PDA

View Full Version : What's happening now?

Attractions 87
01-02-2002, 09:49 PM
Time for a little backstage scoop (or not).

First, I'm glad that there's actually some good news (possibly). Once upon a time several years ago there was a test program done in which leads got to rate supervisors. I think it was called Golden Circle or something like that. Anyway, unlike us poor CMs, the supervisors got to choose who reviewed them. Well, after a couple tries, the program came crashing down and was cancelled. Why, you ask? Becasue, even though the supervisors got to hand pick who rated them, they STILL got horrible scores. So rather than improve, they just scuttled the review system.

Well, there's talk again of bringing it back. Not just leads reviewing supervisors, but ROs reviewing leads. Now, I'm sure there's a better chance of Eisner caring about Disneyland than this peer review program actually happening, but it's nice to know that at least someone high up likes the idea. I've always said that the CMs, though they talk about money, would rather have the intangibles (appreciation, quality, caring, etc.) and this would go a long way to starting that.

Of course, this is Disneyland, so quality and caring son't exist, which brings us to:

No Captain EO. Seems the theater can't support it. All the EO technolegy is gone.

No America the Beautiful. Costs too much to make new prints of the film. I'm juts telling you what they tell me.

Cosmic Waves going to Yesterdayland. I'm kinda skeptical about this one. But latest word is that the matting costs too much to maintain. (Doesn't anyone think about these things when they approve the project???) So the ball stays and the rest gets paved over.

Lastly, it's time to talk takeover again. That brilliant genius Michael Eisner has so racked up debt for the company with his oh-so-intelligent moves like buying ABC and Fox Family for far more than they were worth and the DCA debacle that now companies are beginning to look at Disney as a possible takeover target. Realistically, Disney is still too big to mess with, but still... Another blunder by Eisner/Pressler could sink the once unsinkable ship.

Tha's all for now. Happy speculating!

Attractions 87

Nigel2
01-02-2002, 09:54 PM
So we will have a ball like WDW's Tland, but ours will be bigger and run all the time (they had to shut if off this summer due to the drought). But I was right, CV was just a rumor. Oh well, how many years till the next rennovation?

Morrigoon
01-02-2002, 10:09 PM
I can't believe Eisner doesn't see this one coming and gracefully "move on to new challenges"

Ace
01-03-2002, 01:33 PM
they bought Fox Family....how utterly sad....the only thing on that channel is.... sorry. I thought there was something.....but I was wrong. They paid like 500 million for it right???

2CN
01-03-2002, 11:01 PM
At least they are planning a whole new lineup for the now ABC Family station.