PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Seatbelt Extensions

BJW
03-15-2005, 12:45 AM
I know in the ten years I worked there I got one guest complaint and it was because I had to tell a guest they could not ride Star Tours because the seatbelt did not fit on them. I did it quietly and so only she heard but she still complained and I think it was because she was embarassed she had to leave.Toursbabe:
Not to change the subject, but I remember several years ago seeing overweight people get seatbelt extensions on Star Tours and I think Rocket Rods as well. Has this changed since on Star Tours? Was there some new safety rule that they had to quit using them?

ToursbabeC3po
03-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Not to change the subject, but I remember several years ago seeing overweight people get seatbelt extensions on Star Tours and I think Rocket Rods as well. Has this changed since on Star Tours? Was there some new safety rule that they had to quit using them?

They kept getting stollen. What they ended up doing is everytime a seatbelt went out or had a problem they replaced it with a longer belt. If you could fit in the seat you would be able to get the belt around you it was really long. It was Aswered prayer let me tell you!!!! At first we had only a few seats with these belts but about a year before I left I think the replaced every belt when a cabin went down for rehab becuase all of them had them.
Toursbabe

marktips
03-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Doesn't Row C (3rd from front) also have only 7 seats which are all wider?

ToursbabeC3po
03-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Doesn't Row C (3rd from front) also have only 7 seats which are all wider?
None of the seats are "wider" but there is more leg room in the front row and the last row (one seat)

marktips
03-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Ah, on Star Tours on this coast row C only has 7 seats and they are wider.

ToursbabeC3po
03-15-2005, 10:11 AM
There is only 7 seats in row "c" here as well but no one ever mentioned to us they were wider. I do know there are a lot of differences from Star Tours at MGM and Star Tours at Disneyland but I don't know if that is one of them.

BJW
03-16-2005, 12:35 PM
They kept getting stollen. Boy people are ungrateful! You'd think they'd respect the fact the park is going out of their way so they can still ride the attraction. That's just low to steal a belt after getting special attention from the CMs.

stan4d_steph
03-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Just splitting out this discussion to its own thread because I think it is useful to others who may not find it in the Maynard thread. :)