PDA

View Full Version : Grabbing something to eat for breakfast in the parks?

Pages : [1] 2

Fraisie
03-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi !

What would you suggest to get for a quick breakfast in the parks ?

Thanks a lot !

uvsc_wolverine
03-15-2005, 07:26 PM
There are three things that I do. The first (and cheapest) is to stay at a hotel that offers a free continental breakfast. The second is either Denny's or McDonalds - they're both on Harbor Blvd, right outside the gate. The third (and this actually works well for any time you're hungry inside the park) is to get a pastry or something at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street. The bakery has some huge sticky buns and cinnamon rolls that are pretty decently priced (for DL anyway). I've made a whole meal out of a single pastry from the bakery.

RemainSeatedPlease
03-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Churro's!

pisces
03-15-2005, 07:52 PM
The Blueberry Muffins at Blue Ribbon Bakery are very good.

cstephens
03-15-2005, 07:55 PM
I haven't eaten there myself for breakfast, but I hear that breakfast at White Water Snacks is decent and not too expensive.

Niwel
03-15-2005, 08:42 PM
I haven't eaten there myself for breakfast, but I hear that breakfast at White Water Snacks is decent and not too expensive.

quick bagel and cream cheese at whitewater is always yummy

WITron
03-15-2005, 08:53 PM
The Denny's across the street from Disneyland has higher prices and not all the same menu items as a regular Denny's. We like to got to Blue Ribbon Bakery and split a cinnamon roll.

miss_sonja
03-15-2005, 08:56 PM
It's not in the parks, but very very close. La Brea Bakery has great breakfast--the pastries are really excellent and the cooked stuff is good too. Fairly quick and it's the last DTD business so it's right by the park entrances. On our trip before the most recent, we had breakfast there everyday on our way from the DLH to the parks.

MsYumiBr
03-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Le Petit Patisserie in New Orleans. While everyone is stuck in Main Street, hitting the restaurants or their first rides, you can just walk up to New Orleans and get pastry. Or, ride first and then get pastry.

Emma
03-15-2005, 09:51 PM
I absolutely love the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street. I usually go there in the mornings, get a latte and a muffin, or cinnamon roll, or cookie or something, and people watch. :) Such a relaxing way to start the day...

smjoseph
03-15-2005, 10:04 PM
La Brea Bakery is overpriced and often very busy, due to it's location. I've found that the Rainforest Cafe is usually slow in the mornings and serves a good breakfast. I rarely eat breakfast once I get into the park.

princessofpower
03-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Carnation Cafe is a great place to get breakfast in the park (on main street). The prices are reasonable, and since it opens before the rest of the park, you can get breakfast and not miss the rope drop.

SoCalDude
03-15-2005, 10:21 PM
All of you responded so far are carzy!! Have you all forgot about the Mickey Mouse panckaes?!?!?!

geesh!

A trip to DL would not be complete without one of those. THIS is what I suggest.

WITron
03-15-2005, 10:24 PM
I haven't had the MM pancakes. When we go in Dec. we are going to do the princess breakfast, since DD really is into them. I think she will love it.

Wendi
03-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Breakfast Burrito at White Water Snacks! (They have LOTS of other stuff too...)

03-16-2005, 05:18 AM
Breakfast Burrito at White Water Snacks!

Hands-down the best. Gad, I wish I had that recipe ...

sdfilmcritic
03-16-2005, 05:30 AM
I keep forgetting the name of the one restaurant right next door to the Blue Ribbon Bakery. The breakfast there was pretty good. Make sure to get there early in the day before the weight line gets to long.

dlandnut
03-16-2005, 05:54 AM
There are three things that I do. The first (and cheapest) is to stay at a hotel that offers a free continental breakfast. The second is either Denny's or McDonalds - they're both on Harbor Blvd, right outside the gate. The third (and this actually works well for any time you're hungry inside the park) is to get a pastry or something at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street. The bakery has some huge sticky buns and cinnamon rolls that are pretty decently priced (for DL anyway). I've made a whole meal out of a single pastry from the bakery.

Does the Blue Ribbon Bakery offer bagels? (something less sweet) :)

SoCalDisneyLover
03-16-2005, 06:26 AM
Only 1 person has mentioned pancakes so far? The River Belle Terrace is my favorite choice. You get a decent breakfast, and also a view of the river from outside tables, at one of the busiest sections of the park. Lots of good people watching.

itig
03-16-2005, 07:46 AM
This is going to sound totaly Dis-geeky, but I'll be vulnerable amongst friends :)

Morning and breakfast time in general when I'm getting ready to go to DLR is tough for me. The idea of getting trapped in a sit down (Denny's and such) makes me all anxious. I don't like someone else (waiter/waitress) controlling my ability to get to the park on time. I got that exact same tense feeling now just reading this thread (pathetic...eh). It's like I'm a 10 year old or something going on my first trip!

That being said...we usually stay at the Embassy Suites and get up very early to have breakfast before it gets crowded. Don't like to "waste" time in the park sitting and eating breakfast when the lines tend to be shorter.

OK...deep breath...relaxing now... :)

The old man
03-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Morning and breakfast time in general when I'm getting ready to go to DLR is tough for me. The idea of getting trapped in a sit down (Denny's and such) makes me all anxious. I don't like someone else (waiter/waitress) controlling my ability to get to the park on time. I got that exact same tense feeling now just reading this thread (pathetic...eh). It's like I'm a 10 year old or something going on my first trip!Exactly right. I can't wait at a sit down, I have limited vacation time and things I want to do. I've never understood getting into the park and then going for a overpriced sitdown breakfast at the Riverbelle, etc. Unless you are there for a number of days (four or more) and you've got money to burn. Give me a continental at a cheap close-by hotel (BWPPI) and get me to the gates on time (at opening). And let's move it!
David

uvsc_wolverine
03-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Does the Blue Ribbon Bakery offer bagels? (something less sweet) :)

I'm not really sure. My last trip was in October of last year. I don't get there very often. Maybe someone who goes more often can help?

pisces
03-16-2005, 08:27 AM
If you need things fresh, from scratch.....then the only thing you'll like at the Blue Ribbon Bakery is their muffins. I didn't see bagels. Their sandwiches and croissants tasted stale. But the muffins were the same that were served at Storytellers, and very fresh.

If you need good bagels, I suggest you find a deli---something they need badly at Disneyland.

The best delis in Orange County are:

1. Katella Deli-----which is about 5 miles west on Katella in Los Alamitos near the Race Track.

-or-

2. Kaplans Deli-----which is in Costa Mesa, heading south, towards the ocean, on Harbor Blvd near the 405 freeway.

Both those two delis are spectacular, and, really, the only two I know of anywhere near there.

rentayenta
03-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Breakfast Burrito at White Water Snacks! (They have LOTS of other stuff too...)

We had these twice and they are great! You can get them without potato (the potatoes are kinda mushy) and they will put in extra egg and cheese.

Also the Market House on Main St. had good coffee.

The Katella Deli (off site) is fab. I grew up there going there and they have a amazing bagels and a killer bakery.

MrsG
03-16-2005, 08:43 AM
In NOS, near the train station where you can get a mint julip, they serve bagels and cream cheese, but it is only open on the busiest seasons. Otherwise, I go for the RiverBelle breakfast.