PDA

View Full Version : What's the Burbank airport like?

CoasterChickie
03-16-2005, 07:45 AM
The Southwest air deal flies from San Jose to Burbank or Ontario ...

Is the Burbank airport closer to DL?

bluepearl
03-16-2005, 07:54 AM
The Southwest air deal flies from San Jose to Burbank or Ontario ...

Is the Burbank airport closer to DL?
I'd say that Ontario is closer to DL than Burbank. I live about 9 miles away from the Burbank airport, and my drive is a little over 40 miles from home. However, I have a friend who lives in Ontario, close to the airport, and that drive is around 20-25 minutes from the resort. And depending on what time you get in, the traffic might be better.

Holding@Kanga
03-16-2005, 07:55 AM
The Ontario Airport is closer to DL then Burbank.
Burbank is alot smaller then Ontario. The Burbank airport doesnt use jet ways the use air stairs that they roll out to the plane(so all carry on luggage must be carried down stairs).

Personally I prefer the Ontario Airport, its bigger, newer a easy to get around. From my experience there is hardly ever traffic, and there will be a whole lot more choices as far as flights in and out of there.

bradk
03-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Burbank is further away than LAX. I believe SS is $60 or so one way, a cab will probably run $80-$100.

Darkbeer
03-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Distance to the DLR from the Airport, closest first...

1. John Wayne/Orange County
2. Long Beach
3. Ontario
4. LAX/Los Angeles International
5. Bob Hope/Burbank

bradk
03-16-2005, 08:50 AM
or as i like to refer to it, SLOB (SNA / LGB / ONT / BUR) with LAX in the mix for good measure.

sediment
03-16-2005, 09:02 AM
On the positive side for Burbank is that Southwest opens two doors, so park yourself in the back of the plane and get off quicker.
Of course, Southwest/Burbank regulars know this already.

It would be better to rent a car from Burbank, I think. No freeway changes.

meagee
03-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Where do you get all your information? Any special web sites or books that you use? For someone who has never been to DL, you are certainly one of the go-to people for info!

bradk
03-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Where do you get all your information? Any special web sites or books that you use? For someone who has never been to DL, you are certainly one of the go-to people for info!

well thanks, i almost feel like i should pay you for that one. it all sort of depends on the type of information. i've read all of david koenig's books, the official guide to disneyland (which i don't recommend) and the unofficial guide (which i kind of do). website-wise, i actually rely on google mostly (i'm a researcher more than anything else), but as far as particular sites go, i can point to this one as being a wealth of knowledge (i check for new articles every day), intercotwest, visionsfantastic and mousesavers are great sources, but bottom line is i'm blessed/cursed with a very good memory and of course very excited about stepping foot on DLR land, so it's a good incentive to want to learn more. I'm a firm believer in doing everything right and thorough so there are no regrets later on. more than anything else, it's a learning process for me.

Crazy4DL
03-16-2005, 10:50 AM
well thanks, i almost feel like i should pay you for that one. I too, once again, want to say you rock when it comes to accurate, impartial (mostly) ;) advice. Always always read your posts to make sure I don't miss any important piece of info - thanks, rrazey

Holding@Kanga
03-16-2005, 02:15 PM
I was a Flight Attendant for SWA for two years so I know the ins and outs of the local airports along with SWA operations.(thats were I draw my knoweledge from). :)

The Mouse Is Back
03-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Actually, it's now called the Bob Hope Airport (although I'm sure on tickets and schedules it's still referred to as Burbank, since that's where it is).

It has a nice kind of small-townish feel to it. Not very modern, but it tends to be uncrowded and you're in and out of there really quick.

-Allegra-

sdfilmcritic
03-17-2005, 01:16 AM
The Burbank is a concrete jungle with giant metal birds flywing around making very loud squaking noises. ;)