PDA

View Full Version : Friday and Sat?

Mickey_Freak
03-14-2005, 11:38 AM
O.K so the weather report is calling for "Showers" on Friday and Sat of this week. We will be in Disneyland both days...

1) anyone live in The area?? What is the local report saying?? They seem to be alot more accurate then the other reports.

2) Any suggestions on what to pack for a "Showery" day at D-land. I will be taking my 1 year old. I am thinking that we are not going to have any fun... Every time we have gone it perfect outside. Any thoughts??

Thanks

bradk
03-14-2005, 11:46 AM
not sure why a local report would differ from weather.com, all the info comes from the same place.

what will differ is the fact that the weather system is very hard to predict more than 3 days out (not that predicting the same day is always that reliable). it's basically looking at current systems and trends and trying to determine where that storm will be in a day or two and what other things may be going on to influence it.

in any case, rain is your best friend at DL. it keeps the locals away and there are very few lines for anything, although all in all, i'm not sure how that would impact a single parent with a 1 year old since your options are somewhat limited to begin with.

also, there's a good chance the rain won't be constant, so i'm sure you can find something indoors to do and just wait out the showers.

hefferdude
03-14-2005, 11:55 AM
30% Friday to 50% Saturday should be no problem :)

Crowds might thin a little bit which will help as it is the beginning of spring break. Broken cloud cover means less time in direct sun ( good ) but carry sunblock. And simple rain jacket and hat will do. Dland can be a !gggrrreat! place when it rains, particularly at night as everything takes on a wet sheen. Rain could help clean the air a bit. ( Smog and haze were awful this weekend )
Enjoy!

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I just talked to my cousin who lives about 15 minutes from the park. He said that they were expecting rain this weekend (same as weather.com). He told me just to keep an eye out on it. He said that last week they predicted rain one day and it never did rain....we'll be in the park this weekend too (CAN'T WAIT) and we are packing ponchos...

SCUBAbe
03-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Last night when I was driving home it was drizzleing and I hit some pretty nasty fog around acton. I really hate driving in the fog.

MsYumiBr
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I heard rain is to start Wednesday and continue through the weekend. If it does rain, ponchos are great. You can sit on wet benches without getting a wet behind. Bring extra socks. Strollers with a lid are an absolute necessity for one year olds. Bring your own if you can. Plastic zip locks are great for camera equipment or anything else you don't want to get wet. I've even seen these clear plastic *windows* for strollers roaming around in the park. Amazing what neat products are available for kids these days. You'll have fun. The little kid rides are inside anyway. I would bring a back/front carrier for standing in line. It's a heck of a lot better than hanging on to their hand while you wait in line. It's also easier to keep tabs on them if they are strapped to your back while you collapse the stroller. You'll have fun. When have you ever *not* had fun at DL?

Hakuna Makarla
03-14-2005, 01:49 PM
ohhh I hope it rains when i go :) then I will have less crowds and a nice poncho to wear! I also packed my umbrella ( ok I am weird but you knew this right?

MetalliKitty
03-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I absolutely LOVE going on a rainy day. Did it for the first time, solo, back in January right before my AP expired...me and hubby went a few weeks ago. Crowds are definitely less of an issue.

As far as having a little one along, can't say how that is affected by the rain.
Our 'kids' wouldn't get to enter the park - they would need to stay in the Kennel ;)

Hakuna Makarla
03-14-2005, 01:55 PM
oh that picture is adorable metallikitty!!