PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland lockers?

Wendi
03-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Just a quick question about the lockers in Disneyland, or outside the gates, I think there are some near the picnic area. Just in case it takes longer than anticipated to get from LAX to my hotel... if I went straight to DLR with my carry-on (not a big suitcase or anything) how big are the lockers? I'm already so eager to get there!!! hahaha

MrsG
03-16-2005, 11:04 AM
The only lockers I've seen will not fit any kind of suitcase. Sorry Wendi, I think you are going to have to wait just a bit longer to get into the park. Most hotels will hold your suitcases at the bell desk if your room is not ready.

Andrew
03-16-2005, 11:05 AM
There are three rental points outside the parks. Of these, two are inside [Disneyland entrance and DCA entrance] and one is outside security [picnic area]. These lockers are all larger than those found inside the parks, but I don't have the actual dimensions for you.

Lani
03-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Wendi -- depending on the size of your carry-on (I assume it's a rolling upright), there are a small handful of lockers that will fit your luggage. There are two locations outside of the parks: One between Guest Services and the restrooms on the left as you face the entrance to Disneyland (it used to be right near the picnic area until they blocked direct access; the picnic area is outside of the security perimeter now). The other locker area is on the other side of the Esplanade, nearer Disney's California Adventure park. In addition, there is a small bank of lockers in the picnic area itself, and I believe some of them may fit your carry-on.

Wendi, do you plan on checking into a hotel later that day? If so, you might seriously consider checking in anyway, even if it's very early in the morning. They might not have your room ready for you, but you can take care of all your paperwork, and then leave all your luggage with the bell desk. This way you can go directly from the airport to your hotel, without having to schlep your luggage around.

Also, don't forget that because the bulk of the locker rooms are inside the security perimeter, you will need to have the contents of your luggage inspected by Disney! And as much as I don't care for the TSA security checks at airports, at least they have metal-detector conveyor belts on which to put your bags; at Disneyland, it's ALL visual inspection, dahlink. Oy vey!

SarahJanet
03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Have the security checkpoints changed in the last few years? It seems that they have, since I hear about it in a different context than I was thinking of them. Where are the checkpoints and how do they work?

Andrew
03-16-2005, 12:16 PM
There are now security checkpoints on the east and west entrances to the Esplanade--the plaza between Disneyland and DCA. The picnic area has been designated as "outside" security, so the passthrough from the picnic area to the nearby restrooms and lockers has been closed.

Wendi
03-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm just staying one night, so it wouldn't be a big bag at all. I know I can leave it at the hotel, it's not a matter of getting there before check-in time (which I will definitely be doing) it's a matter of getting to Disneyland first thing in the morning when they open. I guess even if it takes an extra half an hour I should just go to the hotel first then, huh?