PDA

View Full Version : Amazingly long trip report

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

rentayenta
03-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Hi all! Like my last report, this will come in increments.

I have to say that I had an awesome time and met some great people! :D

The trip was in part what I expected and held some surprises too.

The CC family was as wonderful as ever and I have found kindred spirits in Christiii and Mukta. Don't let Christiii fool you; she might wear a lot of pink, but she ain't no angel. ;)

Day 1: SLC to LGB-Thursday, March 10.

My flight left at 6:25 am. I was sitting by the fire in the GCH by 8:30 am. I was very tired that first morning because I had had about 3 hours of sleep the night before. The park was to open at 10:00 am and since I had never made it for the rope drop, it was a must do. Before heading to DL, I made the walk to the PPH. I wanted to check it out for our trip this December. The walk wasn't bad at all, very doable. I talked with a very sweet CM at the front desk about how the hotel looks during the holidays and decided that it will be a great place to stay for our December trip.

The wait to get into DL was minimal. I bought a vanilla coffee from The Market House on Main Street (love the free refills all day) and browsed the shops.

Before my trip I was so excited about strolling on Main Street alone. To be perfectly honest, it was bittersweet. I loved being there and the parked looked wonderful but I missed my family terribly. I wanted to share it with them. It was an odd feeling that would soon pass. I can say though, that I wouldn't want to do the park alone for more than a few hours because I learned that my friends and family are part of the Disney magic. :)

To be continued......

rentayenta
03-15-2005, 05:50 AM
Day 1 continued..

Disneyland was sparkling! I was eager to ride some of my favorites. The park was empty and relaxing. CC and Christiii were supposed to be there by about noon so I figured I would just have a small bite to eat and then we could have lunch together. That was the last small bite I would eat as Christiii and I had food stuffed in our face the entire trip.

I rode POTC, HM, IASW, and The Matterhorn. It was surreal riding alone. I have literally never been to Disneyland alone. I was a little sad.

The girls called and were in the shuttle. I was going to meet them at the lobby of the DLH. By this time I was starving so I stopped at the Taquieria(sp?) in DTD. I figured they hadn't eaten either so I ordered three of the chicken tacos plates. The food is really inexpensive there. It was less than $10 for the three of us which is makes their tacos, less than the chicken tacos at Taco Bell. Unheard of at a Disney property.

I met the CC and Christiii in the lobby. I already knew CC but hadn't met Christiii. I realized, as I saw them, that I would be meeting many new people over the weekend. I was a little anxious. CC was sweet as ever. Christiii was very cool too. She was wearing the cutest little Mickey Mouse toe ring. Little did she know, that ring would be mine. :~D

Our room was ready. We got two connecting rooms; one for the boys and one for the girls. We sat on the bed, ate, and got accquainted. I immediatley knew that this was going to be a fun weekend!

We freshened up and headed for Disneyland. Somehow we ended up at The Uva Bar. ;) We ordered a round of drinks. Do not go there for a cheap drink-yikes!!! Six drinks costed us $60 including the tip :rolleyes:. Just as we were finishing up Christiii got a call from Deogee'sMom. We met up with her and she was sweet. We all headed into Disneyland...........

sdfilmcritic
03-15-2005, 05:55 AM
I rode POTC, HM, IASW, and The Matterhorn. It was surreal riding alone. I have literally never been to Disneyland alone. I was a little sad.You have never done a solo Disney trip before? After the first few times you get used to it. A few more times you might actually enjoy not having anyone trying to change your set pace for the day. Going stag at DLR can be interesting and less stressful sometimes. But I must admit that with all the solo trips to DLR that I have taken I also get lonely at the parks. :(

Susan L
03-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Sounds like you had a good time so far :D

tlovesdis
03-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Before heading to DL, I made the walk to the PPH. I wanted to check it out for our trip this December. The walk wasn't bad at all, very doable. I talked with a very sweet CM at the front desk about how the hotel looks during the holidays and decided that it will be a great place to stay for our December trip.

