PDA

View Full Version : How full is the park after 10:00 pm?

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 04:37 PM
or even later? I am hoping the park emptys some so I can get on rides sooner then having to stand in line for an hour.is it better in the park late at night? disneyland stays open til 12:00 while I am there so I am thrilled about that!

RemainSeatedPlease
03-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Hmmm, kinda hard to say, it depends...fantasyland of course thins out because of loss of kids..yet peter pan still manages to have an hour line somehow! The last half and hour is the best time..if u're into running, we like to go to splash or indiana if the line happens to be short...or find any short line and go a million times! Fantasmic crowds up new orleans, but if you can get to HM before the crowds move after the show that has a good line then...basically i guess you could say the crowds thin out, but some lines still are way long, just have to search for a shorter one...like in the day...but yea, Disneyland rocks at night!!!!!!

julia
03-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Downtown Disney seems REALLY busy and crowded late at night. The World of Disney store seems busier than the local mall on Christmas Eve.

Best Regards,
Julia
Andavo Travel
http://www.fine-journeys.com
jelzie@andavotravel.com

Mommy2NicknMax
03-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I've only been there in August and December (both very crowded times) but both times the park stayed busy until at least after the fireworks. It thins out some then and then more after the second Fantasmic! But there are still people with Fastpasses all the way up until closing. I think you should be fine if you're staying that late. There will be lines but they should be managable.

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 05:03 PM
I've only been there in August and December (both very crowded times) but both times the park stayed busy until at least after the fireworks. It thins out some then and then more after the second Fantasmic! But there are still people with Fastpasses all the way up until closing. I think you should be fine if you're staying that late. There will be lines but they should be managable.

I think this will be my time to get on things I may have missed during the day. I plan on seeing fantasmic on saturday if possible so I am goign to go to the late one and see if during the early one I can get into haunted mansion and pirates :)

CrazyTrain
03-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Defintely go on HM and Pirates when Fantasmic's on... no wait! :)

oregontraveler
03-14-2005, 12:24 PM
What I realized on my last trip is that it does thin out a little after the fireworks. The families who take an afternoon break are going to come back & stay 'til closing. Peter Pan had long lines but the others were walk-ons. I saw
more kids running around than I thought I would.

experiment626
03-14-2005, 08:08 PM
The families who take an afternoon break are going to come back & stay 'til closing.
That the whole point of taking that mid-day break. :D

MsYumiBr
03-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Not my kid. She took an afternoon nap and fell asleep at dinner on Sunday. That's a good time to go. Sunday evening should be great. Kids worn out from DL Saturday and then getting up early on Sunday.

PapiBear
03-14-2005, 10:38 PM
It all depends on how much the Park eats for dinner, as well as what it has. Like, if the Park has two large pizzas at 7 pm, it'll probably still be pretty full after 10 pm, even if it walks around during those 3 hours. But if it has only some soup and crackers at the same time, or earlier, the Park's tummy might be growling after 10 pm.

DisneyDustin22
03-14-2005, 11:53 PM
isn't the park on Atkins? I heard it wanted to shed a few pounds for the 50th? ;)

Susan L
03-15-2005, 06:46 AM
In my experience it depends on what day it is and what time of year it is. I have been at the park after 10pm and it was even more crowded then during the day. Most people with the little ones usually clear out after the fireworks but then again you just never know.

Matt Hamand
03-15-2005, 07:48 AM
or even later? I am hoping the park emptys some so I can get on rides sooner then having to stand in line for an hour.is it better in the park late at night? disneyland stays open til 12:00 while I am there so I am thrilled about that!
It will really depend on what the crowds are like the day you are there. You will be there at the height of spring break, so factor that in. Also realize that you are not the first or only person come up with the idea of waiting until later in the evening to hit some of the more popular rides.

Your best bet is to use Fastpass strategically and pick and choose the lines you wait in. Trying to do everything may be futile. Especially with the spring break crowds and the opening of Buzz Lightyear.