PDA

View Full Version : Elaborate 50th AP Mailer and Matt letter...

Pages : [1] 2

Doodle Duck
03-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Looks to me like we are all welcome and appreciated again as GUESTS.
Once again Matt Oimet hits a home run...nice letter.

Also according to a CM at City Hall...personal notes to Matt do get through and are really appreciated.

Doug

itig
03-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Haven't gotten mine yet :(

KarenW2
03-16-2005, 09:38 AM
We got MY PAP newsletter packet on 3-14-05, but haven't received my hubby's yet! :( We only live a little over an hour away from the parks. We both really love the great 50th birthday passport! Just wish it had things to get stamped on the inside for little freebies or something, instead of all the ads for the various things for sale & goings on at the parks for the 50th.

Don't miss the coupon for the FREE birthday-themed mousepad!! I'll have my hubby see about getting mine when he goes to the park tonite, while I'm at my meeting up in OC.

Yeah, the letter was OK. I looked at it more as an invitation to come and spend more money at the parks. As if we'd all need that reminder to do that!! :D

stan4d_steph
03-16-2005, 11:21 AM
I read about this on the website, but I have a feeling I won't be getting anything. I never receive the newsletter or Disney Magazine either.

Wendi
03-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Can you tell us what the elaborate mailer is? I haven't gotten one either. I keep checking the AP website just to see if the newsletter has been updated yet and it still hasn't. I haven't gotten the newsletter in the mail either, but now I want to know about this other mailer too...

disneyperson
03-16-2005, 12:23 PM
haven't received anything, feeling left out.

disney jones
03-16-2005, 12:53 PM
ours came! :D it's a very nice package :) i especially like the Passport. :)

while were gone, we also got a new Disney Direct catalog and another piece of Disney mail.

It's so nice to come home to Disneyland mail after 5 days there.

Doodle Duck
03-17-2005, 07:06 AM
I left out the best part figuring everyone would jump on it and want to post...I guess not...so...

2500 Pass Holders will be invited on property on May 4th...each can bring a guest...so that's D-land for 5,000.

To enter go to Disney AP and register on the page (which most odf you probably already have over time. If you're already registered there, no need to re-reg.

yipee!

bradk
03-17-2005, 07:13 AM
it's actually been mentioned on here twice before (much to the dismay of those who'd like to keep it quiet to greater their chances of winning), but thanks anyway.

merlinjones
03-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Nice overall packet, passport and "classic" Tink campaign, but what's with the HIDEOUS photoshop advertising collages on the calendar pages - - who would hang that stuff up! Let's see something pretty from the most photogenic place on Earth, not icky MBA "art."

experiment626
03-17-2005, 11:40 AM
I just wish they would update the website with the Current newsletter, so I could read it.

yellowrosedtxn
03-17-2005, 11:45 AM
I just wish they would update the website with the Current newsletter, so I could read it.

I second that motion. I e-mailed them and this is what they sent me:

Thank you for your e-mail to the Disneyland Resort.
You will be pleased to know that a new Annual Passport Newsletter, for March through May, has been recently mailed out. You should expect to receive it very soon, if you have not received it already.

We expect to post the new Newsletter on our Annual Passport site very soon.

The Mouse Is Back
03-17-2005, 12:25 PM
It is a nice package, but honestly, I WISH they would be more sensible about
where they use the "Resort" designation. This is the 50th anniversary of Disneyland PARK. It just irks the he11 out of me that *someone* feels the need to refer to DL as "Disneyland Resort". I don't care how small the letters are, it's still there.

On the other hand, they have started offering a lot more merchandise without it, and have abandoned the original plan to make it the official branding on everything.

I won't be buying any anniversary merchandise with that particular logo on it (like they care, LOL), so if you see a brunette picking up something at one of the stores and exclaiming "resort!!! I hate that!!!", be sure to say hello. ;)

-Allegra-

Leap for Joy
03-17-2005, 04:32 PM
We got MY PAP newsletter packet on 3-14-05, but haven't received my hubby's yet!

