PDA

View Full Version : Sally's DL/MA Trip Report

Pages : [1] 2

SallySkellington
03-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Hello all! I'm baaaaaaack! :~D

Friday- 1st day at DL!

My mom and I had gotten into Anaheim Thursday night and stayed at the Anabella (which she hated, so we transfered to the DLH this morning, one floor below Chickie!). I met up with Chickie in the DLH lobby, and shortly thereafter also met Javanod, Christiii, renta, and (briefly) Naruto and his friend.

So began the wild and craziness! ;)

We took the monorail to DL and went on Buzz, Indy, and BTMRR (am I forgetting anything?). Then we went over to the castle to meet up with my mom and Chickie's girls (who didn't show up, naughty girls ;) ). We also ran into disney jones and his girls, and we watched the princess parade. Then Chickie's gang went to the character warehouse, and disney jones, Zoe, and I went on Indy (poor Zoe seemed a bit scared, but at least she wasn't the one sitting on the snake's side! :eek: ), while my mom watched Syd (she loved Syd, BTW). Then, jones went to DCA, and my mom let me go around DL all by myself! You heard it right, folks, the umbellicle cord was being cut! I went on Autopia, Star Tours, Alice, and Peter Pan, then went over to DCA and watched It's Tough To Be A Bug, and went on the Orange Stinger, the Golden Zephyr, and Mulholland Madness 3 times.

Then I went back to the hotel to meet my mom and grab a quick nap before dinner. Unfortunately, I didn't last long at dinner, but I still got to meet a bunch of padders, including the famous Darkbeer (who blushed when I called him that ;) ).

Wendi
03-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Sounds fabulous so far... I can't believe you got to venture out on your own... are you sure your mom didn't hire SDFC to keep tabs on you???

disney jones
03-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Sally, glad to hear you made it back safe. :) It was certainly a pleasure meeting both you and your mom! Thanks for riding Indy with us :D !

Hakuna Makarla
03-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Sally, how wonderful! I am so glad you got to do what you wanted, I will be glad when I can to! I also hear you beat the tinkerbells, So funny. Did SDf leave for home? I am anxious to hear how he did to and all the video he did! : ) good to have you home again Sally!

SallySkellington
03-14-2005, 05:51 PM
We took the monorail to DL and went on Buzz, Indy, and BTMRR (am I forgetting anything?).

Yes, I am forgetting two things:

-Pirates, during which renta, Chirstiii, and I were told to be quiet by a woman sitting in front of us. :p

-Haunted Mansion, during which Chickie and I were crying that Jack wasn't there, and where renta and Christiii were saying I needed a water bra. :eek:

Hakuna Makarla
03-14-2005, 05:52 PM
christii and renta were told to be quiet? why???
and why would you need a water bra?? ok, tell me more I have to know!!

CrazyTrain
03-14-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm sorry that we never officially met, Sally!
Next time! :)

SallySkellington
03-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Saturday- Day 2 at DL!

I met Chickie, Javanod, The Blue Raja, and JediKnight in the Sierra Lobby, and we headed off to DCA, where Chickie promptly dragged me onto ToT. :eek:

I was so freaked, I was shrieking so loud during the drops, and Chickie said my mouth and eyes were open really wide! Too bad the pictures weren't working, I wanted to see how freaked I looked! :p

Then we went on Soarin', and then ran into disney jones and waited for the sleepy slowpokes (aka renta and Christiii) to show up. During this wait, Chickie had a hankering for a cream puff, and got the biggest one I have ever seen! Then, Javanod, The Blue Raja, JediKnight, disney jones, Zoe, and I (that was the right set of people, right? My memory is slipping rapidly for some reason!) went on GRR, while Chickie watched Syd and our stuff, and renta and Christiii went in search of food. Then we went to wait for the food girls outside DCA so we could all go to the picnic.

When we got to the picnic, I made a beeline for two familiar faces (well, familiar through pictures :p )- disneyperson and zero'sbark. Zero'sbark did her dance-o-happy for me (which was very cool). I also ran into Captain Josh, fully in costume, goggles and everything.

Shortly thereafter, I was kidnapped by disneyperson and zero'sbark (like I put up much of a fight ;) ). We went on Buzz (and, let me tell you, these girls are good! Zero'sbark got to level 4, and disneyperson got to level 5!), Star Tours, Haunted Mansion, and Pinocchio. We also made a quick trip to the Starcade to check out this Dance Dance Revolution DLF was going to make us do. I'm very thankfull he forgot about this. We were staring in horror at it! :eek:

Then, when they found out I was a Tiki Room Virgin, we went to the Enchanted Tiki Room, where zero'sbark lamented her lack of a Dole Whip, and joked about making a sacrifice of the Tiki Room Virgin. We then went on Pirates (and it was quite amusing to watch zero'sbark try to protect her makeup from the water ;) ), and then went to the Hub to meet DLF, Mukta, and the whole Chickie gang. Disneyperson and zero'sbark left us shortly thereafter, and the rest of us went to DCA to catch the Electrical Parade and go on ToT. I unfortunately missed out on ToT ( :crying: ), but I at least got to make some girls happy by taking their picture with their favorite ToT CM.

Then we all went back to DL and hung around Club Buzz for awhile, then rode the Matterhorn. I swear, The Blue Raja almost got thrown out of our seat! She couldn't find her seat buckle, and we were almost at the first tunnel with her belt unbuckled. The CM only came over when we were shouting she wasn't buckled, and acted like it was an inconvenience to help her find her buckle. :rolleyes:

Then we went to bed to prepare for The Big Day! :~D

Emma
03-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Good report so far Sally... keep it 'comin... :)

I can't stop laughing at your avatar... Chickie is gonna kill you! :p

SallySkellington
03-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Sunday- MA!

