PDA

View Full Version : We love Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

MOUSELUVR
03-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Ok...so I have to know, does anyone else here get made fun of by friends and family over your passion for Disneyland? People think we are crazy for the amount of time and money we spend going to Disneyland. They keep telling us we could take a "real" vacation with all the money we have spent.

Well, my personal opinion is people should spend their money on whatever they want to...but also, with my family dynamics (me, hubby, and 4 kids 14,12,7, and 9 months) Disneyland is the perfect place for our family. There is something for everyone and we all love it for diiferent reasons. We go 2-3 time a year (hopefully more now that we have season passes) and my kids still get SUPER excited over every single trip we plan. My oldest daughter even wants to go to college in So. Cal. so she can get a part time job at Disneyland.

I think Disneyland is a special, special place and I don't care who thinks I'm crazy :D

Comments??

Raven
03-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Oh my gosh! My family and friends all make fun of me. The cannot believe that there is a site that we all come together and talk about Disneyland!

MOUSELUVR
03-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Oh my gosh! My family and friends all make fun of me. The cannot believe that there is a site that we all come together and talk about Disneyland!
LOL...isn't it funny?? I think there are so many other things that I could be obessed with that are so much worse...people should just leave us all alone..hehe.

It has gotten so I'm embarassed to tell my friends and co-workers when we are palnning another trip...we planned a "secret" Easter trip just this last weekend and aren't telling anyone :fez:

MrsG
03-14-2005, 10:14 AM
I think all of us here could tell stories that relate to our Disney "obsession".

BTW, DLR is a great place for a college student to work! And we have some pretty good colleges around here as well. :p

MOUSELUVR
03-14-2005, 10:17 AM
I think all of us here could tell stories that relate to our Disney "obsession".

BTW, DLR is a great place for a college student to work! And we have some pretty good colleges around here as well. :p

It has been her dream for several years now (and being a freshman in high school, its getting closer)...my Grandmother lived in Fullerton my whole life and so we all feel really comfortable in the area...I hope she is able to fulfill her dream while getting a great education.

What colleges would you recommend in the area??

kohl
03-14-2005, 10:18 AM
People make fun of us all the time! This is the place we go to get away from evrything. We know that my husband won't be called away to SWAT or to go to work . This is family time!

HorizonsA
03-14-2005, 10:18 AM
That's why we're all on these boards, so we don't have to be made fun of by the outside world. We all carry the same obsession.

TRUE DISNEYLAND FREAKS ON THIS SITE! :geek:

mystycalchyk
03-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah my family thinks we are phreaks.

I told my sister a week or so ago that we were planning a Disney Cruise for our 10th anniversary and she just doesn't get it. None of them 'get it'

MOUSELUVR
03-14-2005, 10:24 AM
That's why we're all on these boards, so we don't have to be made fun of by the outside world. We all carry the same obsession.

TRUE DISNEYLAND FREAKS ON THIS SITE! :geek:

You know what though...when anyone I know is planning a Disneyland trip, who do they come to??? Why me, of course...guess my obsession is not so silly when it benefits them, huh?? LOL

My nephew and his wife went with us recently and said it was their best trip ever because we knew what we were doing, where we were going, best times/places for shows/parades ect...most of which I learned right on this board! :D

Disneyland2004
03-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Well most of my friends hate Disneyland but 3 of my good friends love it, i love...we all love it. DL4L (Disneyland for Life)!!!!

lynnspire
03-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Did you guys ever see 'Trekkies'? I really think that people view us the same way as trekkies. I was a part of Mouse Adventure in Disneyland and my teammate and I dressed up like girl scouts. We got alot of strange looks, and alot of questions. One person that we talked to really thought we were truly off our rocker. We were very kind to this person, and tried to explain to him that our love for events like Mouse Adventure was a love of family activities. Personally I find a love for something that is intended to bring families closer together is a far better path than the usual love for debotchery, drugs, and alcohol. We didn't find out until the end of the conversation that this man was a radio DJ and that he hosted a show in the mornings on 103.1. What do you say to that?

figmentspark
03-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah, most of my friends think I am insane. I go to a JC now and will be transferring to a real college in a year or so (depending on if I get in the College Program). I am only looking at places like Biola, CSU Fullerton and other universities near DL so I can work there.

:rolleyes: Oh and people who are going to DLR ask my advice on hotels, shows, resturaunts, attractions, ect. :p

sdfilmcritic
03-14-2005, 10:42 AM
My co-workers make so much fun of me when I visit MP during the down time at work. One particular co-worker doesn't understand why I get so much enjoyment out of going to Disneyland and visiting MP. But then I don't understand why he gets so much enjoyment out of going to concerts for metal bands, including Ozzfest when he can get a chance to go.

MOUSELUVR
03-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Did you guys ever see 'Trekkies'? I really think that people view us the same way as trekkies. I was a part of Mouse Adventure in Disneyland and my teammate and I dressed up like girl scouts. We got alot of strange looks, and alot of questions. One person that we talked to really thought we were truly off our rocker. We were very kind to this person, and tried to explain to him that our love for events like Mouse Adventure was a love of family activities. Personally I find a love for something that is intended to bring families closer together is a far better path than the usual love for debotchery, drugs, and alcohol. We didn't find out until the end of the conversation that this man was a radio DJ and that he hosted a show in the mornings on 103.1. What do you say to that?