Hey Rent! When we were at the resort in December we went to PP to have the Lilo and Stitch breakfast. The christmas decorations are adorable. There is a huge tree in the lobby decorated in blues and greens with an underwater theme. I have a pic somewhere. When I find it I can email it to you if you'd like!

disneyhound
03-15-2005, 06:55 AM
...I can say though, that I wouldn't want to do the park alone for more than a few hours because I learned that my friends and family are part of the Disney magic. :)...
I completely relate to what you wrote, I have never been to DL by myself, I don't think I ever will! :)

Hakuna Makarla
03-15-2005, 06:56 AM
ummmmmmmmmmm yeah, please continue I am loving this thread and hearing all about your trip!! I am also glad you are back home again!!! I missed you so much!! I emailed coaster, did you get my email ?

AnnaBanana
03-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Welcome back! Glad you had a good time! :)

rentayenta
03-15-2005, 06:59 AM
sdfilm, I have never done a solo trip before.

The security check point was the same as always.

We stopped on Christiii's brick to make a wish. We did this everytime before going into DL through the main gate.

After entering through the left tunnel we stopped by City Hall to get birthday stickers. My birthday had passed but the girls insisted that I get a sticker. Deogee'sMom got a sticker too.

On to Main Street. I love walking down Main Street. Entrance into the park via the Monorail is fast but not as magical IMHO.

Over the course of this trip we rode so many rides that the days seem to blend together so I can't give precise ride details. We were to meet DisneyJones later that afternoon in front of Indy, which we did. He looks just like his avatar and was easy to spot. His girls are darling and friendly. He is a nice guy.

We had ressies for The Blue Bayou at 6:20. DJones took Zoe to ride BTMRR while we watched Syd. We looked over The Blue Bayou menu which in all honesty didn't look great for the price. We decided to hit The French Market instead. We had no way to get a hold of DJones to let him we had left the Blue Bayou and we didn't want him to worry when he returned and couldn't find us. We booked over to The French Market and came back with our food and sat at a table near the BB, all the while our eyes peeled for DJones. We ordered everything :D. Christiii and I shared food throughout the whole trip which allowed us to graze constantly and try everything. Between the five us our table was full. Me, Christiii, and Deogee'sMom had the fried chicken, CC had the clam chowder and a salad, and Syd had the mac n cheese. We were stressed about missing DJones. An hour had gone by and no sign of DJones. CC was very worried-she is very sweet! Christiii and I took Syd on Pooh and then into the candy shop. Christiii bought her suckers and she was missing her daddy. As we were leaving Critter Country we spotted CC, Deogee'sMom, Zoe, and DJones coming our way. DJones informed us that he and Zoe had decided to ride a few more rides; I wish he would have told us before so we could have enjoyed our dinner more and rode a few rides with Syd. I learned that even without my kids around, that I can not turn off the mommy mode. Worrying comes with parent territory.

To be continued.........

rentayenta
03-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Hey Rent! When we were at the resort in December we went to PP to have the Lilo and Stitch breakfast. The christmas decorations are adorable. There is a huge tree in the lobby decorated in blues and greens with an underwater theme. I have a pic somewhere. When I find it I can email it to you if you'd like!

Tina, that would be great! I will PM you, my email addy.

rentayenta
03-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Day 1 continued.....

I remember that before dinner CC, Christiii, Deogee'sMom (DM), and I rode Peter Pan. That is still the coolest ride evah!!

After, it was close to closing, we headed out. We walked DM to the tram station and then we headed for the DLH. We were all pretty tired. Christiii got in her jammies while CC and I suited up and headed to the pool. DJones was down there with his girls waiting for us.

We sat in the jacuzzi with Zoe for a bit. I headed up and CC stayed. A little bit later CC came back with Zoe. Zoe stayed the night with us and DJones took Syd back to the beach.

Somehow Zoe ended up in the bed alone and Christiii was on the cot/couch/hard as a rock MASH bed. CC slept in DH's room so guess who was in mommy mode? Moi.

Day 2-Friday, March 11.............

I slept well. The next morning CC and one of the twins took Zoe down to the GCH to meet DJones and get us breakfast burritos. There was a miss communication because CC returned with Zoe, unable to locate DJones. Zoe is a great little girl and adapts very well.

Christiii and I layed in bed and ate like fat piggies. You will see this reoccurring theme throughout the trip. ;)

Before heading into the parks we met Sally and her mom in the lobby of the DLH. They were going to stay at The Anabella but decided to stay at the DLH instead. Sally was very nice as was her mom. Her mother had worry written all over her face. I can totally relate to that.

