PDA

View Full Version : Going mid-October - crowds and weather?

hangten
03-16-2005, 11:58 AM
what is the weather Like ??? We went a couple years ago in March and hit it on some school district day off and some motor home convention or something. It was so crowded four out of our five days. What will be closed for refurbishments??

We are taking the entire family and don't get to go very often and want it to fabulous as possible.

Thank you for your help and info.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
03-16-2005, 12:27 PM
We've gone a few times in October and we love it! (Usually) great weather and (usually) manageable crowds. This year we're going October 20-23. You can check the website for anaheim conventions (anaheimoc.org/conventions) to see if there is anything major coming to town (there is a conference of app. 2800 actuarials convening the weekend we'll be there). You won't know refurbs and closings until you get closer. I'm sure the experts on these boards can tell you a lot more. Have fun planning yor trip!

Wendi
03-16-2005, 12:37 PM
We went last year, Halloween through November 5th. Weather was PERFECT, crowds were non-existant... can't wait to go same time this year!!!

CptJackSparrow
03-16-2005, 01:07 PM
We also went last Nov 2-6 and loved it. No crowds at all on Tuesday. More people as the week went on, but still very little waiting until Saturday. The weather was great--we had to wear a jacket after dark, but the days were great. We are going again this October 10-14 and hope for the same.

sdfilmcritic
03-17-2005, 01:24 AM
Late October is usually time for the early rains to start appearing. Plan for rain, but it may not be a guarantee. I've spent my last two vacations at DLR during the last week of October up to the first week of November. It was definitely cool, but the time spent there for both years were a mix of rain and sunshine throughout the week. So plan for both.

lenzs4
03-17-2005, 05:41 AM
what is the weather Like ??? We went a couple years ago in March and hit it on some school district day off and some motor home convention or something. It was so crowded four out of our five days. What will be closed for refurbishments??

We are taking the entire family and don't get to go very often and want it to fabulous as possible.

Thank you for your help and info.

We go the first two weeks in October - every year because that is my work break schedule. It is cool in the evening (I am from AZ so cool to me may not be cool to you) I need a sweatshirt in the evening because of the water. The days are nice - short sleeves and capris are fine. We have only had rain one day out of 6 years. It is not like the rain in WDW you can stay in the park and have a good time until it stops. Ride lines are 5 -10 minutes or less until about 1PM get fastpasses for the big rides if you want to ride past 1 as the lines get to about 45 minutes +. The only down fall is they run the fireworks and Fantasmic less often than in the summer so you must be there on a weekend to see them. Upside is that the Haunted Mansion make-over is up and great! What is being rehabbed changes each year but I am guessing - not much this year since everything was just rehabbed for the 50th.
Plan a day at the beach - the water is warmer than the air and it is fun! We like Dana beach just outside of LA - I have no idea the directions becasue I do not drive in LA, I am the passenger!! :D We also spend a day in Carlsbad. Quaint whith a nice beach & Legoland if you have little guys - one day is all you need to do the park.