I totally agree with you. My husband and our 2 oldest daughters have gotten into the pin trading together and are constantly looking over their collections and planning their next trades at the park. I think anything that keeps us connected with our kids is not only a good, but a GREAT thing. Having 2 teeagers and a seven year old, there aren't many things that interest all of us collectively, except Disneyland of course!

MrsG
03-14-2005, 10:47 AM
What colleges would you recommend in the area??
There is UC Irvine or UC Riverside for the two closest Universities. And Cal State Fullerton and Cal State Long Beach for the two closest State colleges.

HorizonsA
03-14-2005, 10:50 AM
You know what though...when anyone I know is planning a Disneyland trip, who do they come to??? Why me, of course...guess my obsession is not so silly when it benefits them, huh?? LOL

You're absolutely right, MOUSELUVR. I always make it my business to know everything about Disneyland, as I would assume everyone here does. Every path, every bench, every restroom, every smell, all the shortcuts, the music that is played in each land, all attractions, all parade times, shows &fireworks, special dates (i.e. May 5th, July 17th), DIsneyland's future! My mom will always ask me about these things and I gladly tell her. When I go on rides and shows, I don't just sit there, I look everywhere. It seems that everytime I go on an attraction, I notice something new. Whether it is actually new or something that's been there the whole time (like the trees from the graveyard scene in the Haunted Mansion, they have faces!), it's still excites me.

sdfilmcritic
03-14-2005, 10:50 AM
My cousing graduated from UC Irvine and now she's going back for a second degree. :rolleyes:

lynnspire
03-14-2005, 10:56 AM
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this way, but i think it is really sad that people are going out getting themselve drunk and doing things that not only poison the body,but poison the relationships with those around you, and THAT is considered NORMAL as opposed to those who consciously choose to spend time at a place that respects family, and other such relationships which by many is considered ABNORMAL. Am I the only one who sees a problem here?

MOUSELUVR
03-14-2005, 11:15 AM
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this way, but i think it is really sad that people are going out getting themselve drunk and doing things that not only poison the body,but poison the relationships with those around you, and THAT is considered NORMAL as opposed to those who consciously choose to spend time at a place that respects family, and other such relationships which by many is considered ABNORMAL. Am I the only one who sees a problem here?
I totally agree with you. We are all about family and that is what makes Disneyland the "place" for us...we could vacation separately from our children, as many of our friends do in Mexico, on cruises, ect, but the way we look at it is our time with our children is limited and we will have the rest of our lives to vacation elswhere if we choose when they are grown and gone. (Although we will probably still go to Disneyland :D )

For now, we will continue to go to Disneyland as much as our budget will allow and ignore any negative comments from "outsiders"! LOL

Disneyland FOREVER!

Raven
There are people out there who hate Disneyland? Say it isn't so! I'm wondering when most of you visit the site...I always visit while at work (shhh don't tell my boss!) It is just my little way of "rewarding" myself when I complete a task here and there! I have even gotten to the point where I had to buy a trackball because my hand was hurting so much from my mouse!

sdfilmcritic
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this way, but i think it is really sad that people are going out getting themselve drunk and doing things that not only poison the body,but poison the relationships with those around you, and THAT is considered NORMAL as opposed to those who consciously choose to spend time at a place that respects family, and other such relationships which by many is considered ABNORMAL. Am I the only one who sees a problem here?ROFLMAO That describes my co-worker who I was referring to in my previous post.

E-ORLover
03-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I love Disneyland!! Always have, I guess everyone that I would outgrow my love for it. Nope, even better I married someone who loves it just as much as I do. Funny because when I was younger my dream was to go to a college around Disneyland and work there part time too. I did end up working there for a couple yrs...but never went to college. I did however meet my husband while working there.

I did look at going to Chapman University, Fullerton College, Azua (sp?), there is lot's of other community colleges. I hope she fullfils her dream. I am glad I did.

MOUSELUVR
03-14-2005, 12:21 PM
I love Disneyland!! Always have, I guess everyone that I would outgrow my love for it. Nope, even better I married someone who loves it just as much as I do. Funny because when I was younger my dream was to go to a college around Disneyland and work there part time too. I did end up working there for a couple yrs...but never went to college. I did however meet my husband while working there.

I did look at going to Chapman University, Fullerton College, Azua (sp?), there is lot's of other community colleges. I hope she fullfils her dream. I am glad I did.
I think she will...she a pretty driven girl, especially when it come to Disneyland! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! hehe

I Heart Disneyland!
03-14-2005, 12:23 PM
But then I don't understand why he gets so much enjoyment out of going to concerts for metal bands, including Ozzfest when he can get a chance to go.

No joke!!! ha! I love it. My co-workers also roll their mighty eyes :rolleyes: at me when I talk about Disneyland trips. No one understands, well, no one until I found MP! Now I can talk with others who feel the same way and who have countdowns and trip reports. Now you are my kind of people!!!! :) Personally, I think WE are the sane ones and THEY are the nutcases! :D

figmentspark
03-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Personally, I think WE are the sane ones and THEY are the nutcases! :D

:cool: You said it! :D