PDA

View Full Version : When does DCA open... for reals

Poster_SF
03-15-2005, 01:32 PM
I am going on 4/15, and head the park may open a half hour before its official 10am opening...true?

Also, any fun snacks to try in that park?

bradk
03-15-2005, 01:46 PM
when the park opens at 10 (which is pretty much all the time), you can get access to soarin' (and maybe TOT) starting at 9:30a.

bluepearl
03-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Haha, at first I thought this was a tongue-in-cheek post about DCA opening. :lol: Am I the only one who thought that?

Hm... favorite snacks... I always like to check out the Bakersfield Bakery to see if they have anything particularly scrumptious-looking. And I also like the chocolate churros, where the chocolate taste is oh-so-subtle.

CrazyTrain
03-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Corn dogs!
Ok, they're not quite a snack...

Free tortilla and bread on those two tours.

Hakuna Makarla
03-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Haha, at first I thought this was a tongue-in-cheek post about DCA opening. :lol: Am I the only one who thought that?

Hm... favorite snacks... I always like to check out the Bakersfield Bakery to see if they have anything particularly scrumptious-looking. And I also like the chocolate churros, where the chocolate taste is oh-so-subtle.

LOL! me to! after hearinf so many here say they hate the place I thought this was a snid remark :)

kbanmen
03-15-2005, 04:33 PM
when the park opens at 10 (which is pretty much all the time), you can get access to soarin' (and maybe TOT) starting at 9:30a.

Usually you only get access to soarin., not tot...

bradk
03-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Usually you only get access to soarin., not tot...

ridemax suggests TOT is possible, that's why i wrote the maybe clause, but i haven't seen anyone validate that claim. i'll just stop mentioning it.

DCACM
03-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Gates open at 9:30, access to Sunshine Plaza and Condor Flats only (Soarin' is open).

Rope drop at 10:00 (offical park opening time).

Hope this helps.

nvmom
03-15-2005, 06:41 PM
The corn dogs were excellent. I've also heard good things about White Water Snacks inside the Grand Californian. We tried to go, but it closes at 7 pm.

nvmom

MrsG
03-15-2005, 06:46 PM
And I also like the chocolate churros, where the chocolate taste is oh-so-subtle.
Chocolate churros!? Chocolate churros?! Now these may be a churro I like! Where are they?

AlohaJulie
03-17-2005, 11:11 AM
DCA used to have churros rolled in a chocolate powder instead of the cinammon sugar, but now they only have the regular churros with either chocolate or caramel dip.

sdfilmcritic
03-17-2005, 11:50 PM
DCA used to have churros rolled in a chocolate powder instead of the cinammon sugar, but now they only have the regular churros with either chocolate or caramel dip.Chocolate dipped churros is the Spanish way of doing it. And it does sound tasty. I remember my high school Spanish teacher was telling our class about her trip to Spain and dipping her churros into a really thick chocolate sauce. It sounds good.