PDA

View Full Version : Issues: Orbitz, and the Candlewood Suites

The_Admiral
03-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Hey all, I'm hoping some people could give me some advice on this. I booked the Carousel Inn and Suites on January 20th for March 19-23 through Orbitz. Last Friday, a WEEK before my arrival, I get an e-mail saying that there was a problem with the hotel inventory and I had been relocated to another location (the Candlewood Suites). No mention of choices, or any other options. When I called, the attitude was pretty much there is nothing that can be done. My issues:
1) I reviewed my terms and conditions, and there is NOTHING re: their ability to do this. If I can't cancel or change, how can they? Especially since when it comes to disneyland, location is everything and I'm now .7 miles further away.
2) Funniest thing to me, the property they moved me to (Candlewood) has a lower rating! Has anyone stayed there that can give a quick review?
3) I'm not sure of the proportions, but is it at all in walking distance?
4) Any other thoughts or ideas?

Thanks, I'm obviously pretty irked right now and at the present time am waiting on a reply from corporate customer resolution (i.e. not the 1-800 # that has no real power). Any ideas would be great.

Earkid
03-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Here's a similar thread started by Hawaiian Cinderella.

So sorry this happened to you. Good luck!!

bradk
03-14-2005, 08:24 AM
as earkid mentioned, carousel's done it before. they must have overbooked in a bad way.

i'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but the unofficial guide gives carousel a room rating of 72 and 3 stars and candlewood has a room rating of 82 and 3 1/2 stars.

the very few reviews i've seen are lukewarm, but definitely no worse than carousel.

i don't have an exact idea of the distance, but it should be within a mile, maybe even about half a mile from the main gates.

as far as canceling goes, when i go to book a room there through orbitz, the cancelation policy is shown as $25 with more than 48 hours notice and 1 night's stay with less than that, although maybe that's just out of season.

The_Admiral
03-14-2005, 10:29 PM
as earkid mentioned, carousel's done it before. they must have overbooked in a bad way.

i'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but the unofficial guide gives carousel a room rating of 72 and 3 stars and candlewood has a room rating of 82 and 3 1/2 stars.

the very few reviews i've seen are lukewarm, but definitely no worse than carousel.

i don't have an exact idea of the distance, but it should be within a mile, maybe even about half a mile from the main gates.

as far as canceling goes, when i go to book a room there through orbitz, the cancelation policy is shown as $25 with more than 48 hours notice and 1 night's stay with less than that, although maybe that's just out of season.

Thanks for the reply. I was actually getting the hotel rating from Orbitz themselves, which made it even weirder that they would change me without offering any kind of compensation. I e-mailed them complaining, we'll see what happens.

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-15-2005, 10:59 AM
BOYCOTT CAROUSEL :mad:

I'm STILL irked and better have a hotel room when we get there on Thursday!!!...I get the runaround from the Anabella too...I'm looking for somewhere else next year!!!!!!!!!

bradk
03-15-2005, 11:27 AM
all i know is i'm definitely keeping my hojo res until the last minute now just in case carousel does notify me somehow that i've been bumped.

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey all, I'm hoping some people could give me some advice on this. I booked the Carousel Inn and Suites on January 20th for March 19-23 through Orbitz. Last Friday, a WEEK before my arrival, I get an e-mail saying that there was a problem with the hotel inventory and I had been relocated to another location (the Candlewood Suites). No mention of choices, or any other options. When I called, the attitude was pretty much there is nothing that can be done. My issues:
1) I reviewed my terms and conditions, and there is NOTHING re: their ability to do this. If I can't cancel or change, how can they? Especially since when it comes to disneyland, location is everything and I'm now .7 miles further away.
2) Funniest thing to me, the property they moved me to (Candlewood) has a lower rating! Has anyone stayed there that can give a quick review?

Thanks, I'm obviously pretty irked right now and at the present time am waiting on a reply from corporate customer resolution (i.e. not the 1-800 # that has no real power). Any ideas would be great.

Admiral,

Please let me know what becomes of your reply to Corporate Customer Resolution. My DH wanted me to file a complaint but I didn't know where to do it.

Crazy4DL
03-15-2005, 11:47 AM

good gosh what a thing to happen a week before you are to leave! I never heard of such a thing until it happened to Hawaiin Cinderella. I don't know anything about the Candlewood but just wanted to through in my sympathies - hope it all works out. Don't let them spoil your fun at DL.

Andrew
03-15-2005, 11:50 AM
We stayed at the Carousel this past weekend.

I don't particularly want to go back. Parking is not so good, and the exterior hallways seem designed to funnel children-running sounds directly into the rooms.

I can personally recommend the Hilton Garden Inn Garden Grove. It's not walking distance by any means, but they have a free shuttle (not tied to ART) and it is a very quick drive to the M&F structure.