is fantastic. I only wish Party Central could've performed in Paradise Pier (not that Person to Person was bad or anything) - that would've been awesome!

Napsto
01-03-2002, 08:34 PM
i am glad you guys had fun

ChrisBlastGirl
01-03-2002, 08:38 PM
from what I heard the cast loved the guests in the last show. they were happy with the energy. Glad to hear everyone loves the show. but I have to say one thing. i'm goign to miss Chris when he leaves. Go and support him his last show is on Sunday.

Laura

Its the chris that plays the french horn

ChrisBlastGirl
01-03-2002, 08:39 PM
I can see the show over and over again. It wont get old

bluepearl
01-03-2002, 08:50 PM
Aw...one of the cast members is leaving? Well, I hope he does well in whatever he's pursuing! Alright, I have to admit that I'm not very good when it comes to brass instruments, so you'll have to specify what Chris does, if he gets a solo spot, or such. I know that there's another Chris in the show (that my mom thinks is so cute) that plays the drums - specifically, in Bolero, he's playing that big drum on the left side of the stage (and is in the blue square during Land of Make Believe).

Dagnabit, now I really wish I had seen that last show! I'll be seeing the full version this Sunday and I can't wait!

GoldenEars
01-03-2002, 11:48 PM
Who is Chris, which one is he that's leaving? Just as long as *my* boys don't leave, I'll be happy, LOL!! And just as a side bar, I was told that the cast of BLAST is living in apartments near where I live. They'll be there until the show ends, Disney is hosting them there. Pretty cool, huh? If I'm lucky, I'll get to see *my* boys at the local grocery store, LOL!

HAPPY 2002!!

ChrisBlastGirl
01-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Okay. in Land of Make Believe he is the blonde french horn player on stage right. he goes in to the audience. He is also the first guy you meet as you exit the theater. does that help??

laura

bluepearl
01-05-2002, 09:44 PM
Laura/ChrisBlastGirl: I believe I know who you're talking about now. I remember him going out into the audience while I was taping the show. Shame he's leaving - but he must be joining the touring cast, right? Is there another Chris that's leaving?

I'm a little disappointed that Kit will be leaving as well. I liked his solo bit in the show - it was pretty amusing and he's such a fantastic drummer. Hopefully I'll see him tomorrow when I go see the full version at the Orange County Performing Arts Center! Last chance to tell him I really love the show and he did a fantastic job!

ChrisBlastGirl
01-05-2002, 09:46 PM
I just know of Chris, Kit and soon the asian drummer will be leaving. chris is leaving to go to NY, Kit and the asian drummer to join the touring cast Kit should be in the touring cast tomorrow. If you would like to talk about them more you are welcome to email me at McCarthybear@aol.com thats the sn i'm on right now.

Laura

bluepearl
01-05-2002, 10:26 PM
Didn't realize that the Asian drummer was leaving too. Shame I won't get to see the last shows of some of the performers.

Laura/ChrisBlastGirl: It was nice talking to you online! I've added you to my buddy list, if you don't mind. Thanks for all that info you've given me!

And I recently saw an advertisement for Blast - though I don't know if it was for the OCPAC production or the one at DCA, because there was a DCA logo in the commercial yet it looked like the touring production.