PDA

View Full Version : What is the rope drop?

Cherene
03-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Obviously I have never made it for the gates to open up. Is there a special something that happens? Should I drag my 3 year old out of bed for this?

RemainSeatedPlease
03-15-2005, 06:06 PM
they have a rope up at the end of mainstreet near the hub and it "holds back" the crowd until the park is officially open and then they pull it away...which i have not been to for many years now...only at dca did I encounter it..where they tell you not to run, so me and my cousins skiped to screamin..along with the other 20 kids...whew, that was tiring...and now i'am ranting again...I'd say not that worth draggin the 3 year old out of bed..but it's kinda neat to be there for it at least once :D

kristen
03-15-2005, 09:16 PM
don't run? Yeah, right! huh...i mean...uh,...yeah, of coures, right....woops...hehe

WITron
03-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Yeah, don't run. Just walk VERY fast. ;)

RemainSeatedPlease
03-15-2005, 10:00 PM
taking really big skips is pretty fast...more of a workout than jogging i'd say!

Wendi
03-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Skip... definitely skip!!! How can you not skip when they're playing ZippiDeeDooDah (sp?)... come on, just try not to!

evrythngwmn
03-15-2005, 10:56 PM
I've worked the rope drop. I think it's kind of neat. We actually take the rope down one minute before the actual opening. I find it kind of a power trip. You've got this throng of people who are basically ready to make a break for it only staying because you say so. Some people have gotten mouthy. I just remind them that it would be kind of a waste of their money to get kicked out before the park actually opens.

I even once had a cast member get snotty with me before the CM Holiday party in the park. I let him know that my manager was standing about five feet away from me and considering that this was a work event he would probably face some kind of discipline besides probably getting booted out.

I myself am not a morning person. Were it not for me being there for work, I probably will never get up early enough to be on the other side of the rope.

Pascomom
03-16-2005, 01:24 PM
they have a rope up at the end of mainstreet near the hub and it "holds back" the crowd until the park is officially open and then they pull it away...which i have not been to for many years now...only at dca did I encounter it..where they tell you not to run, so me and my cousins skiped to screamin..along with the other 20 kids...whew, that was tiring...and now i'am ranting again...I'd say not that worth draggin the 3 year old out of bed..but it's kinda neat to be there for it at least once :D

We were at a rope drop once (with a toddler in a stroller) and is was really cool. As soon as it dropped, we headed to Critter Country via Frontier Land. It was really cool to see the park empty in the distance, I even got video of it. But, behind us was a stampeed! It is something to experience. Question: What about an EE morning, the same?

bradk
03-16-2005, 01:31 PM
What about an EE morning, the same?

no rope drop for EE. EE is only for fantasyland and takes place an hour before the rope drop for the rest of the park (and fantasyland for those that don't have EE)

Opus1guy
03-16-2005, 02:06 PM
What is the rope drop?

Sounds like a hangin' to me! :)

DisneyDustin22
03-16-2005, 04:40 PM
I probably was one of the few who experienced the jaw drop. was at the park a few years back and Hef and the bunnies, yup Hef as in the playboy himself was trotting about with a handful of his girlfriends and you could see every man's jaw drop as they passed by. I think that also coincided with the backhand drop, for every woman with a man that day backhanded her man across the jaw when they walked by. :)