Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Things to do in the parks

1. go to peter pan,
pinocio
mad tea party
alice in wonderland
indiana jones
big thunder railroad ( do the goat trick)
tot
tiki room,
have a dole whip
have a monte cristo at the blue byou :)
get pressed pennys
splash
get picture with carecter
honey I shrunk the audiance
its tough to be a bug
grizzly river run
star tours
electric parade,
fantasmic
to have a funnel cake at buzz

candy palace
please add to my list if there is more you think I will like. I also want to see the ducks near BTMRR I just haveto find them. also the wishing well, but not sure about where that is.

sjcivilady
03-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Soarin' and have you seen Golden Dreams yet? I think it's very good. Also, Aladdin and Sleeping Beauty. Stand (or sit) in the area just outside the locker room on Main Street - you can hear people talk from the floors above. Pretty funny. We got a really good turkey sandwich from the Boudin Bakery (?) - was big enough to split.

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 01:44 PM
I forgot soaring, also Haunted mansion and car toon spin.enchanted tiki room,buzz light year. man I got my days work cut out for me :)
golden dreams ,what is that? also I hear I must buy tickets to alladin?

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Wow I just went and looked at the rain forest cafe, this looks wonderful! do I need to make reservations there to? man just awsome stuff to see!

bassett1976
03-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Wow I just went and looked at the rain forest cafe, this looks wonderful! do I need to make reservations there to?

You might want to make reservations since they have long lines at times during the week. You might also want to check out their safari club. It only costs about $10 but you get a 10% discount and front of the line for walk ins. You also get some other things during your birthday that comes in the mail. It's also good at Joe's Crab Shack down the street! *S*

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Safari club, please explain more!! My birthday is next week (in 5 days) and i would love to try joes crab shack! can I walk to joes from my motel? is it safe? thank you so much!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 01:58 PM
reservations, I am so afraid to as I am not sure where I will be in the parks, yes, I better do that today.

Jewels
03-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Karla,

That is some list. I am sorry you missed out on so much last time. How many days are you there for this time? We saw Aladdin last Sept. and did not need tickets. We did have the prefered seating things from Disney Travel but did not use them. As for the Rain Forest Cafe it wouldn't hurt to have reservations. It can get busy.

Also a great site we found was www.parkpennies.com. They have pictures of the pressed pennies and quarters plus where to find them. So you can stake out your favorites before you go and save tons of time.

Golden Dreams is a movie show over at DCA. I also did not see the Animation Studio on your list. You may have already seen it but if not make sure to add it.

bassett1976
03-13-2005, 02:02 PM
If you don't make reservations before you go make them when you get to the park. Depending on how many people in your group, it can be a pain. I've tried to get resies for 8 people once and got some bad times and I was calling a month before the date.

Joe's Crab Shack is a mile or two down from DL on Harbour. IT's a great place to eat, my wife's favorite of all time. I don't think it's necessarily walking distance as it is a mile or so down (by the Target).

Some info for the Safari club can be found at http://www.rainforestcafe.com/SafariContactUs.asp

I guess they raised the price to $15 but you get some great discounts for it. It might not pay for itself in one trip but it will in 2-3 trips.

Jewels
03-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Karla,

If you are standing facing the castle from main street the wishing well is on your right. You just walk up the side path. You will also see Snow White's "Grotto" I think that is what it is called. It has snow white and the seven dwarfs figures. Also did you get a chance to ride the train all around DL? Or the Mark Twain. The train ride is always a good way to rest tired feet.

Crazy4DL
03-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Makarla - have you looked into RideMax, the software program that helps with scheduling rides in DL and DCA? It is only about $9.95 for a three month subscription and it seems like it would help you not to forget anything AND help you utilize your time. What ever you do - don't forget Soarin over CA - I think you will LOVE it - I did. I have to try ToT for the first time this August - I am a chicken but I did the Perilous Pluge at Knott's and lived so figure I have to do ToT :D

Suburban Plankton
03-13-2005, 02:09 PM
I second the suggestion to see Aladdin. You do not need to buy tickets, just show up and stand in line. You can get "preferred seating" which allows you to enter before the rest of the crowd and get a good seat. We got preferred seating as part of our WDTC vacation package the first time we saw tihe show; I'm not sure if there are other ways. But definitely make some time to see the show, it's fantastic!