CC found DJones and we decided to head into Disneyland. The rest of the CC clan had arrived, late the night before, and it was nice having them there. I cannot say how much I like their family. CC and Javanod have the most awesome kids!

We played in the park for a while and I am sure Christiii and I ate everything in sight.

We headed back to room about 4:00 to relax and get ready for Hook's. Sally stayed with DJones and his girls.

CC played bartendar and made me a double cosmo. I drank a few (read 6 :eek: ) Bloody Mary's. We met with the others. The details are a bit blurry. ;)

I got to meet Marox. I love her and her family. Her kid is a riot. Her hubby is very sweet. You know when you meet someone and just click? That's how I feel about Marox. :)

Crazy train and her friends were there but were far away so I only got to say hi. Sally wasn't feeling well and she and her mother left early.

The general concensus was that Hook's food and service was okay, not great. Maybe if I hadn't eaten 20 olives from my Bloody Mary's I would have eaten more food ;) .

Darkbeer took mega pictures and I can just imagine how sober I look :eek: . Not really. :D

After Hook's we headed back to our room and laughed for hours. Joke after joke, my sides hurt from laughing.

To be continued............

Edited to add: Christiii stole us the cutest gift bags from her store in Loadie ;) . They had BillyBob teeth, pixie dust, teas, potporri, lipgloss, crowns and other goodies. She is the most generous mean person you will ever meet :D !

Earkid
03-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Welcome back Yenta, I'm enjoying your reports!!

rentayenta
03-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Welcome back Yenta, I'm enjoying your reports!!

Thanks Earkid! It really was such a fun trip. I know I am forgetting so much and trying to forget so much :eek: .

MrsG
03-15-2005, 08:51 AM
I rode POTC, HM, IASW, and The Matterhorn. It was surreal riding alone. I have literally never been to Disneyland alone. I was a little sad.
Whenever I go alone, hubby always asks me which rides I went on. He is surprised when I say none. Going on rides by yourself is a little sad, I agree. But I love the rest of the time - shopping, walking around and people watching, eating what you want, when you want.

SallySkellington
03-15-2005, 09:01 AM

I got the same feeling when I ventured out alone. It's more fun to ride with friends! (That way, you can tick off and get shushed by sour women for talking on POTC. ;) )

CoasterChickie
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Christiii and I layed in bed and ate like fat piggies. You will see this reoccurring theme throughout the trip. ;)

Every time Javanod saw you two laying in bed eating and cackling away he called you "The Spinster Sisters!!" :D

I had forgotten that the first night we were there, Christii was on the day bed and Zoe was in the queen bed all alone. I think we thought we were going to put the twins in bed with her too since they are all little. But then
only Courtney slept with her and Brittany went in the other room and slept in the other daybed. I only got up in the middle of the night and went in and slept with my hubby because you wouldn't get off of my side of the bed!!!

I did actually find Disney Jones before I came back up to the room with everyone's breakfast. I thought he was gonna be in the lobby of the Storyteller's Cafe not the GCH.

The next night didn't Christii end up sleeping with you, Courtney had the other queen bed all to herself and Zoe was on the MASH bed? Brittany and I were still in the other room because DLF and his cousin hadn't arrived yet. Yes, yes, I know ...you're never gonna let me live it down that you had to babysit even though I was the one who offered to let her stay there. I'll tell you what...if you and Michael come to Santa Cruz, I'll babysit your kids for you one night and you can go stay at a nice hotel together!! :)

CoasterChickie
03-15-2005, 09:21 AM
I got the same feeling when I ventured out alone. It's more fun to ride with friends! (That way, you can tick off and get shushed by sour women for talking on POTC. ;) )

Or play with their luxurious hair if you're sitting behind them!!! :)

I hope Deogge's mom has forgiven me for throwing water in her face when we rode POTC...it really was intended for Christi! and renta!! :D

SallySkellington
03-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Or play with their luxurious hair if you're sitting behind them!!! :)

Or tickle their neck and put ice cubes down their shirt. :p

Hakuna Makarla
03-15-2005, 09:44 AM
oh my you guys sounded like crazy gals! you threw water in doeggsmoms face! LOL! I hear she is onesweat gal so I bet she is alright with it LOL!

