PDA

View Full Version : Change in Retail Policy?

sdfilmcritic
03-15-2005, 04:23 AM
Many years ago I remember trying out the retail service of package delivery. When a guest purchases an item from any store within the park the item(s) can be sent to the "newspaper stand" at the front of the park or directly to the hotel room if the guest is staying at one of the Disney owned hotels. Recently my sister wanted an item sent to the newspaper stand at the front of the park so she wouldn't have to carry it all day. The retail CM had no clue what my sister was talking about. The CM asked a co-worker about it and the other person informed my sister that she would have to deliver the items to the front herself and drop the items off.

They used to deliver it for the guest. Has there been a change in the retail policy, or was the two CMs misinformed?

bradk
03-15-2005, 04:34 AM
that's how it is now unfortunately. i think it was called 'package express' or something to that effect. right now, only guests of the resort hotels can have their purchases delivered to their hotels for them.

sdfilmcritic
03-15-2005, 04:37 AM
that's how it is now unfortunately. i think it was called 'package express' or something to that effect. right now, only guests of the resort hotels can have their purchases delivered to their hotels for them.Another "DLR conspiracy" discovered. :sigh:

AVP
03-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Has there been a change in the retail policy, or was the two CMs misinformed?This changed three years ago - you can read about it in this article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer020225.htm).

AVP

sdfilmcritic
03-15-2005, 06:15 AM
Just goes to prove when the last time I did my DLR shopping.

MrsG
03-15-2005, 06:55 AM
I know of at least one store (Pioneer Merchantile in Frontierland) that you can leave you package at THAT store and you can pick it up at the end of the day at that store.

Opus1guy
03-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Perhaps Package Express was cutting down locker rental revenue?

;)

marktips
03-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Perhaps if ones comes in to buy stuff as an AP, they've said time and again they don't ride rides while they're there - Disney listened, and figured they'd not offer a useless service since APs jsut shop and don't ride rides thus justifying their uber-low ticket prices. *removes tongue from cheek*