PDA

View Full Version : Is the castle fading? or planned that way

olegc
03-15-2005, 11:55 AM
I entered the park around 10:10 am this morning. strolling down Main Street I looked towards the castle and the sun was striking it at a good angle. Then I noticed something...

the parts of walls closest to the stonework and gold accents looked almost orange instead of pink. Kind of like someone threw some yellow into that paint. And, as you went up the turrets, the paint got lighter - to the point where the paint at the top portion of the highest turret seems to have completely faded to it's previous state prior to painting.

So - now I wonder. Is this intended to ensure the "forced perspectice" aspect of the castle is enhanced (to make it look taller than it really is)? Or is it possible that they did not use UV protected paint when refurbishing the castle and it's already taken a significant hit from the sun?

Thoughts anyone?

tod
03-15-2005, 12:02 PM
I remember when the new paint job was unveiled and I thought it was too intense.

It's mellowing nicely now.

--t

nsyncitnd1787
03-15-2005, 01:50 PM
i think it's fading... that intense Anaheim sun can do some damage to the pain. that's why they have to pain the building and other things darker/ brighter than they want them so that way they can get away with not painting them every year, instead every other year (well, lets hope CM Matt makes them pain everything more often than Cynthia's team did!)

fjhuerta
03-15-2005, 04:19 PM
It's fading... everything fades under Anaheim's sun. Some things turn out to be a nice shade, though.

Disneyfreak
03-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Told you the colors would calm down. :)