PDA

View Full Version : "Remember..." soft opening/preview??

Tyuasd
03-15-2005, 09:29 AM
Sorry if this question has already been asked, I looked for a thread, but didn't find one.

The WDW weekly park update said they would have a "soft opening" for their Cinderellabration show. That made me wonder if anyone has heard any rumors about a soft opening/testing for the "Remember, Dreams Come True" fireworks show at DL occuring sometime this April?

I know they are planning on showing the "Fantasy in the Sky" show during spring break later this month. Is there any chance that some of thiose days they could test the new show instead, or maybe try it out sometime after spring break is over?

sediment
03-15-2005, 09:32 AM
I don't think so. That show can be "soft-opened" after hours. Guests aren't really required.

SoCalDude
03-15-2005, 09:41 AM
I don't think so. That show can be "soft-opened" after hours. Guests aren't really required.

true, but do you think they would waste the money and do it when there were no guests in the park? And do you think they would set them off AFTER the park closes - I am sure the people living in the area would love the noise even later than normal.

bradk
03-15-2005, 09:57 AM
the fireworks themselves, they wouldn't do in the park, even after hours, since they'd be visible from outside. even tinkerbell and the other effects are questionable. my guess is somewhere out in area 51, there's a replica disneyland that they test everything out in.

anyway, i wouldn't expect everything to be flawless on may 5, but if a firework misfires, nobody's going to know. i think for all intensive purposes, may 5 is the soft opening of the fireworks with july 17 being the grand opening.

the real question is are they going to do them for those who are able to visit on may 4?

marktips
03-15-2005, 10:09 AM
They do test fireworks after hours - it happens every so often. WDW does it a lot because they go through fireworks quickly with all the nightly shows and to keep costs down they try new styles and effects. So, after hours be not out of the question.

The flight will almost certainly get rehearsed. Cinderbrelleration got about 2 weeks worth of after-park-hours rehearsals on the stage itself, so I figure about a week's worth of test flights for Tink.

Tyuasd
03-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Maybe the reprise of Fantasy in the Sky will contain the new (Remember) Tinkerbell effects??

englishdisneylandfan
03-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Maybe the reprise of Fantasy in the Sky will contain the new (Remember) Tinkerbell effects??
dont think they'd spoil the surprise before may 5th