PDA

View Full Version : Easter and Spring Break Week - When to go

msigler
03-15-2005, 07:44 AM
I will be visiting family in the Southern California area starting March 25th - March 31st. I will only get to visit Disneyland for one day and that day could either be Easter Sunday or the Monday after. If you had to pick out of those two days what day would be the best to go.

I have two children who are 6 and 4. We have visited the park in the past if that makes any difference.

Thanks your help.

Melissa

bradk
03-15-2005, 07:47 AM
i would probably lean towards easter. the avid churchgoers probably aren't riding the matterhorn anytime soon that day.

sediment
03-15-2005, 09:30 AM
It will be busy nearly every day during your trip. Opening rope drop will be best on any day, but even on Good Friday many schools have the day off. It will be busy by noon, too busy for me.

JSKoehler
03-15-2005, 10:25 AM
We will be at DLR Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of Easter Week and are expecting large crowds each day based on indications that I am getting (for example, a car rental agency reporting no availability of any kind of car for the time period we will be there -- I have a reservation already, but was hoping for a better deal). I agree with the prior statements that Sunday may be less crowded, if you can be there before the opening. I think later in the day it may pretty crowded, perhaps even more so than Monday, but only slightly.

CoasterChickie
03-15-2005, 10:32 AM
I also think Sunday would be less crowded than Monday , at least in the morning while the locals are at church. Then it might get really crazy in the afternoon!

BooBooFett
03-15-2005, 12:00 PM
We used to go every Easter Sunday because the place was EMPTY in the morning. Not in recent years though. I'd still vote for Sunday - as early as possible. Do the Fantasyland rides (Peter Pan etc) first (and the new Astro Blasters in Tomorrowland) and save Pirates and Haunted Mansion (fast lines) for the afternoon when crowds are heavier. Make use of Fast Passes and have FUN!!!

If heat and/or crowds start to wear the family out, head over to the cool shade of Critter Country, ride Winnie the Pooh and check out the huge assortment of candy apples next door!

If crowds really are awful, you might try CA instead - Bug's Life area and the Disney Playhouse are both great for little ones.