PDA

View Full Version : AP Refund Question and Goofy's Kitchen Question

ppmuse
03-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Two for the price of one, OH YEAH!! It's been awhile since I've posted, new job, more work, but I got two questions that I couldn't find answers for:

1) On Friday, I received in the mail a refund check for 35 dollars for my Annual pass. There was no reasoning for the refund, it just showed up. Here's the info from the check:

NLDR WARNJ - 2/9/2005 - $35.00
AP DISCOUNT REFUND
DISNEY WORLDWIDE SERVICES, INC

With Mickey's picture. Anybody have any idea what this 35 dollars is for? Will we be receiving one for my wife too? Very strange.

2) Wife wants to go to Goofy's Kitchen for her birthday. Do they do anything for adults there? We've got reservations for next monday?

Thanks guys,

BQ2
03-14-2005, 06:31 PM
1) no idea

2) I think she'll get special attention due to her b-day plus she'll get a decorate it yourself birthday cake :) Have Fun!!

MsYumiBr
03-14-2005, 06:58 PM
I just turned 39 and Alice in Wonderland and Alice our waitress sang happy birthday to me and we got a super large chocolate "cupcake" with a candle at Goofy's Kitchen. Just remember to tell them when you make the reservations and again when you arrive. You get to sit in the birthday section, although my husband was not happy because only a few characters stopped by the table. I wore my birthday button from DLH and Donald Duck wished me happy birthday by button pointing while I was in the buffet lines. City Hall at DL has birthday stickers.

Happy Birthday to your wife, by the way!

MsYumiBr
03-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Oh, almost forgot, you can order a special cake too if you are having a party (or you like a lot of cake).

bradk
03-15-2005, 03:38 AM
i believe ordering a cake requires 48 hours notice.

sdfilmcritic
03-15-2005, 03:45 AM
i believe ordering a cake requires 48 hours notice.And a mail order Prince or Princess takes two weeks.

AlanaP
03-15-2005, 06:12 AM
You only get the birthday cake if you order a birthday bucket for $25
If you call ahead, (and add $5,) they will decorate your table with balloons, confetti, and a treat bag. Characters will come sing, and bring you a cupcake as well. We will be doing all this at Goofy's for the 4th year in a row on Saturday!!!

bradk
03-15-2005, 06:19 AM
intercot actually details birthdays at goofy's kitchen. evidently they need 72 hours for the cake.

http://www.intercotwest.com/resortGuide/birthdayParties.asp

i'm not sure that's true about the birthday bucket? the birthday bucket already includes a slice of cake if i'm not mistaken.

CrazyTrain
03-15-2005, 04:54 PM
You can mail order a prince?
CHA CHING!!! ;)

disneyscott
03-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I only had one problem with Goofy's Kitchen. Garuitity (SP) tip has to be payed before you sit down. Now I hate tiping for poor srevice, and other than refilling the drinks the help was rather lazy for the 15% that they charge. Now don't get me wrong it is on the sign before you pay your bill, but for the price that you pay you might be better off at Blue Byou or even off property. I don't think I will ever use Goofy's Kitchen again.

vegasmommytoDL
03-15-2005, 07:46 PM
I only had one problem with Goofy's Kitchen. Garuitity (SP) tip has to be payed before you sit down. Now I hate tiping for poor srevice, and other than refilling the drinks the help was rather lazy for the 15% that they charge. Now don't get me wrong it is on the sign before you pay your bill, but for the price that you pay you might be better off at Blue Byou or even off property. I don't think I will ever use Goofy's Kitchen again.

Is the tip included in the dinner price or added on extra? I was told in email by Vacation Planning Srvs that its included in the $27.25 for adults/$14.86 for children price?

But... they also gave me other info that I knew was wrong... so I won't be surprised either way.

disneyscott
03-15-2005, 09:16 PM
this link is from Disney
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/hotels/dining/detail?name=GoofysKitchenDiningPage

Now I cant remember but I think it is 27.50 + tip = gets you in the door. What you need to know it it is writen on the sign before you pay, so I feel its my own falut for sitting down after I read it (still kicking my self)

Think of the Dinner that you could get for $27.00 and I don't think all the characters in the world add up to the (fair) price you pay at this placebut what is fair with Disney prices.