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
03-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Really enjoying the report, Renta. And I know what you mean about missing your kids--when I went to DL with 2 girlfriends (also Moms) a while back we had a fantastic time, but also reflected a lot about how much our girls (we have 9 between us) would enjoy it. I agree--the HPOE is best shared (but not necessarily by pushing a double stroller).

Hakuna Makarla
03-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Ok, come on renta I am so anxious to hear more, girl you are hilarious! " karla taps foot" ok so go on
"Karla is now rocking back and forth saying she will write more she will write more have patience".................................................. ..

rentayenta
03-15-2005, 10:18 AM
The next night didn't Christii end up sleeping with you, Courtney had the other queen bed all to herself and Zoe was on the MASH bed? Brittany and I were still in the other room because DLF and his cousin hadn't arrived yet. Yes, yes, I know ...you're never gonna let me live it down that you had to babysit even though I was the one who offered to let her stay there. I'll tell you what...if you and Michael come to Santa Cruz, I'll babysit your kids for you one night and you can go stay at a nice hotel together!! :)

I will get into detail later but let's just say sweet little Coaster invited Zoe to stay over but Renta got to play mommy. I think everyone here will remember me saying that I had every intention of playing the single yet celebate gal, not the single mom :~D . You'd be cackling too!

Hakuna Makarla
03-15-2005, 10:31 AM
ha ha ha , well who's idea was it to baby sit? ok, I am telling you all now when I go to the park I am not taking any kids younger then 8 with me, I got enough at home!!
Also kids love me because I am fat and squeezy as my son calls it. Babys love the big boobs :)and being cuddled ( my mom always said babys hate bony shoulders :) ) and older kids love me because I treat them like mimi adults and they love that. ( clean talk only) Like they can relate to me you know what I mean.
I am young at heart when i am excited about something!! ok I am done LOL!

Crazy4DL
03-15-2005, 10:35 AM
On to Main Street. I love walking down Main Street. Entrance into the park via the Monorail is fast but not as magical IMHO.

To be continued.........

Just yesterday I was thinking the exact same thing - we used the Monorail entrance when we stayed at the PPH but it is not as magical, imho also. Main Street is my favorite part of DL - that and having my family with me. I completely understood when you described your feelings as you walked down the street without your family. Glad all your friends - new and old - were there shortly and sounds like you all had a blast. Enjoying reading your trip report - thanks, rrazey

rentayenta
03-15-2005, 11:11 AM
CC~I will take you up the babysitting in Santa Cruz offer if you promise not to pawn my kids off on the poor twins ;) .

Okay, where am I?

Day 3, Saturday, March, 12. MA picnic day.

Couple my Bloody Mary feast with the fact that I was up all night with Zoe, who was having night terrors, and imagine how tired I was this day. Poor girl was stuck with her drunk surrogate mother (me) and her bitter spinster aunt (Christiii).

I am sure we ate something for breakfast, I just don't remember what it was. We made it to the picnic by 1:00. I was excited and nervous to meet everyone; especially the mods because you never really know what they think of you. Guess what? I still don't ;).

I don't remember the order because I met sooooo many people and I am sorry if I leave anyone out. It's funny because you get a visual image of people and sometimes you are right, and sometimes you are way off base. I can't count the number of times I was told but you are so nice online [insert appropriate yellow face smiley dude].

I saw Marox and her family again. Love them!

AVP was very sweet. Got a big hug right away.

Andrew was not all what I had pictured. He is a cool hippie dude and I wasn't picturing that at all. Their kids will not want for hair :D . Jen was sweet too.

Niwel is a living doll. Very sweet and patient. Poor thing was trying to help (not cheat) me and my spinster sister (Christiii) through a puzzle thingie.

Lani was our cheering section and just as cute as can be.

Steph was nice but I didn't get to talk to her much.

Alex was busy, calm, reflective, and nice.

I hugged AdrienneK- 'nuff said :D ! I didn't get to see her babies though.

LisaP is just about the nicest person ever and her cute DD was there too.

The tods are a cool family and had the best food by far. Great team name!

If I met you and forgot you, I apologize, I was detoxing :eek:.

We stayed at the picnic until the end. After that we headed somewhere (help with the details Chickie).

to be continued.............