Monte Cristo
03-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Wow I just went and looked at the rain forest cafe, this looks wonderful! do I need to make reservations there to? man just awsome stuff to see!

Rain Forest Cafe is FANTASTIC. I was very cynical about it at first - I assumed it was just another terrible gimmick franchise.

Yes, it is another gimmick franchise, but done very, VERY well. The indoor thunderstorms and gorillas are a blast. The food and service was excellent. Reservations are pretty much a must.

One note of caution: we tried their breakfast and unfortunately the raves about dinner don't apply to the place during the morning. The staff seemed disinterested and the food was wildly overpriced for what you got (not talking about quantity - just quality).

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 02:14 PM
I just made reservations to blu byou, and to the rain forest, I am so thrilled! I have written a list of to do';s so I have to finish one erea before I can go to the next. I am there 2 1/2 days so I must get it all in!! I can not do ride max, I just am going to walk to one section, I will tehn do all on my list and go to the next section. I will no doubt have to really book it but I will :)
thank you for all your help, I will look for the grotto and wishing well, and also try to get alladin in if I can. :)

Crazy4DL
03-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Rain Forest Cafe is FANTASTIC. I was very cynical about it at first - I assumed it was just another terrible gimmick franchise.

Yes, it is another gimmick franchise, but done very, VERY well. The indoor thunderstorms and gorillas are a blast. The food and service was excellent. Reservations are pretty much a must.

One note of caution: we tried their breakfast and unfortunately the raves about dinner don't apply to the place during the morning. The staff seemed disinterested and the food was wildly overpriced for what you got (not talking about quantity - just quality).

We only had breakfast there one morning last May and it was very good that day. Had a nice server so maybe it varies. We enjoyed the rain and lightening!!

Stupid_American
03-13-2005, 02:25 PM

Depending on the time and crowds, there can be quite a wait.

Eariler, take the Monorail to Downtown Disney, exit and head to your right.
Stop at Rainforest to make your reservation.
Head back on the Monorail.

Return later and eat.

Stupid_American
03-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Disregard previous post.
Man, one has to be fast!

experiment626
03-13-2005, 02:27 PM
My list of things to do in the parks.

everything

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Disregard previous post.
Man, one has to be fast!

LOL! thanks stupidamerican, you are funny. I called and made them, I am glad I did! they were pretty full already!

sjcivilady
03-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Buzz Astro Blasters is open now too. If they have them going - be sure to do the canoe boats, where you get to paddle. I thought that was very fun. Do you have a park brochure (map showing all the rides, restaurants, etc) from when you went before? If you don't I can send you the ones I got when I was there a couple weeks ago. Just let me know.

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Thank you , I do have some maps. I got extras while there so I could put them in my scrape book. I also got printed out all my to do's so far. I hoping I can fit it all in, it will be close as the parks are suposed to be packed, but I will wait in long lines and chat with others ( I am very out going:)

Cherene
03-13-2005, 02:38 PM
We went to Aladin last year and it is awsome. We thought we had great seats about 5 from the front. Don't get me wrong they were great, but I think the balcony might be better. you get a better view of the flying carpet (all I am going to say) :)

Also, Snow White is a really good show. My dd loved it, all but the magic mirror that is!

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 02:43 PM
when I go into DCA I will definatly look into these shows. I plan on spending a hald day there. This is good since I did not have much going there, that may last the whole day. I am going to DCa friday afternoon until closing . I am bringing my video camera so I can get the light parade and general shots of the whole park./

Monte Cristo
03-13-2005, 03:11 PM
I can not do ride max, I just am going to walk to one section, I will tehn do all on my list and go to the next section. I will no doubt have to really book it but I will :)
thank you for all your help, I will look for the grotto and wishing well, and also try to get alladin in if I can. :)

Ah, don't worry about ridemax. In my VERY biased opinion, it's not worth it. Don't sweat about "getting everything in". You will and you'll have a great time doing it.

Hakuna Makarla
03-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks Monte, I believe i will with no distractions and such. I am not going to sweat the small stuff. I am taking it by sections and doing what I can. :)