PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for a pregnant lady?

Cherene
03-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Ok, so we are going to the park soon and I am pregnant. I know that there are rides I can't go on and that is fine. I have a 3 year old with me so I will be near IASW and such more than anything else.

Can anyone give advice, hints or tips for me as to what to be prepared for? I know I will have sore feet :) And plan on utilizing benches! Anything else?

Emma
03-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Congratulations!

My advice is this (and I admit I am slightly paranoid)

When I was pregnant with my girls, and at Disneyland (especially in the first trimester) I didn't go on ANYTHING that was jerky or bumpy, or had a warning on it. This meant I didn't ride:

Indiana Jones
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Matterhorn
Autopia
Roger Rabbit
California Screamin
Grizzly River Run

and probably some others that I can't name off the top of my head. You just have to be really careful. If it looks bumpy or jerky don't do it. It puts a damper on your trip, but you're keeping your baby safe, and it's worth it in the end.

Opus1guy
03-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Any advice for a pregnant lady?

Sounds like we're a bit too late to give you any advise. ;)

Crazy4DL
03-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Sounds like we're a bit too late to give you any advise. ;)

LOL

Cherene
03-13-2005, 08:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I don't mind staying off most rides. I am going for my dd and just to have fun. :)

Although my nerves are getting to me that it will be crazy busy, or cold the week around easter.

Crazy4DL
03-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Ok, so we are going to the park soon and I am pregnant. I know that there are rides I can't go on and that is fine. I have a 3 year old with me so I will be near IASW and such more than anything else.

Can anyone give advice, hints or tips for me as to what to be prepared for? I know I will have sore feet :) And plan on utilizing benches! Anything else?

I agree with Emma - you would want to be careful especially on the really bumpy and/or jerky rides but there are lots of fun rides you will be fine on and they will also be the ones your 3 yr old will enjoy. The parade, fireworks, etc are so nice too. We saw Aladdin and Snow White last May and they were great - we had a 3 yr old with us and he enjoyed them too. His favorite ride was Casey Jr train - which you will be completely safe on. Enjoy your vacation. rrazey

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-13-2005, 09:30 PM
I went 5 months PG with my first and just didn't go on the rides that they said not to go on when PG. POTC was a thrill ride for me then. LOL
I say shop and eat, that is what I did. I had fun!
Oh and congratulations!

MyBeast
03-13-2005, 11:32 PM

You can probably get a wheelchair if you get too tired. Have fun eatting all the good foods, oh and get a pickle! hehe

Hakuna Makarla
03-14-2005, 03:17 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I don't mind staying off most rides. I am going for my dd and just to have fun. :)

Although my nerves are getting to me that it will be crazy busy, or cold the week around easter.

Hi, I am going the same time you are! do not be worried, just play and remember the rides in dca for small kids are great! my son loved its a bigs land!!

Susan L
03-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Drink lots of water. Take your time and take lots of rest stops and or naps. Have a good time. There are lots of rides you can go on and there is a lot more to do then just the rides.

MsYumiBr
03-14-2005, 06:27 AM
Believe it or not, you can spend a whole day at DL and ride kiddie rides and watch shows and be perfectly happy. It's amazing what you can discover just sitting there waiting for others in your party go through the lines. Find hidden mickeys, watch street entertainment, shop, listen to stories, take pictures, etc. My suggestion is drink water and map out the bathrooms. I had a problem with swelling. DL food has a lot of salt so stick with the healthy menu or at the end of the day from being on your feet you may end up with puffy hands and feet. I used the stroller to prop my feet as much as possible. Also dress in layers! Everyone else was running around with sweaters and sweatshirts while I was in a no sleeve shirt. Too hot! Don't wear flip flops. It looks funny having those strap lines on your feet. Try to find sandals with just the band that goes across or slip ons. And when you've had enough, don't push yourself! I can't tell you how many times I suffered the next day because I did. (AP pass and a 3 year old by myself, hubby in the Navy. I lived with in-laws 15 minutes from the park.) You will have fun. There's a little park in Toontown you can sit and let your little one play on the rubber *bushes* while you wait and rest. If the trains are running, that's the best transportation if you can keep your toddler from standing. Strollers are a pain, but necessary. The most important thing is keep yourself from getting grumpy. More people than not totally can't relate to being pregnant and are inconsiderate about it. Just view them as ignorant and don't take it personally. The rest of us will watch your back and empathize with your discomfort. You may even be sitting with another pregnant lady somewhere and make a friend. I'm sure you'll have a good time. I hope my notes of experience help.

Hakuna Makarla
03-14-2005, 06:47 AM

\congradulations! how far along are you? when I was pregnant I went on lotsof carnival rides, :) but of course I was young anddumb! I am sure there is lots of rides togo on! oh and be for warned, some 3 year olds do not like the lines, andwaiting, my three year old went bulistic there and did not enjoy the park at all :eek: He is a perfect angel but there were to many people, to much stimulation and way to long of lines to stand with him.

bradk
03-14-2005, 07:14 AM
way to long of lines to stand with him.

if there's another adult, the unofficial guide has an entire section devoted to 'line strategies'