I came prepared for battle.

Chickie came with glitter. :rolleyes:

Not only did she glitter my team, she glittered our cheerleaders (disneyperson and zero'sbark).

MA wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think Chickie must have been trying to psych me out with her stories. ;)

We spent five hours walking around DL solving puzzles (and yes, I am sore today!). Chickie joked about how she was surprised that DLF didn't have to carry me an hour into it. Well, I not only pulled my own weight physically, I also pulled my own weight in the puzzles! So take that, Chickie! :p

4 Walt finished 4th place in our section of the Open. We were actually tied for 3rd, but lost the tie-breaker by 10 points! :eek: If only we had gotten the Laffite question right! :rolleyes:

But we still beat the Tinker Smells! :~D

After we all changed and went to the award show, renta dragged us on It's a Small World. I swear, that's the scariest ride in DL! Those dolls are too happy!

We then went to the Enchanted Tiki Room, and staked out prime seats for Fantasmic (for two hours, much to DLF's displeasure ;) ). Then we practically walked onto Pirates and HM, and also went on BTMRR, Storybook Canals, Alice (and this was hillarious- the CM let DLF and I sit in one catapillar, then crammed Mukta, Chickie, Christiii, renta, and The Blue Raja into a second one! :p ), and Buzz.

Then we went back to the DLH, and I had to say good-bye to everybody! And I didn't want to! :crying:

It was so much fun! I can't wait to hook up with you all again!

Captain Josh
03-14-2005, 07:32 PM
you didn't even get a Spirit of Adventure Tour....I KNEW I forgot to do something this weekend....

kisroo
03-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Sunday- MA!

I came prepared for battle.

Chickie came with glitter. :rolleyes:

Funniest. Statement. Ever. Good one, Sally! ;)

4 Walt finished 4th place in our section of the Open. We were actually tied for 3rd, but lost the tie-breaker by 10 points! :eek: If only we had gotten the Laffite question right! :rolleyes:

But we still beat the Tinker Smells! :~D WOW, guys! Well done!

Sally~really enjoyed reading about your trip. Also glad (and surprised) that you got to stay in the DLH. How'd you get a room? I thought they were sold out. That's awesome! Especially if you were disappointed in the Anabella.
Welcome back, Sally!
~kisroo:)

SallySkellington
03-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Also glad (and surprised) that you got to stay in the DLH. How'd you get a room? I thought they were sold out.

I guess someone cancelled. We also got a really great rate on our room. I guess they really wanted to fill it or something.

sdfilmcritic
03-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Awesome report. Thank you for sharing. Not Karla and I can start relaxing from a long weekend of impatient waiting for trip reports. ;)

Mukta
03-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Alice (and this was hillarious- the CM let DLF and I sit in one catapillar, then crammed Mukta, Chickie, Christiii, renta, and The Blue Raja into a second one! :p ), and Buzz.

I have to elaborate on this story. Picture this everyone. We are all standing in line for Alice. There are 7 of us. DLF and Sally jump into one car. She sits in the front and he sits in the back. Plenty of room for other people. Do they offer us a seat? NO!

I think it was Renta and I in the front right? Chickie and Christii sit in the back. Blue Raja is still standing. The CM tells her to get in. We all insist that there isn't enough room. The CM says "I have fit 3 LARGE people in the several times". Poor Blue Raja squeezes in and everyone is in pain. Actual physical pain. Chickie tells the CM that there isn't enough room. The lap bar is lowered and we are sent screaming on or way.

Earkid
03-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Great trip report Sally!! That Alice ride story is too funny.

rentayenta
03-15-2005, 08:26 AM
I have to elaborate on this story. Picture this everyone. We are all standing in line for Alice. There are 7 of us. DLF and Sally jump into one car. She sits in the front and he sits in the back. Plenty of room for other people. Do they offer us a seat? NO!

I think it was Renta and I in the front right? Chickie and Christii sit in the back. Blue Raja is still standing. The CM tells her to get in. We all insist that there isn't enough room. The CM says "I have fit 3 LARGE people in the several times". Poor Blue Raja squeezes in and everyone is in pain. Actual physical pain. Chickie tells the CM that there isn't enough room. The lap bar is lowered and we are sent screaming on or way.

The CM might as well have said "I fit fatties in there all of the time" :rolleyes: . This CM was no little gal.

SallySkellington
03-15-2005, 08:36 AM

Hey, I thought two of you would be joining us! I was surprised when the CM lowered the lap bar with just me sitting in the front!

SallySkellington
03-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Oh, and one more thing.....

Who was the one who grabbed/tickled my stomach in the HM stretch room Sunday night? Confess!

Hakuna Makarla
03-15-2005, 02:04 PM
ok Sally, where is all the pictures from this trip?? I have to see them :)
like please................

SallySkellington
03-15-2005, 02:08 PM
ok Sally, where is all the pictures from this trip?? I have to see them :)
like please................

I didn't take many pictures, and I'll probably use all of them as avatars. I still have to load the pictures from my mom's camera.

Hakuna Makarla
03-15-2005, 02:10 PM
yeah yeah ! get buisy, I got to see them!!

CoasterChickie
03-15-2005, 03:43 PM

LOL You described that perfectly Mukta!!! LOL I think I still have a dent in my right leg and I don't think my buns were even touching the seat. Did you notice that every car after that had only two or three people in it?!

Sally, that must have been DLF who tickled you. I was busy pinching! :D

SallySkellington
03-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Sally, that must have been DLF who tickled you. I was busy pinching! :D

I think it was him, too. I thought I saw his arm reaching over when the lightning was flashing. He said he didn't know what I was talking about. I say he lies! :p

BWthespian
03-15-2005, 04:20 PM
is the mouse adventures thing happening this coming sunday its sound like mad fun lol can newbies participate :)