I got mine today. Do you usually each get one? We only get one copy of the newsletter, and it has my name on it which makes hubby bitter. I think it comes in my name because my AP was processed before his (?). And the free mousepad offer says only one per household! :( DH is in a funk!

TOTFan
03-17-2005, 04:49 PM
I'll never get one

CRS24
03-17-2005, 05:27 PM
I got mine yesterday. VERY NICE :)

spaced mountain guy
03-17-2005, 05:34 PM
got mine on Tuesday. What I liked most was the letter from Matt. Notice how he was actually wearing a nametag. :fez: Doubt Pressler was wearing one, guess it would appear to the cast members that Matt is actually one of them instead of someone who might seem unapproachable.

VickiC
03-17-2005, 07:09 PM
We got one and our APs expired in January. Trying to lure us back? :-)

KarenW2
03-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Hi LfJ,
After I read your note, I realized we only usually get one newsletter between the two of us. Usually it arrives in my hubby's name, but this time it was in mine! Go figure.

I mentioned it to him and he said yeah, that's right. They only send us ONE newsletter for 2 PAPs, but we end up getting THREE copies of the Disney News, because they can never do what we wanted them to do in the first place! That was to add our free years' subscriptions to the ongoing one I've had since before we were married, over 26 years ago!! We've written the magazine several times and we've gotten replies saying they'll take care of it, but they never do!

So I guess we're not waiting for another newsletter packet after all. Just the 50th birthday brick replica, that we ordered last year!! We looked when we were at the park for the MA, but they still haven't installed it yet, even tho it was supposed to have been done in February!

PhilMP
03-17-2005, 11:29 PM
I left out the best part figuring everyone would jump on it and want to post...I guess not...so...

2500 Pass Holders will be invited on property on May 4th...each can bring a guest...so that's D-land for 5,000.

To enter go to Disney AP and register on the page (which most odf you probably already have over time. If you're already registered there, no need to re-reg.

yipee!

Hmmmm...I guess you're camera fodder for all the media that's going to be there on the 4th.

AAARRGGG!!! And this means that I'll actually have to work when the park's supposed to be closed.

Phil

experiment626
03-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Sping AP Newsletter (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_v0200/en_US/ap/APNews.Spring.05.pdf) is now online. If you go direct to the website be warned there is an error in the URL you will need to delete the "a" in front of disneyland

munchkinsmom0003
03-18-2005, 06:38 PM
We got MY PAP newsletter packet on 3-14-05, but haven't received my hubby's yet! :(

Don't hold your breath on getting the newsletter packet. Like "Leap for Joy" said, it's only ONE PER HOUSEHOLD. A CM told me when I contacted the DLR. :mad:

I have issues with that. We have three Premium AP members in our house and I cannot understand why we only get one. We get three Disney Magazines, for goodness sakes. :confused:

Here's another thing. We received the newsletter packet the other day (addressed to my DH) and it didn't have the passport/coupon insert. The resort contacted me back after I left a message and the CM I talked to said that EVERY packet was supposed to have been checked to make sure there was a passport/coupon insert in it. That may be the case, but truly, honestly, I did not find a passport in my packet. He said it was probably my fault or someone in my house's fault...that it was "accidently" thrown away. He basically blew me off.

Gee whiz...it's not my intention to scam the resort, but I was made to feel that way. <<sigh>> I guess that's what I get for paying over 300 dollars each for three PAPs. :(

cstephens
03-20-2005, 10:26 AM
I have issues with that. We have three Premium AP members in our house and I cannot understand why we only get one. We get three Disney Magazines, for goodness sakes. :confused:

Technically, it's written somewhere that you only get one Disney Magazine per household, no matter how many APs there are. Of course, there are only two of us in the house with APs, and we get *three* copies of the Disney Magazine...

disneyperson
03-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Here it is Sunday, and I still haven't got mine. Feeling even more left out.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Don't miss the coupon for the FREE birthday-themed mousepad!! I'll have my hubby see about getting mine when he goes to the park tonite, while I'm at my meeting up in OC.
:D

Does the coupon expire? I was just there, but since we are in AZ for the winter and my neighbor is forwarding my mail, I didn't get my newsletter yet. She must not think that it is important! :mad: