PDA

View Full Version : DISNEYLAND TRAIN ENGINEERS get a big ol’ pat on the back!

Mad Madam Mim
01-02-2002, 05:41 AM
I love the Disney Train ride around the park. Actually I can get on it and ride it for hours while reading a book.

Yesterday…..two of the gentlemen engineering one of the trains in the afternoon gave the guests a ride I will never forget… The two of them together were cracking jokes in accordance with the announcing loop tape the whole way… They were doing voices and everything. When we arrived in tomorrow land and the announcement would say Monorail… the engineer would grab his mike and say People Mover instead… and he did a wonderful Mickey impression. Who ever you two were thanks, wish I had gotten your names… and I hope Disney does it more often… it was like a Jungle Cruise… (which was great yesterday too… the guy did the entire Hippo spiel like they use too…oh sorry, wrong thread… will continue on the proper one.)

DisneylandKid
01-02-2002, 07:27 AM
Wow, that sounds cool, but I am surprised that Disney would allow them to do that!

mad4mky
01-02-2002, 08:00 AM
My oldest daughter and I went to DL without the rest of the family one time. We were exhausted....it was late (during the 1:00 am closing days of the past...). We rode the train around a few times to get our breath back.
We had the funniest Engineers on that train too...
Two guys were cracking jokes and making "funnies" about the dinosaurs, and the "taped spiels" as you travel around DL. We had a ball listening to them joke around!

Good for you MMM getting to hear them having a good time. :D

tabacco
01-02-2002, 11:47 AM
Hey, I've heard that! I remember the train guys doing a funny spiel one day this summer!

They're awesome, whoever they are :)

blusilva
01-03-2002, 01:52 AM
This is a trend that I just noticed a couple of months ago and I don't like it one bit.

There's a time and place for a "jungle cruise" type spiel. That would be on the Jungle Cruise. When I ride the train, I don't want to be "entertained" with snarky, snide and sarcastic comments about the Park, it's attractions, the dioramas or the train itself. It's just not appropriate.

Perhaps if they actually updated the prerecorded spiel, the attraction's CMS wouldn't feel it necessary to "punch it up".

To prove I am not totally lacking in humor, however, I now always get a smile when looking at out of the new little "no standing" placards ever since the attraction CM riffed on a horrible disco dancing incident they had on the train in the 70s.

tabacco
01-03-2002, 08:43 AM
Yeah, it's always a shame to see people enjoying their jobs :rolleyes: